All Things AHL Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Thank you.

For those of you uneducated as I, here is the list of where our players are between the two teams:

SAR
Blais
Musil
Thompson
Agozzino
Kostin
Schmaltz
Butler
Husso

CHI
Lindbohm
Bennett
MacEachern
Megan
Barbashev
Walman

Binnington is on loan to Providence

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Schmaltz with another point and Thompson with a goal. He now has 7 points in 7 games.
I really would like Schmaltz to get a call up.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wouldn't be surprised if Thompson gets called up again at some point in the next couple months, depending on how the 3rd line performs. He seems to be finding his groove.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Thompson took about 4-7 games to find his grove and I think a lot of fans gave up on him a bit and made him expendable.

I would still like him to continue to spend a good amount of the season In the AHL as it will help him develop his center skills.

I am not sure playing him on the 3rd line and having to carry the play would be good for his development. I am looking long term here.

My fear is we would set him up for failure.

Reactions: OSA

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Thompson took about 4-7 games to find his grove and I think a lot of fans gave up on him a bit and made him expendable.

I would still like him to continue to spend a good amount of the season In the AHL as it will help him develop his center skills.

I am not sure playing him on the 3rd line and having to carry the play would be good for his development. I am looking long term here.

My fear is we would set him up for failure.
Barring injuries of course I kinda hope Thompson stays in the AHL until next season. No need to rush him. Especially considering they’re trying to have him more comfortable in the center position

Reactions: Majorityof1
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Barring injuries of course I kinda hope Thompson stays in the AHL until next season. No need to rush him. Especially considering they’re trying to have him more comfortable in the center position

My feeling as well. Ideally I would prefer to see him play the entire season in the American league and come up after San Antonio's season ends. I'm not totally opposed to calling him up earlier, but I really would only want to do that if he spends the next 30 games destroying the AHL.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
There just isn’t the room currently. He wouldn’t get the ice time he currently gets with the Rampage.

I sort of agree about icetime, but I really would like to see if he can help out the PP. Bort is what he is at this point. I would like to give Schmaltz a 15 game trial unless he really sticks up the first ten games. Just more experienced then Dunn at this point.

Granted it becomes a moot point if CP starts wiring shots from the point for tip ins.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’d argue that at this stage in his career Schmaltz would be better served by getting 3rd pairing NHL minutes than 1st pairing AHL minutes. To take that next step, he needs to consistently face NHL competition. Like Dunn is doing now.

But the Blues also have to do what’s best for the team. And what’s best for the team right now is their current D configuration. If one of the righties get injured though I’d think the Blues would have no hesitation throwing Schmaltz into the mix.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I’d argue that at this stage in his career Schmaltz would be better served by getting 3rd pairing NHL minutes than 1st pairing AHL minutes. To take that next step, he needs to consistently face NHL competition. Like Dunn is doing now.

But the Blues also have to do what’s best for the team. And what’s best for the team right now is their current D configuration. If one of the righties get injured though I’d think the Blues would have no hesitation throwing Schmaltz into the mix.
I agree with this 100%. He does need time in the NHL to elevate his overall game.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
After being up 2-0 against Milwaukee, the Wolves end up losing 3-2 in ot. MacEachern knocked in his second goal of the year and Walman got his fifth assist of the season. This team just finds ways to lose games.

Reactions: Majorityof1

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Why was Schmaltz scratched after warmups last night? Did he actually get injured in warmups? Waiving Prosser?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Why was Schmaltz scratched after warmups last night? Did he actually get injured in warmups? Waiving Prosser?

I’m wondering that as well.

I’d guess he has a nagging injury though. That’s just a guess but I’d guess he took warmups to see how he felt and the training staff thought it best for him to not play so he was scratched.

They play again today so I guess we’ll see if he’s scratched again.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I'd like to see him again soon. I feel like I haven't seen what he can do, since he played a very conservative game when he filled in with the Blues last year.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Binnington put up 18 saves on 19 shots today for Providence as he got his fourth win of the season. Megan also finally has his first goal of the year today for the Wolves, had 33 last season.

Joshy, just wanted to give a shout out for all your AHL updates. I don't have the time to follow nearly as much as I'd like, and I don't know where to access the games outside of buying the expensive AHL Live packages. I'll buy a 5/10 game pass here or there to peek in, but with 2-3 teams to follow now, that is not nearly enough. So I greatly appreciate your updates. They are informative and agenda-free which is great. Gave you a couple "likes" as well to show appreciation.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Joshy, just wanted to give a shout out for all your AHL updates. I don't have the time to follow nearly as much as I'd like, and I don't know where to access the games outside of buying the expensive AHL Live packages. I'll buy a 5/10 game pass here or there to peek in, but with 2-3 teams to follow now, that is not nearly enough. So I greatly appreciate your updates. They are informative and agenda-free which is great. Gave you a couple "likes" as well to show appreciation.
Appreciate it man! Just enjoy following the “Baby Blues”. Sometimes I feel like the players at the AHL level get a tad overlooked compared the kids in junior. Love trying to give a few updates.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Husso skating with the Rampage this morning. Great sign for him that the injury is healing roughly to what they announced originally. Which was a “couple weeks”.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Multi point game for Jordan Schmaltz yesterday as the Rampage won 4-3 over the Wild. Kostin finally breaks his pointless streak, it had been 7 games or so. He’s hit a brick wall of sorts. Husso is almost ready to return to the San Antonio club. Possibly Tuesday. For the Wolves they lost to both of their top rivals in Rockford and Grand Rapids but Barbashev was relenvent when it mattered, haven’t liked his play as much of late. Binnington started for the AHL Bruins Saturday night and put up 25 saves on 27 shots, they won 4-2

Reactions: PiggySmalls
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->