GDT: All things Baseball

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Cubs have never won the World Series at Wrigley Field. #endthecurse

Also the Braves will suck this year, no questions asked.

Going to try and see some minor-league games this summer. Minor-league ball is always a good time.

Reactions: Unsustainable

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Heck yeah , minor league baseball is great. Been going to Mudcats games in previous years , but now they have a team closer to home in Buies Creek. Next year they'll move to Fayetteville

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Also I'm pretty sure I said this last year but I didn't really follow through on it at all, but I'm going to try again to get into Baseball. Some of the teams that I do at least remember liking were the Braves, Pirates, Tigers and White Sox. Although I have no idea if any of these 4 are actual rivalries with one another and I'm a heathen.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Also I'm pretty sure I said this last year but I didn't really follow through on it at all, but I'm going to try again to get into Baseball. Some of the teams that I do at least remember liking were the Braves, Pirates, Tigers and White Sox. Although I have no idea if any of these 4 are actual rivalries with one another and I'm a heathen.

why?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
One day the Ms will win the World Series.

Thought they would do it in 2001.

I'm sure they'll make it happen someday. Just a shame that they didn't win in 2001 as good as they were, never cashed in on Johnson, Griffey, ARod, and then also managed to waste Ichiro and Felix when they were a couple of the best players in the game as well.

I still think they'll be relevant in the race this year, but you couldn't ask for a much worse start.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm sure they'll make it happen someday. Just a shame that they didn't win in 2001 as good as they were, never cashed in on Johnson, Griffey, ARod, and then also managed to waste Ichiro and Felix when they were a couple of the best players in the game as well.

I still think they'll be relevant in the race this year, but you couldn't ask for a much worse start.

the way i look at it is at least we are not toronto rofl

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Heck yeah , minor league baseball is great. Been going to Mudcats games in previous years , but now they have a team closer to home in Buies Creek. Next year they'll move to Fayetteville

Actually I think the Stros are stuck in the Creek for 2 years until Fayetteville's park is built. Now would be an excellent time to go through the teams that the Carolinas, who they're affiliated with and what level they're with. I mean we have Tebow playing just 3.5 hours away now!

Team | City | Class | League | MLB Affiliate
Asheville Tourists|Asheville, NC|Low-A|South Atlantic|Rockies
Buies Creek Astros|Buies Creek, NC|Advanced-A|Carolina|Astros
Burlington Royals|Burlington, NC|Rookie|Appalachian|Royals
Carolina Mudcats|Zebulon, NC|Advanced-A|Carolina|Brewers
Charleston RiverDogs|Charleston, SC|Low-A|South Atlantic|Yankees
Charlotte Knights|Charlotte, NC|AAA|International|White Sox
Columbia Fireflies|Columbia, SC|Low-A|South Atlantic|Mets
Down East Wood Ducks|Kinston, NC|Advanced-A|Carolina|Rangers
Durham Bulls|Durham, NC|AAA|International|Rays
Greensboro Grasshoppers|Greensboro, NC|Low-A|South Atlantic|Marlins
Greenville Drive|Greenville, SC|Low-A|South Atlantic|Red Sox
Hickory Crawdads|Hickory, NC|Low-A|South Atlantic|Rangers
Kannapolis Intimidators|Kannapolis, NC|Low-A|South Atlantic|White Sox
Myrtle Beach Pelicans|Myrtle Beach, SC|Advanced-A|Carolina|Cubs
Winston-Salem Dash|Winston-Salem, NC|Advanced-A|Carolina|White Sox

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I thought the Mudcats were affiliated with the Braves? Guess I missed the switch.

The Player Development Contract with the Braves expired this past summer. The Braves opted to affiliate with the Florida Fire Frogs who play in Kissimmee, FL. That left the Mudcats in search of a new MLB affiliate and it came down to the Brewers or the Rockies. There's also some talk that the Brewers are interested in purchasing the Mudcats outright, which would cause that affiliation to be permanent.

Really wish they went bigger with the Holly Springs stadium and tried to pull some low A team.

That'd be a non-starter as it would have been too close to the Bulls. If memory serves, the territory rule is that teams have 35 mile territories and the Holly Springs park is within that zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->