All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Probably an old story, but I did enjoy this Austin tidbit from the 1996 Royal Rumble. Austin was still using the Ringmaster gimmick and was supposed to be one the final four in the Rumble. During the match, he was wrestling against Fatu (aka Rikishi) who he described as covered in baby oil. They tried to do a spot where Fatu threw Austin over the top but Austin hangs on and comes back in under the bottom rope.

But Austin's hands were too greased up and he lost his grip, causing an unplanned early elimination. He says he tried to stay in character but tried to signal to HBK what had happened since they needed to audible the end. I'm probably gonna watch that part on the Network tonight.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Started recording on episode 5 today. I'll give you a hint as to what it is: someone gets thrown through a window....

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
https://m.soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown/episode-5-wrestling-challenge-01-12-1992

Episode 5 is up, on a January 1992 ep of Wrestling Challenge

- Rockers breakup being legendary on two levels, and what a friend of mine in college did years later to commemorate the incident.

- Promo city in this one : Hear why the Warlord never talked, and a fantastic Jake Roberts promo incorporating lyrics from a very popular song of the time.

- Berzerker as a Monty Python character

- Undertaker year one in WWF being incredible

- background on jobber The Black Knight

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Episode 6 of Greetings From Allentown is now up, on the NWA Power Hour from Aug 18, 1989

https://soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown/6-nwa-power-hour-08-18-1989

- Sting: Not a draw in the Hogan/Flair sense, but also a draw in a different way
- The tangled web of guys named the Cuban Assassin
- Dispelling the narrative that Ric Flair was somehow the least selfish guy ever
- Crazy heel Terry Funk has a hilarious message for the children at home
- My favorite Tommy Rich moment ever (hint: it has to do with a flag)
- The four great runs of Lex Luger, which were all in WCW and why the 1989 heel Luger was likely the best of the bunch

Oct 18, 2011
E and C podcast has potential. Thought there was some really funny ****.

Also it's uncensored definitely geared to an older audience

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Episode 7 of Greetings from Allentown is up, and feel the magic of the WWF in 1982.

https://soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown/7-wwf-championship-wrestling-09-25-1982

- Detailing the sale of the WWF from Vince Sr. to Vince Jr. which was ongoing at the time
- Bob Backlund sees his world title get destroyed and expresses dismay in a very peculiar way. Meanwhile, Superstar Graham has a hell of a time trying to destroy the belt itself.
- Gorilla Monsoon literally burying someone in a newspaper column and the hilarious aftermath
- Three things about Salvatore Bellomo
- Andre the Giant: did he do too many clean jobs as an actor?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jim Ross has Dave Meltzer on his podcast dropping at 9pm tonight

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
https://m.soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown/10-wwf-action-zone-11-27-1994

Remember when Vince McMahon did commentary with Todd Pettengill? No? Well, he did...and boy, was it something.

- Vince getting none of Todd's pop culture stuff.
Also:
- Bob Backlund wins and loses the title in a single update, and what he thought about all that
- The wonder that is Owen Hart 1994.
- Why is there a "celebrity" guest ring announcer on Action Zone and why are they trying to set her up with Razor Ramon?
- Fun facts about King Kong Bundy!

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Was watching an older Podcast with Batista on Jericho's show and he said the main reason he left was because of the PG direction and the strange fans.:laugh:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
New episode was out yesterday, lucky #13 on WWF Shotgun Saturday Night from 03-15-2017

- Brian Pillman brings his unique perspective to commentary
- Proper use of Furnas and Lafon wasn't too difficult to figure out
- The start of the HHH rise
- Bret Hart can see through time
- Hector Garza's bizarre injury in WCW and also his deportation in 2005
- Following wrestling without cable TV in 1997-98
- A ton of info about ring announcer Lance Wright

https://soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown/

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Jericho just did a podcast with Jinder Mahal.

He was actually trained by a few guys including Bad News. He also talked about booking shows in India out of all places and getting 40,000 fans to the events. He also gives an idea of exactly how big Khali is in that nation.

I found it interesting.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Episode 15 was out yesterday of Greetings From Allentown on June 1989 WWF, which I had mentioned in the Classics thread that I had been watching.

- Dusty Rhodes delivering pizza
- My experience seeing No Holds Barred in the theater
- Hulk Hogan's delusions
- Touching on the Bobby Heenan Show and its last episode that aired
- Bret Hart is a single again, but is very confused about the name of the belt he's chasing after
- Sean Mooney channels Stephen Stills during what had to be a long day in the Event center
- Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura getting very feisty on commentary, with Vince ripping on Jesse's ring work when he wrestled.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Up to 20 episodes of Greetings From Allentown now, here are the ones I've done since the last post here.

Ep 17: WWF Nov. 1985 - Elizabeth as you've never heard her before, dissing Hulk Hogan! Meanwhile, Hogan has different music, from The Wrestling Album. Hillbillies, the Bulldogs and more.
Ep 18: WCW Main Event Dec. 1990 - My love for Sid, Bobby Eaton and Vader as neighbors, Jim Ross gets sick of Missy Hyatt, and the York Foundation music.
Ep. 19: WWF Superstars Nov. 1991 - The Funeral Parlor with Hogan, and Flair crashes the scene, Repo Man and the legality of his work, Greg Valentine/MC Hammer connected?, and more.
Ep. 20: WWF Challenge July 1993 - The Yokozuna bodyslam challenge in detail, Johnny Polo, the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church re: Friar Ferguson, and Owen Hart's hair.

And a bonus show on the first 1987 appearances of Ted DiBiase in the WWF. It wasn't what you might think....

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
https://soundcloud.com/greetingsfromallentown/24-wwf-superstars-of-wrestling-06-18-1988

Just released a podcast on the June 18, 1988 episode of Superstars.

- A look at the Hogan-less WWF of mid-1988, which also lacked Gene Okerlund leading to some forgotten broadcast teams
- Harley Race is just severely injured and not dead despite all appearances to the contrary
- The best in-ring work Superstar Billy Graham did in his WWF run: selling a figure four leglock
- The debut of the Big Bossman and how he is like David Ortiz
- Underage Louie Spicolli as spectacular enhancement worker
- The Rockers debut and are talked about as being in the tag title picture instantly
- Bret Hart continues his face turn by sending Jimmy Hart to get his shinebox once again
- The beautiful subtlety of the Rougeau Brothers heel turn
- Tough times for the Heenan Family in mid-88 as the Brain cuts a promo nearly in tears
- Sean Mooney can’t stop yelling and kind of spoils an upcoming angle
- Bam Bam Bigelow is all over the place in 1988

Also:
- A commercial for WWF fundraiser cards of the era
- A look at some C and D-level WWF show cards
- The weirdness of Steve Lombardi plugging the Superstar Ice Cream bars
- Why the first SummerSlam was scheduled for a Monday night
- Personal and financial regrets about hating the Mine doll in ’88.
- How to wake up Dave Meltzer at a long TV taping

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Listened to jericho's podcast with Bo about conspriacy theories and holy **** :laugh:

if i hadn't seen bo in WWE already i would seriously question how on earth this guy is a wrestler and can actually cut promos. He sounded like he was terrified to discuss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad