Rugby: All rugby discussion

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Really surprised that they've started Jordie this game.

Most NH fans won't have seen much of him yet, he looks the goods and may very likely be our fullback once Smith sails into the sunset, but first starting cap being thrust into a deciding Lions tour game at fullback in what are probably going to be crap conditions is a huge ask.

Thought for sure we'd keep the safe, veteran presence of Dagg at the back.

One thing with Jordie at 15 however is that we keep hearing how one of the All Blacks few weaknesses is that Beauden is inconsistent with his goalkicking, Jordie is top tier goalkicking, again however he's going to be under huge pressure.

Also interesting that they've taken Ioane out and put Savea into the mix.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Dagg wasnt very good at fullback in the 2nd test, missed the tackle on Faletau's try and was poor under the high ball

I thought Ioane was good in the first two tests but Savea is a good player as well, better than any of the Lions wings for sure.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Surprised with the Savea pick as well, guess they needed to add a bit of experience with Ngani and Jordie in the side. I'm glad the series has gone 3 tests, although i'll be irate if we lose the series. But it's hard to see that happening unless we get another situation like the second test. Can't be mad game 2 was reffed to the law, but jumping into a pass and being able to get a penalty from it is a dumb rule.

Been a really enjoyable tour outside of one or two dour midweek games. Itoje has probably been my favourite Lions player.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Ioane is sick and Naholo is out from getting clocked by O'brien, makes more sense now that Savea is in.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Surprised with the Savea pick as well, guess they needed to add a bit of experience with Ngani and Jordie in the side. I'm glad the series has gone 3 tests, although i'll be irate if we lose the series. But it's hard to see that happening unless we get another situation like the second test. Can't be mad game 2 was reffed to the law, but jumping into a pass and being able to get a penalty from it is a dumb rule.

Been a really enjoyable tour outside of one or two dour midweek games. Itoje has probably been my favourite Lions player.

England won't be the best team on paper at the next world cup, but with the younger guys like Itoje and Watson coming through to compliment the current core like Farrell who are mostly in their mid 20s, another World Cup win would not be outside the realms of possibility with a bit of good luck. As a Welshman that would be unbearable though.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Terrible start by Owen Farrell

The last time i remember a player having such a negative impact for his team was when Mauro Bergamasco, a flanker, started as scrum half for Italy against England because their first 3 or 4 choices at that position were all injured.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
No extra time? A tie is worse than losing!

Thought Lions should have gone for the corner at the end instead of taking the points. The only thing you get from a draw is the knowledge you didn't lose. They would've had a better chance to WIN the game if they'd gone to the corner, kicking the points just meant they got trapped in their own 22 after the restart.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Even if we accept that call as correct (very debatable) the All Blacks didn't get an advantage, ALB had the ball, why wasn't it advantage?

I hate to play the ref card, and if the AB's could catch the damn ball it wouldn't matter, but that situation was nonsense and such a crap way to finish the game. Either the AB's get an advantage there or a penalty, they got neither. Dopey ref out of his depth.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It was nice that the series wasn't a total blowout. That being said, All Blacks still won the series in my eyes, 5 tries to 3. ;)

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
All Blacks first half was one of the most explosive halves of Rugby produced.

A shame they let themselves go in time second but an unchallenged win regardless.

Hopefully a bit more of the world got a look at McKenzie. Ioane continues to blossom, Squire made Kaino forgotten as well.

Damn I miss Coles though, if they can play like that, but with that extra element of Coles as well, it would be incredible.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
McKenzie is electric, I was floored with how he played against the Crusaders is the SFs, shades of Cullen. Furthermore, that entire team is a joy to watch.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
57-0 against South Africa, historically our toughest rival, lol.

One of the most complete performances we have ever produced.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Broncos are cheapshot artists.

Billy The Kid puts Storm in the Granny

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
Holy Stressballs Batman............

*I thought a few weeks out from the end that the Cowboys were done
*Round 26 had to rely on the Bulldogs to beat St George and did it
*Did anyone expect them to beat Cronulla? No but they did
*Did anyone expect them to beat Parramatta? No. Funny thing was, the moment some of the Parramatta players started to carry on like pork chops and throw those tanties, I began to have some faith
*Did anyone expect them to beat the Roosters? No but once again, holy stressballs Batman.

Friday Night, I was actually gunning for the Brisbane Broncos to at least give the Melbourne Storm a run for their moolah but meh!

Bring on Grand Final Day and Darko, have a good week.

P.S. We Cowboys Supporters welcome Bandwagon Supporters from wherever (yes, even Brisbane).

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I started paying more attention to NRL this year and I like what I'm seeing, though I still prefer Union by a long shot. Glad the Storm are in, they seemed like the best team the entire season while the Broncos played like grubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad