All Purpose PK Subban Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Thank You! He's not a terrible player, but he like everyone is not perfect.

Just because he's better than Weber in almost every way doesn't mean people saying he's perfect. When he over extends himself to try to create offense, he makes the occasional dumb mistake. He takes some dumb penalties.

No one is perfect, don't understand the need for these exaggerations/extreme if terrible/perfect. Why is it wrong to praise a potential Norris candidate esque season. He always carries play into playoffs unlike some players.

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Of course he isn't perfect. Not even close. But his rewards tip the scales in favor of.. And it isn't close

anofsti

May 14, 2011
people are so ultra sensitive about anything and i mean anything that could even possibly be interpreted as something not crediting subban as being the greatest player in the league. if you guys would just back off you wouldn't have people that resent the ultra defense mode and people wouldn't have to defend him near as much. it's truly irritating.
It is pretty funny riling up his detractors though.

But to contribute, I think his whole package is the best thing to happen to hockey in a long while, and I don't even think he is the best defender of his generation (that award would go to greasy Karlsson). But his skill, combined with his personality and philanthropy does qualify him for it. It might be because I come from a place where hockey isn't that big of a sport, but having someone likable to be the face of the sport is very important for the interest in it. Zuccarello has done that for Norway, Subban is doing that for many around the world. Half the posters in this thread wouldn't be on the Nashville boards if it weren't for PK.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
This is a great circle of content on this thread.
Subban plays badly --> slammed by some of his haters --> defended by Subban fans --> Subban plays great --> 'he's the best D in the world' --> Subban plays badly
The occasional locker room cancer comment will be present.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
My friend will be there so we'll see what reaction he gets

I feel like if you're wearing Preds gear in Montreal tomorrow you might be drinking for free.

Only if it's a Subban jersey

:sarcasm:

Some years ago, no one would care about Nashville coming in town. Those nights would often be the least crowded and probably the most boring games in all matchups. It changed since that trade. Even more now that Subban is still playing great when most of his detractors said he wouldn't be able to keep it up in the West (or even to score goals). People in Montreal would probably like to trade half our current team so we could have Subban back..

... but still a lot are glad that he's gone.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Two years ago who could have predicted MTL / NSH as the hot new rivalry ;-)

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Interesting that PK was essentially put on island in MTL, and here on this board, he gets his own island too.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
It was dumb of the reporters to keep asking Gallagher about Subban.

It was dumb of Gallagher for playing into their hands. He could have just said he wasn't talking about PK, but no, he had to try make it about PK, but instead made it about Gallagher.

But regarding what Gallagher said:
What exactly is PK supposed to do? Seemingly every media person in Toronto and Montreal swarm him when he sets foot in Canada and shove microphones and cameras in his face. They clamour for an interview or soundbite. If he refuses the interviews, he's too good for the media or he's a diva. If he does the interviews he's an attention seeker.

It's not PK's fault that the second the puck was dropped the entire arena was chanting a visiting players name.

It's not PK's fault that his teammates chose to let him skate a lap by himself so the fans could cheer him.

I guess he could have gone to the children's hospital by himself, like he did when he played for Montreal. But then if cameras followed just him, then it's all about PK. Sorry he has teammates that support him and things he does.

And to the reporter that threw in the jab on the celebration thing: Was he the only player that played like shit that was celebrating? No? Then shut the hell up. Quit pushing a stupid, false narrative. :shakehead

Tempfan99

Apr 16, 2017
Montreal
Holy **** does PK drive people absolutely crazy or what? Try reading the Hans board if you want to see what legit unhinged looks like. J.F.C
Yeah its pretty deep and i think it will last untill the end of his carrier. Lot of hockey fans either hate him because of his bubbly personnality or love him. In the public i'd say 60% of fans is pro-subban in mtl and in the media its probly 80% anti-subban. Hockey commentators and ''expert'' are pretty bad. Ull hear comments like ''pk might be more spectacular but 9/10 of the times it doesnt work.'' Or they will feed rumors like saying hes a cancer in the preds locker room or say hes the 4th defenceman in nashville, things like that. They just cant be objective. But people that love pk cant be objective either.

I pretty much stopped following the habs since the trade after watching them all my life. Started following every preds game since and also follow this board.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Yeah its pretty deep and i think it will last untill the end of his carrier. Lot of hockey fans either hate him because of his bubbly personnality or love him. In the public i'd say 60% of fans is pro-subban in mtl and in the media its probly 80% anti-subban. Hockey commentators and ''expert'' are pretty bad. Ull hear comments like ''pk might be more spectacular but 9/10 of the times it doesnt work.'' Or they will feed rumors like saying hes a cancer in the preds locker room or say hes the 4th defenceman in nashville, things like that. They just cant be objective. But people that love pk cant be objective either.

I pretty much stopped following the habs since the trade after watching them all my life. Started following every preds game since and also follow this board.
Well welcome aboard mate! We are happy to garner more fans and expand the Smashville city limits!

Reactions: Tempfan99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad