All-rookie team

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I am not sure, but I can guess no because giving two rookie defensemen enough time to succeed, especially on a "contender" (and I use that term loosely referring to Philly) would be close to suicide. Pitkanen may have the talent to be a 2nd pairing defenseman this year, maybe even get 1st pairing minutes, but Woywitka should play most of his season in the AHL this season.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
PhoPhan said:
I am not sure, but I can guess no because giving two rookie defensemen enough time to succeed, especially on a "contender" (and I use that term loosely referring to Philly) would be close to suicide. Pitkanen may have the talent to be a 2nd pairing defenseman this year, maybe even get 1st pairing minutes, but Woywitka should play most of his season in the AHL this season.

Woywitka will start the season in the AHL, but Jim Vandermeer, will play regularly in our top 6. He played 24 games last year so he is still considered a rookie. Also appears to have improved quite a bit from last year. Not going to put up great offensive numbers, but very steady tough physical defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->