All-Star Teams Selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The accounting firm of Claudio, Alex & Mannarino tabulated the votes from the 28 GM’s that submitted their picks. Interestingly enough there were two ties and both involved the Coach category. The top vote getter was Ilya Kovalchuk with 23 votes. The winners are:

Eastern Conference #of Votes
C Brendan Morrison (BOS) 16
LW Ilya Kovalchuk (NJ) 23
RW Todd Bertuzzi (PHI) 20
D Bryan McCabe (BOS) 14
D Kimmo Timonen (WAS) 17
G Marty Turco (BOS) 14
C Dave Lewis(FLO) 8
Pat Burns (BOS) 8
GM Rich Epstein (NJ) 11

Western Conference
C Peter Forsberg (SJ) 19
LW Marco Sturm (MIN) 13
RW Martin St. Louis (MIN) 9
D Niklas Lidstrom (DET) 22
D Ed Jovanovski (SJ) 19
G Martin Brodeur (CBJ) 11
C Dave Tippett (CHI) 8
Mike Babcock (CBJ) 8
GM Doug Emerson (CBJ) 7

Each player/coach and GM selected will win $200,000.

Close battles:

Epstein 11 vs Krueger 9
St. Louis 9 vs Alfredsson 8
Emerson 7 vs Dockus, Dryden 6

Mar 1, 2002
Two Minnesota Wild players garnered $200,000 each in bonuses for GM Greg Dockus by being named to the Western Conference All-Star team. Wingers Marco Sturm and Martin St Louis are the high scoring duo whose outstanding play have led the Wild to their best record yet through 57 games.

"I thank the boys for their wonderful play and leadership," said Dockus. "It's been an exciting year so far, and we look for Marco and Martin to lead us through the playoffs."

When advised that he finished one vote short of being named top GM, Dockus was gracious. "Doug deserves it. Best record in the conference should stand for something, and I'm happy for him. Anything else? Ok, thanks folks."

Dockus then went back to his office where paperweights, staplers and telephones were heard to crash to the floor and off the walls.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Wild GM said:
Dockus then went back to his office where paperweights, staplers and telephones were heard to crash to the floor and off the walls.

For what it's worth, Greg, I voted for you (and had Chicago down for coach - trying to spread the love!). Congrats to both of you on an awesome season so far - and with Edmonton and Detroit right in the thick of things, it's going to be an exciting race to the finish! I can't remember when a conference was this tight this late into the year...

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Bruin All-Stars donate money to Bruin Ale Fund

Good job by everyone, and congrats to all the nominees.

Quite pleased with the Bruins that were selected... :handclap: A fine bunch of sportsmen. Their winnings will be spent supplying the team with frosty ales for the remainder of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->