Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Such an interesting thematic contrast: the difference between a man doing this for a living and a boy still doing this for fun, 3-2.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Denis is beginning to remind me a little bit of Becker. Is that too weird? Minus the superb volley game, which he needs to develop, of course.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I just got home. Is DP injured or not trying?
He's trying but it's like he is working overtime with no sleep, his dog just died, and his girlfriend left him.

He'll perk up after he wins this tie breaker.

Oops. Egg on my face or what?

Last edited:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
He's trying but it's like he is working overtime with no sleep, his dog just died, and his girlfriend left him.

He'll perk up after he wins this tie breaker.

Ah, a country music song!

He doesn't look like he's hitting with much pace.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The future of Canadian tennis! Denis and FAA. They'll have a nice supporting cast aswell.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well holy ****! Milos, look out, Denis is coming!
Shapovalov definitely got wobbly there from 6-5 on, but knowing that he pulled out the win anyway may be a real confidence booster for him next time when he is in that situation.

Del Potro was hitting very hard on the forehand side throughout most of the match, so much so that he piled up about 20+ errors on that side from over-hitting. Very uncharacteristic, but a complement to Denis in a way.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Shapovalov definitely got wobbly there from 6-5 on, but knowing that he pulled out the win anyway may be a real confidence booster for him next time when he is in that situation.

Del Potro was hitting very hard on the forehand side throughout most of the match, so much so that he piled up about 20+ errors on that side from over-hitting. Very uncharacteristic, but a complement to Denis in a way.

DP hasn't consistently found his forehand. when he did he won the points, but it was far and few in-between.

Props to Denis, pretty excited about his potential going forward! When I watched him win Wimbledon boys title last year I knew he was talented yet so so raw. But I'm very impressed how quickly his game is improving. Still difficult to say with any certainty but I hope he keeps improving in the next few years.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Murray has also pulled out of Cincy so we're likely to have a new #1 soon. Nadal can grab it in Montreal.

I can honestly say there was a time where I thought it would be impossible for Nadal to get back to #1.

Federer isn't far behind Murray and Nadal aswell.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Raonic off to a slow start, getting broken to love with a DF and 3 errors. Lost the first 8 points. Finally wins points in his next game (winning it to 15)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
That was about as bad a performance that I've ever seen from Raonic. Doesn't look anywhere close to a top 10 player right now.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Granted, this is not exactly a topic of great interest, but...: is there a WTA "no armpit hair" rule? It's not like armpit hair is a universal no-no around the world, but I can't ever remember seeing a professional women's tennis player ever showing any. Slow day and all.....

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Caroline Wozniacki's father may not be a jerk (I don't know one way or the other), but his constant coaching intrusions during her matches really annoys me. Usually, she seems to treat him with cold disdain, but he doesn't get the message. Wonder what he thought about her nude layout for ESPN's Body Issue? Time for him to go home and let her get a real coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad