All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I was hoping there was a more fun story behind Becky signing in NXT, but it was going to a tryout after being on the shelf for 7 years. Should be a good book though when she writes it.
Yeah, it's really an uneventful part of her story lol.

Becky's is a fun career. She was (kinda) a known name before her retirement, and basically turned into a 'whatever happened to..?' question. Then she randomly shows up on NXT one day, which was awesome.

And yeah, a book from her will be nice when all is said and done.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Guys, you're not going to believe this but the guest today on the Steve Austin Show is Ted Fowler.

(Seriously, like 90% of the shows are that guy. No wonder why I can't listen anymore.)

Serious question: Which podcast concept do you think is better?

A: Talk about one year in the career of a wrestler, i.e. Shawn Michaels in 1997 only

or

B: Review and discussion of any old wrestling TV show that is on YouTube. Could be WWF, WCW, Mid-South, Memphis...anywhere.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

A: Talk about one year in the career of a wrestler, i.e. Shawn Michaels in 1997 only

or

B: Review and discussion of any old wrestling TV show that is on YouTube. Could be WWF, WCW, Mid-South, Memphis...anywhere.

There's more content to work with in Option B, but there's a lot more room for deeper discussion with Option A.

I'd choose option A because I think it would be more interesting to listen to, but both could be entertaining.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I have been pondering the two different podcast ideas from the post above....the review of a random TV vs talking about a wrestler from a given year. I can't quite figure out a proper way to make it work.

Though if I did a pilot for the "year" one I would probably do Randy Savage 1987 because there is so much to discuss. But I have much to learn about podcast production and so forth. I really don't know much about it.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I have been pondering the two different podcast ideas from the post above....the review of a random TV vs talking about a wrestler from a given year. I can't quite figure out a proper way to make it work.

Though if I did a pilot for the "year" one I would probably do Randy Savage 1987 because there is so much to discuss. But I have much to learn about podcast production and so forth. I really don't know much about it.

Podcast production isn't hard. My friend and I have been doing one for two years now. All you need ar ea couple mics, software (we use GarageBand on Mac and Audacity on PC) and some time. Then you can upload it to easy sites like Soundcloud or get a domain and start an RSS feed for iTunes.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Podcast production isn't hard. My friend and I have been doing one for two years now. All you need ar ea couple mics, software (we use GarageBand on Mac and Audacity on PC) and some time. Then you can upload it to easy sites like Soundcloud or get a domain and start an RSS feed for iTunes.

Thanks for the tips, I have Audicity but need to get a mic off Amazon. Is there one you recommend?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You hear that HFWF?

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
You hear that HFWF?

I remember the focus many moons ago was a "current product" show. I just couldn't do that at this point as it makes me crazy. Like, I will break stuff if I have to watch and discuss stuff like the post Mania RAW crowd.

YouTube is full of so much stuff that is begging to be seen and talked about.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean it could be multiple segments. If one hosts it, we could have a segment of old school wrestling with bruins309. Best friends segment. Segment with ColePens and his thoughts. Segment with GKJ and his thoughts.

The cool thing is, we have so many unique individuals here, we can all throw perspective and keep it fresh as opposed to what you see all over youtube and that is basically one or two guys talking about wrestling.

And obviously the art is to have good opinions, open one another up for counter points, and for ****'s sake.. DO NOT TALK OVER ONE ANOTHER. :laugh: Jesus I hate that.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They were on for literally 10 minutes in the middle and left, the rest of the podcast was pretty awful. I like Lance Storm but holy hell that was boring.
It's better when they've got something to talk about after a show, mostly 'cos Lance is talking and he's really good at that. I miss his show with Alvarez.

It kinda sucks that they have a lot of ECW stuff on the show, even if it makes sense with who they are and who they know. I just have no nostalgia for it or any interest to look back at it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I remember the focus many moons ago was a "current product" show. I just couldn't do that at this point as it makes me crazy. Like, I will break stuff if I have to watch and discuss stuff like the post Mania RAW crowd.

YouTube is full of so much stuff that is begging to be seen and talked about.

You can be our Vinny. Every week when reviewing Raw you chime in about how you hate your life for watching this show like he does. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lance Storm's issue is that his show covers what happened more than a week prior to its airing. I definitely respect the guy's perspective, but this is 2017, attention spans are very short and people only want to hear about what happened 20 minutes ago and what's going to happen 20 minutes from now.

Production quality is a huge thing too when it comes to these daily/weekly shows. It's basically why I can only listen to LAW, F4W/WOR, and WhatCulture as opposed to some of these youtubers who have muffled sound or over-produced content.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Guys, you're not going to believe this but the guest today on the Steve Austin Show is Ted Fowler.

(Seriously, like 90% of the shows are that guy. No wonder why I can't listen anymore.)

or

Both ideas are good, with the first being particularly interesting provided you can get access to the necessary video. Something like Bret Hart 1997 would be great. In some instances it may be better to select a period of one year that isn't necessarily a calendar year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can be our Vinny. Every week when reviewing Raw you chime in about how you hate your life for watching this show like he does. :laugh:

OK, who wants to be the one who watches TNA every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad