All-Purpose Pics/Gifs/Videos Thread [PLEASE USE COLLAPSE TAGS; RULES IN OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
Yeah attitude era was better but now everyone is offended easily due to everything having to be politically correct [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
he ded

5061a559ee.gif

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
PG is not the problem

It depends on what entertains you. For me, I am not entertained by 2017 WWE in any way shape or form. Why? I am not sure. Maybe it has to do with the product being intended for children? I enjoy WWF, WCW, ECW. I enjoy Stone Cold flipping off his opponent before he delivers the stunner and chugging post victory beers with Earl Hebner. I do not enjoy John Cena telling me that I should do my part to help end world hunger. I refuse to spend one minute of my time, one ounce of sweat, or one red cent on anything to do with what the WWE is today. It does not entertain me nor does it interest me at all. So, thank goodness for youtube and old footage of the classics.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It depends on what entertains you. For me, I am not entertained by 2017 WWE in any way shape or form. Why? I am not sure. Maybe it has to do with the product being intended for children? I enjoy WWF, WCW, ECW. I enjoy Stone Cold flipping off his opponent before he delivers the stunner and chugging post victory beers with Earl Hebner. I do not enjoy John Cena telling me that I should do my part to help end world hunger. I refuse to spend one minute of my time, one ounce of sweat, or one red cent on anything to do with what the WWE is today. It does not entertain me nor does it interest me at all. So, thank goodness for youtube and old footage of the classics.

Give this a watch when you get 10 free minutes.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I always find people complaining about it not being the 90s anymore funny.

If you actually were around in the late 90s, then you're probably older than 30 now, or a bit younger. You should be able to understand why things are the way they are, and why things won't be the way they were. You should also be able to understand that bad writing is bad writing no matter how you dress it up.

You should also be able to find something else to entertain you. If you want to watch wrestling, it's trivial to find something that isn't WWE. It's also trivial to find something that has your desired age ratting too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The rating of the show doesn't matter. It'll always come down to writing. Always. 2002-2003 Smackdown is possibly my favourite show ever because it had great wrestling and consistently solid writing until Stephanie ousted Heyman.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
But it should be pointed out that Smackdown improved the most when Road Dogg was given the head producer roll on it. Ward improved the writing, but the show was already good before he got there. Vince is still the booker.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
But it should be pointed out that Smackdown improved the most when Road Dogg was given the head producer roll on it. Ward improved the writing, but the show was already good before he got there. Vince is still the booker.

A former writer says Vince is not in control of Smackdown, which is obvious to see considering the quality discrepancy between the two main shows despite one having a much better roster on paper.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Stephanie was actually real in the UpUpDownDown video that went up today and is a total sweetheart (unsurprisingly). I think I want to see her as a babyface now since her heel character is so bad if she must be on TV. :laugh:

"I dared a girl to punch me in the face."
"Uhhh, may I ask why?"
"Because I was stupid. I think it runs in my family."

lirl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->