All the NHL teams could draft Crosby in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Here is another angle I just thougfht of:

$Bill Wirtz WILL get his way on the CBA OR ELSE!

Having been bamboozled by Gary Bettman and the other nuts into accepting a few quick dollars for (OVER) expansion only to see his team in a shambles,his building empty--he will break the NHLPA or have the CBA his way or else he might just pull out of this messed-up league--REMEMBER --he OWNS the United Centre with ZERO money owing on it---he will be around after a long-lock-out OR he can just let the NHL fizzle --start up hs own new league with only a few others invited to join---and start FILLING HIS BUILDING again! THAT is his 1st priority...
What a better way to fill it than by starting a brand new league and
having Mr. Sidney Crosby signed in a marketing coup de grace --like Indianapolis did with Gretzky! Hey--anything is possible........

leafaholix*

Hopefully there's a strike and the league fixes it so the Leafs get Crosby.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I've heard from a NHL scout that even if the CBA expires, the rules will revert back to the old tried and true draft - and this has already been covered.

Whether they do another lottery remains a question, but it would be a lottery with the same rules as we have in place now. It does mean the team that finishes last this year will hypothetically have a chance at both Ovechkin and Crosby should they win both and there is a year long lock-out.

Either way, a free for all in 2005 is just not going to happen.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
JasonMacIsaac said:
If NJ got 1st overall I would want them to trade the pick. I trust Parise as our future #1 center adn Crosby would get us a pretty penny.

The New Jersey Nets would like to say, "I hate your existence."

Seriously. Crosby = people who will now be willing to come to your god awful arena... arguably one of the worst commutes of any sports league in the United States.

Parise = boring, tough leadership guy who will win games but your awful fan base wont care about.

Nets = a bball franchise who need support for a new arena, and don't care if Crosby is the only reason for it... but certainly would be pissed off if the Devils traded his rights away... because they realize he is an butt-in-the-seat maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->