All Things AHL Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Blais with another 2 goals and 1 assist for SA tonight. Husso got lit up though with 5 goals allowed on 34 shots.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
For Christ's sake, just bring up Blais already. Blues need secondary scoring in a bad way. Put him with Barbashev and Megan and let them make some magic.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would call Blais up right away, he's clearly ahead of Thompson. TT should be in AHL instead of Blais.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Husso was hung out to dry a number of times. He got frustrated and started being overly aggressive in net. Not Husso’s best night.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Blais is actually taking Thompson’s place. Haven’t seen an update on Steen yet though

Oh shit. I saw that right after writing this. That's great. Thompson isn't at practice, so the first supposition by the Blues reporters was a Steen return.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It took the Blues 5 regular season games to realize what training camp made obvious: Blais is more ready than Thompson.

Now replace Paajarvi with Steen and our top 9 will actually look competent.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Anyone have any reports on Musil? Id like to see him eventually centering the fourth line, flagged by Upshall & Brodziak. I've yet to be impressed by Sundqvist, Thorburn, Pay-R-Vee or Jaskin. I'd waive them all when Steen & Bergy returned, if we couldn't get somebody to take 'em via trade. Those four roster spots have pretty much been wasted to this point. It's amazing we've gotten off to such a good start considering all of the dead weight the top of the roster has had to carry around on their shoulders.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Anyone have any reports on Musil? Id like to see him eventually centering the fourth line, flagged by Upshall & Brodziak. I've yet to be impressed by Sundqvist, Thorburn, Pay-R-Vee or Jaskin. I'd waive them all when Steen & Bergy returned, if we couldn't get somebody to take 'em via trade. Those four roster spots have pretty much been wasted to this point. It's amazing we've gotten off to such a good start considering all of the dead weight the top of the roster has had to carry around on their shoulders.
I think Jaskin has looked fine in a bottom 6 role, and Sundqvist is kinda meh but he can PK and be a decent 4C. So no real reason to lose them, they provide good depth.

I agree that Paajarvi and Thorburn really add nothing though and should always be scratched.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Musil has played fine for San Antonio but he hasn’t done anything to “force” a call up per say. Ideally he will be a solid bottom six center but we should just take our time with him. Possible call up next season.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Few AHL notes from today: Two assists tonight for Schmaltz today as the Rampage got another win. Kostin also added another assist to his point tally and had a decent game. Binnington was once again the backup for the Providence Bruins so he didn’t get a game in this weekend. Chicago Wolves got their first win of the year but nothing much to speak of from Walman, Lindbohm or MacEachern.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues send down Prosser and benching Bortuzzo to give Schmaltz another chance in the NHL soon. He seems to be flourishing in the AHL in the early days.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues send down Prosser and benching Bortuzzo to give Schmaltz another chance in the NHL soon. He seems to be flourishing in the AHL in the early days.

I like Bortuzzo and like the toughness he brings, but man, he brings zero offense to the table. Maybe bringing in Schmaltz would add more offense which is greatly needed.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I like Bortuzzo and like the toughness he brings, but man, he brings zero offense to the table. Maybe bringing in Schmaltz would add more offense which is greatly needed.
I’d be all for it but I don’t see Yeo making our defense any younger. Not unless he was forced to due to injury reasons

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Maybe when Bouw is back and assuming that causes Dunn to be sent down, at that point it may make sense to give Schmaltz a shot at 3LD. I don’t see Yeo or the brass being too keen on having both Dunn and Schmaltz in the top-6 unless forced too by injuries.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The Blues previously lost Prosser to waivers when attempting to send him down, and I doubt anything has changed the Blues mind having an all-rookie 3rd pairing. They'll turn to Prosser if they want to give Bortuzzo a break.

Chances are pretty good that someone will get injured at some point, and Schmaltz will get a shot to show something then if he's still playing well.

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Chances are pretty good that someone will get injured at some point, and Schwartz will get a shot to show something then if he's still playing well.
Schwartz on defense? Now that would be fun to see;).

(By the way, what happened to the sarcasm smilie? I liked that one...)

Reactions: KirkOut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad