Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Jokiharju gonna join for the playoffs?
I don't think he's eligible. Due to his age, I've heard that next season will either be NHL or WHL for him. So I can't imagine that he'd be able to play in the A now, but not next season.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Technically he is on loan from Tappara to Portland so I believe he is eligible no?
he was drafted out of the CHL, he cannot sign and play in the AHL - all he can do is an ATO for this year in the AHL but I think that has to be signed prior to the playoffs starting so not sure he is eligible to even play on an ATO for Rockford.

Sasha Chmelevski signed an ATO to finish the year for the Sharks AHL team, but he did that like 2 weeks ago, and he was drafted out of the CHL as well...he has to go NHL/OHL next year despite playing some AHL games this year.

NHL/WHL for HJ next year his only option.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
he was drafted out of the CHL, he cannot sign and play in the AHL - all he can do is an ATO for this year in the AHL but I think that has to be signed prior to the playoffs starting so not sure he is eligible to even play on an ATO for Rockford.

Sasha Chmelevski signed an ATO to finish the year for the Sharks AHL team, but he did that like 2 weeks ago, and he was drafted out of the CHL as well...he has to go NHL/OHL next year despite playing some AHL games this year.

NHL/WHL for HJ next year his only option.
I've seen you say that you think HJ can play in the NHL next year. What would be your expectations for him if he did play here next season? Any player from this season that could be comparable?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I've seen you say that you think HJ can play in the NHL next year. What would be your expectations for him if he did play here next season? Any player from this season that could be comparable?
I think he can, not much in his way to prevent him on our blue line...lol!

He should get the 9 game look, at MINIMUM and pair him up with Keith and see what he can do. He looks to have done enough at the CHL level the past 2 years, I think he is ready to roll and deserves that look. He can really help this teams transition game, and my expectations for him are similar to what I said over and over again with Cat...he is going to stick out of camp, and produce and earn himself top 4 minutes..even if we sign a John Moore or De Hann, this kid on the right side has no big competition for a top 4 unless Seabrook comes back at 210lbs and shredded wheat...not banking on that.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think he can, not much in his way to prevent him on our blue line...lol!

He should get the 9 game look, at MINIMUM and pair him up with Keith and see what he can do. He looks to have done enough at the CHL level the past 2 years, I think he is ready to roll and deserves that look. He can really help this teams transition game, and my expectations for him are similar to what I said over and over again with Cat...he is going to stick out of camp, and produce and earn himself top 4 minutes..even if we sign a John Moore or De Hann, this kid on the right side has no big competition for a top 4 unless Seabrook comes back at 210lbs and shredded wheat...not banking on that.
Any chance he can have as good of a rookie season next year as a Sergachev or McAvoy? I know that's a hell of a ask for him, but is it any way possible?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Any chance he can have as good of a rookie season next year as a Sergachev or McAvoy? I know that's a hell of a ask for him, but is it any way possible?

I have to admit that I didn't see Sergachev's last year in OHL so I can't make good comparison but I have seen ~25 games from Jokiharju this year. Cooper has utilized Sergachev nicely, easy match-ups and good amount of PP time. I think the Joker could do that if Q would handle his minutes correctly at the beginning and if he can keep it up, try him with Keith.

Joker has the offensive tools which Sergachev has, maybe even better. And what I've heard and read, Sergachev has had a lot of his issues in D zone like 99% of the rookies.

Keith - Murphy
Oesterle/Gustafsson - Rutta
Forsling - Jokiharju
Seabrook

This is what I would do. I don't like the second pair at all but I think Forsling needs to start with easier minutes as Joker. They could mesh. Idk.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Jokiharju playing for Finland’s men national team in EHT Tournament.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Okay, some good news (well not really news, more like info) about Jokiharju. Using this site, Jokiharju would be expected to score around 27pts next year if he played in the NHL. If you put in the info for Sergachev's conversion rate before he made the jump, his points were expected to be around 22. If you did McAvoy, that number would be 21.

So Jokiharju, one year after his draft, would statistically have a better chance of putting up more points in his rookie NHL season than Sergachev or McAvoy had at that same point (draft +1 year).

Both of those guys ended up being around .5ppg in their rookie seasons this year, and it'll be hard for HJ to do the same, but it's obvious that he has the ability.

Reactions: AmericanDream

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just playing around a bit, but I used the conversion tool on the site I posted a couple of posts above to see what Ian Mitchell's numbers would be. His NHLe would be 25pts a season, which as a 19yo two-way defensemen drafted a year ago in the 2nd round, is not too shabby.

So his is 25pts, Jokiharju's NHLe is 27, Sergachev's was 22 a year ago, and McAvoy's was 21 a year ago. Oesterle would've had 22pts if he kept at his pace for the entire season. Gustafsson would've been a bit higher with 37 if he kept at his pace for a whole season.

Just to give people an Idea of why you should be excited about Jokiharju and Mitchell.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK and migi

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Really? This is an amazing discovery...
I understand you’re being snide. Completely uncalled for. I was just commenting on the string of projections on a player. But, whatever gets you off.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I understand you’re being snide. Completely uncalled for. I was just commenting on the string of projections on a player. But, whatever gets you off.

Not snide just being sarcastic because we all know what you stated.

NHLe typically are decent indicators.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Until achieved, the projections mean nothing.
It's simply something that Hawks fans can get excited over. That Jokiharju and Mitchell are doing very well for themselves right now.

And NHLe can be pretty damn accurate. It was able to be within a few points of correctly predicting how many points Panarin got in his rookie season as well as being just two points off on DeBrincat.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Scott Powers wrote in his latest Athltic article that Jokiharju can actually play in Rockford next season because he was loaned from his team in Finland to the Winterhawks.

That's such a better option than him either making the team out of camp or going back to a league that he's already learned everything he can in.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Scott Powers wrote in his latest Athltic article that Jokiharju can actually play in Rockford next season because he was loaned from his team in Finland to the Winterhawks.

That's such a better option than him either making the team out of camp or going back to a league that he's already learned everything he can in.

Yep. I think he turns some heads during training camp and makes a run at the roster.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

That's a pretty nifty development there. I think he has a shot at the Hawks roster but knowing he can be 90 minutes down I-90 playing the pro game is a nice back up plan.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But if Q ruins Jokiharju playing with the morose no hunger Keith we saw this season. ..Mr.-29
.then Jokiharju will not last thru 9 games anyway ..He would probably be -9 by then ...Why would we want him contaminated by a no care anymore Keith just cashing the cheques?Now if Keith shows the old compete juices van cone back..that would be a different story..but if we get the 2017/28 vesion of Keith again,then I do not want HJ within a 100 miles of Keith
..OK ..maybe as far as Rockford will do..but we gotta know if Keith is now albatross or re-inventable first ..So maybe start HJ in Rockford then ring in in by mid-season IF Keith has shown he can be competent again.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
As it stands Rockford is overfilling with D options for next year. Even if they let loose a lot of contract up guys like the vets and Svedberg. If all you keep from this years regulars are Snuggy, Dahlstrom, and Raddish. They've already added Gilbert, Hilman, Tuulola, and then you're talking of HJ as a possibility. With Forsling still potentially there again too. And Robin Norrell is still signed too and that's the options with no vets.

I'm thinking some trade moves with either someone added or for some forward prospect would be likely moved. Sure some of these guys could get boosted up and play as an nhl regular beyond the expected Forsling but even the Hawks set up has 6 nhl signee contacts.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I still do not get it as he was drafted out of the CHL, but if Powers says so, I will take it 100% and much better chance HJ turns pro now...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
As it stands Rockford is overfilling with D options for next year. Even if they let loose a lot of contract up guys like the vets and Svedberg. If all you keep from this years regulars are Snuggy, Dahlstrom, and Raddish. They've already added Gilbert, Hilman, Tuulola, and then you're talking of HJ as a possibility. With Forsling still potentially there again too. And Robin Norrell is still signed too and that's the options with no vets.

I'm thinking some trade moves with either someone added or for some forward prospect would be likely moved. Sure some of these guys could get boosted up and play as an nhl regular beyond the expected Forsling but even the Hawks set up has 6 nhl signee contacts.
some of those names could get some ECHL time, plus as it looks 2 of those kids could be up with the Hawks - Snuggy and HJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->