Not open for further replies.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
New Greetings From Allentown on the Main Event II, aka the Mega-Powers explode

https://soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown/

- Examining the role of both guys in the breakup
- Breaking down the bump Elizabeth took
- Hulk Hogan's atrocious overacting and his disgraceful pinning of Elizabeth's injury on Savage
- Why the ratings for this show were such a disappointment, with a description of what was on ABC at the time since they had 1.5X as many viewers.
- Bloopers, bloopers, and more bloopers!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i'm glad you've kept the Pod on soundcloud...you're really hitting your stride with it...great tangents...loved the perfect strangers and full house themes...lol

Nakamura

May 14, 2017
Listened to jericho's podcast with Bo about conspriacy theories and holy **** :laugh:

if i hadn't seen bo in WWE already i would seriously question how on earth this guy is a wrestler and can actually cut promos. He sounded like he was terrified to discuss them.

I loved that episode. BO legit sounded like he was afraid MIB where going to bust through the door and take him away. Now I want a wwe show or podcast with Bray and Bo talking about conspiracy theories.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
i'm glad you've kept the Pod on soundcloud...you're really hitting your stride with it...great tangents...loved the perfect strangers and full house themes...lol

I paid for a year up to next February so here's hoping they hang in. I like their service. I'm on two feeds and both are SoundCloud so there is a lot at stake.

It did take me a while to figure out how and when to layer sound in.

Last edited:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Two more episodes of Greetings From Allentown in the books.

#27: WWF Mania from March 9, 1996 aka "The Sunny Show" hosted by Sunny. Features Bret Hart vs HHH, HBK vs 1-2-3 Kid, and the RAW debut of (ugh) Justin Hawk Bradshaw.

#28: NWA Pro from May 20, 1989. A celebration of Terry Funk, also with the Great Muta, Dick Murdoch, Eddie Gilbert vs Kevin Sullivan, and Lex Luger being rightfully indignant. Also, vignettes for Brian Pillman and the Dynamic Dudes....Johnny Ace eating pizza. Hilarious.

Next week: The Saturday Night's Main Event from January 1986.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Still chugging along with the podcast every Thursday. I mentioned the Heenan tribute in that thread, but done three more since.

https://soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown

#33 was on WCW Saturday Night from June 20, 1992 which led into the Beach Blast PPV. Covers Cactus Jack, the Bill Watts takeover, Steiners, Greg Valentine's last moment in the sun

#34 was on WWF Halftime Heat, January 1999 with the empty arena match between Rock and Mankind. Chyna/HHH is covered as well as the Owen Hart/Ken Shamrock and how much I liked their 1998 series.

#35 is on WWF Wrestling Challenge, March 12 1989. Savage and Hogan with dueling promos, Akeem, Bad News Brown and much more.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Still chugging along with the podcast every Thursday. I mentioned the Heenan tribute in that thread, but done three more since.

https://soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown

#33 was on WCW Saturday Night from June 20, 1992 which led into the Beach Blast PPV. Covers Cactus Jack, the Bill Watts takeover, Steiners, Greg Valentine's last moment in the sun

#34 was on WWF Halftime Heat, January 1999 with the empty arena match between Rock and Mankind. Chyna/HHH is covered as well as the Owen Hart/Ken Shamrock and how much I liked their 1998 series.

#35 is on WWF Wrestling Challenge, March 12 1989. Savage and Hogan with dueling promos, Akeem, Bad News Brown and much more.

I really enjoyed the recent WCW Saturday Night edition.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007

In the latest episode, I went back to that Perfect Strangers well since that was the title of Shane Douglas' ECW theme, the Deep Purple version. I loved 1998 ECW and this episode is a sort of love letter to that effect.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
On the World Wrasslin Podcast this week, we interviewed Hanson from War Machine. He talked about his early career in wrestling, the reasons why more guys like Neville and Austin Aries are jumping ship, his future WWE plans and comments on WWE's 'Cease and Desist' on the Bucks. He also answers the question everyone is dying to know: 'How many super kicks has he taken from the Young Bucks?" Check it out:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
This may have been before many of you were born, but I did a podcast on WWF Championship Wrestling from December 31, 1983. Truly the end of an era, but before Hogan gets there.

- Bob Backlund loses the WWF title: how the finish came to be, why the Iron Sheik was the right guy, and why there was no recovering from Backlund’s post-match promo
- A tale about Tony Garea’s #1 fan in Boston
- Explaining time-travelling Gene Okerlund and Roddy Piper
- The early exploits of Steve Lombardi
- Comparing Paul Orndorff to…..NBA star Al Horford(?!?)
- Magnificent Muraco cuts a local promo for the ages on Pat Patterson
- How this edition of Victory Corner with Tito Santana might have been improved

Plus:
- Blaming Arnold Skaaland for not having a firm managerial hand with Backlund
- Commenting on Lord Alfred Hayes’ outfit for his formal WWF TV debut
- The power of Samoan headbutts in 1983
- New Year’s resolutions by the wrestlers!

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Sorry, been a while between posts in part because my work now blocked this site and doing this on the phone is more difficult.

Now at one year on the podcast Greetings From Allentown! I thank all of you who listen or even read my musings on here in the classics thread in 2015-2016 or so.

New episode on WCW Main Event from June 30, 1991 when WCW was a total madhouse, thanks to Dusty Rhodes' odd booking. Flair about to be fired and defiant, PN News, Scott Hall as the Diamond Studd, and the first TV title defense for Steve Austin. Plus a profanity laced tirade on a particularly awful series of vignettes.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Posted a new Greetings From Allentown this morning on a rather famous episode of WWF Superstars from 1991: the one where Randy Savage is bit by Jake Roberts' cobra! A breakdown of that, plus Hulk Hogan turns to God before facing the Undertaker, fun Survivor Series team promos, the life and times of Big Bully Busick, the relationship between Elizabeth and Jack Tunney....and much more!

Reactions: Fro

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007

On Greetings From Allentown, this week we go back three decades for a look at the WWF Superstars of Wrestling from October 22, 1988!
- An examination of the attack on Hulk Hogan by the Big Bossman on the Brother Love Show
- The WWF in the fall of 1988: out with the old and in with the new
- Reasons why Haku was a logical choice for “King”
- What kind of wrestler would you want to be: one known for matches or one who is known for everything but the matches?
- The simple argument for why the Brain Busters WERE a good fit in the WWF
- Comparing two Akeems head to head for 1988-89
- Tito Santana runs into a string of bad luck
- Explaining the difference between the Warlord and the Barbarian
- A revelation by Bad News Brown

Plus:
- Running around downtown Nashville like Henry Hill at the end of Goodfellas
- A true tale of hustling drunk guys for money on the golf course at age 7 that ends with a life lesson
- Dan Quayle walks into a trap
- Singing the Hulkamania Prison Blues
- Famous men named Pork Chop
- Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura banter galore!

Reactions: tonyhawks77

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
New Greetings From Allentown covering WWWF from October 29, 1977! The race for Manager of the Year heats up as the Grand Wizard makes his case, the rise of Backlund, Dusty in WWWF, theorizing on how Strongbow and Billy White Wolf split, and thoughts on the music of 1977!

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
New Greetings From Allentown podcast on the pilot episode of the original G.L.O.W. from 1986, in honor of the Netflix show release of season two tomorrow

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have to get to Glow somehow, still haven’t been able to do season 1

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
New Greetings From Allentown covering Mid Atlantic Wrestling from Nov. 1981!

The promoter looks to attract more stars, the two Bob Caudles, Roddy Piper feuding with Ricky Steamboat, young Jake Roberts, figuring out Jimmy Valiant, plus making ribs and thoughts on a Police song from the time period.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
New Greetings From Allentown covering Mid Atlantic Wrestling from Nov. 1981!

The promoter looks to attract more stars, the two Bob Caudles, Roddy Piper feuding with Ricky Steamboat, young Jake Roberts, figuring out Jimmy Valiant, plus making ribs and thoughts on a Police song from the time period.

Nice stuff, Mid Atlantic was consistently interesting in the 1980s. When it existed anyway.

Reactions: bruins309

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
A new Greetings From Allentown (episode 73) on WWF All American Wrestling from 02-23-1986!

This is a loaded show: The Funks reunite, Savage wins the IC title, Hogan confronts Piper and Orton, the diminishing Mr. T, plus improving Lanny Poffo, memories of thumb wrestling, and peaceful revolution in the Philippines!

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
New Greetings From Allentown podcast (episode 74!) on WCW Pro on WGN Chicago from March 9, 1991! El Gigante goes on a date with Missy Hyatt, bad hair everywhere, negative tag title reigns, Jack Brickhouse, Chicago baseball, the mysterious move of the Southern Boys to Wyoming, and much more! Like how Jim Herd did Ric Flair a huge favor by firing him later that year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->