All Things AHL Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There are actually 4 goalies on the Wolves. Vegas already signed Legace and Dansk, not expecting to pick up Subban and send Pickard down. So chicago has Legace, Dasnk, Binnington and Pickard. Binnie should easily beat Legace, but Dansk has been overseas, so not sure how good he is now. I'm also not sure if Binnie will get a fair shot over a Vegas prospect who will be with the team next year too. Long story short, Binnington could win the back-up role, but the game may also be rigged.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Wolves fall 6-5 to Texas in a goal fest. VGK players were the ones who stood out the entire game. Mainly talking about Theodore and Tuch. Walman played but was pretty quiet. Lindbohm was used in a few big situations. As posted about the Rampage play tomorrow. Currently watching Rattie play for his new AHL club, the Bakersfield Condors. Poor Rattie.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Schmaltz the first star of the game. Was all over the ice. Blais got a nice little goal. Kostin played as well though I didn’t notice him as much. Rampage in general looked good. Switching to the Wolves, they lost to the Stars again. Blues prospect wise only Walman and Lindbohm played.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So basically the Wolves have Walman and then everybody else that matters is on San Antonio.

We will see where Thompson goes when Steen comes back.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
So basically the Wolves have Walman and then everybody else that matters is on San Antonio.

We will see where Thompson goes when Steen comes back.
Basically. Well they also have Lindbohm, Bleackley and MacEachern. Binnington is hidden away up there too but needs to be moved soon. Hasn’t even been dressed as a backup yet

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Jordan Binnington being loaned out to the Providence Bruins who also made a move to ensure he’d get playing time. So the loan has finally been made. Had to happen as Binnington didn’t even dress this past weekend

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Funny thing is that Vegas had glut of goalies in Chicago blocking Binnington, but their claim of Subban meant he couldn't go to Providence and Providence needed a goalie. Binnington goes there. Problem solved.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Can anyone give me a scouting report on Binnington?

There are others here that have seen him more then I have. But he is a pretty solid AHL goalie. His rebound control issues to me is what have slowed his development a little bit. Great athleticism and I think he covers angles pretty solidly.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Attendance is basically top 10-12 in the league every season. Get great crowds on weekend nights, struggle on Sundays which is pretty normal.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Attendance is basically top 10-12 in the league every season. Get great crowds on weekend nights, struggle on Sundays which is pretty normal.

Are the Rampage excited to be switching affiliations after this season or does it not really matter? Personally, I think Texas is growing in hockey fandom, but am I wrong with this?

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Funny thing is that Vegas had glut of goalies in Chicago blocking Binnington, but their claim of Subban meant he couldn't go to Providence and Providence needed a goalie. Binnington goes there. Problem solved.

Seems he landed in a good situation. I think he's got no future with the Blues, but maybe this will be a good opportunity to impress some people and earn another contract.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
One less prospect on the Wolves as Bleackley has been moved to the Tulsa Oilers of the ECHL. Spent 14 games in the league last year with the Mavericks and racked up 17 points.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Jordan Binnington being loaned out to the Providence Bruins who also made a move to ensure he’d get playing time. So the loan has finally been made. Had to happen as Binnington didn’t even dress this past weekend

Binnington is a solid prospect still for the Blues; especially now that Opilka's career may be jeopardized by injury and Fitzpatrick being kinda sucky.

That leaves Husso.

Can anyone give me a scouting report on Binnington?

There are others here that have seen him more then I have. But he is a pretty solid AHL goalie. His rebound control issues to me is what have slowed his development a little bit. Great athleticism and I think he covers angles pretty solidly.

Agree with Smalls. Binny is a great athlete, even though he is a bean pole. He can stop pucks, but has some rebound control issues. He has difficulty absorbing the puck. Great vision and focus, but needs to maybe loosen up a little.

One less prospect on the Wolves as Bleackley has been moved to the Tulsa Oilers of the ECHL. Spent 14 games in the league last year with the Mavericks and racked up 17 points.

Bleackley is a good hockey player and I hope he can parlay his ECHL success into an AHL career.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Thanks for the replies, guys. While I expect Zane McIntyre will play a lot more than Binnington, Providence needed a solid AHL tender as a backup as I can't see the both of the Boston goalies staying healthy all year and the only other goalie under Boston contract who got sent to the ECHL is a young "project" who needs to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad