All-Purpose Pics/Gifs/Videos Thread [PLEASE USE COLLAPSE TAGS; RULES IN OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
To me, it looked like Charlotte totally sandbagged that spot in the corner with the tree of woe.

Its almost like you can count on one Charlotte screw up or dangerous move a match.

She's a good performer, but there are moments, where she's just really sloppy.

It was weird watching Bayley and Sasha last night. In NXT they had great chemistry, but it wasn't really apparent in last nights matchup.

Yes, the booking is bad, but Bayley hasn't been able to transmit her likability to the main roster very well, and their post game after Fastlane almost made them the heels in this feud.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Did she legit get stuck?
She was.

Her right leg was over the top rope and back on the inside of the ring, hooking her foot on the second rope. So when she fall backward she couldn't unhook. She was in a legit tree of woe.

How you are meant to do it is you hook your feet on a turn buckle, so when you fall back you can still bend your knee to unhook. The way she was she couldn't bend her knee anymore as it was already fully bent.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
She was.

Her right leg was over the top rope and back on the inside of the ring, hooking her foot on the second rope. So when she fall backward she couldn't unhook. She was in a legit tree of woe.

How you are meant to do it is you hook your feet on a turn buckle, so when you fall back you can still bend your knee to unhook. The way she was she couldn't bend her knee anymore as it was already fully bent.

Her left leg was just dangling over the top turnbuckle so while her positioning may have prevented her from unhooking and falling, it wouldn't prevent her from sitting up to take the elbow drop. She sandbagged Bayley on the spot but Bayley should've placed Charlotte better.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Her left leg was just dangling over the top turnbuckle so while her positioning may have prevented her from unhooking and falling, it wouldn't prevent her from sitting up to take the elbow drop. She sandbagged Bayley on the spot but Bayley should've placed Charlotte better.
I've gone back to watch the entire spot, not just the gif, to see how it all went wrong (2h37m30).

Charlotte flips up the corner and into position. She fails to hook correctly (left leg free, right leg under the rope), and Bayley keeps going with the spot pushing her down.

Charlotte then grabs the rope to try and free herself as her entire weight is currently on her right knee. There's no way she could pull her self up as she has no anchor points to pull against, she's have to pull her entire body up with just one leg and that's not really possible. Even if she has the strength to do it, she'd just turn sideways into the ropes anyway due no second point to steady her self with (unlike Neville, gravity remembers Charlotte!). Maybe she could use an arm to steady herself, but it's not going to help with the actual lifting part. I think it's very unreasonable to expect Charlotte to pull herself at this point.

While trying to free herself, Bayley then comes in and beats her down to buy time. But Charlotte isn't able to free herself during it as she's legit stuck, and Bayley goes for the spot anyway.

I put the fault on Charlotte as it's her job to hook herself correctly in a spot like that. Bayley doesn't place her incorrectly or anything, Charlotte flips herself up there and positions herself without Bayley doing anything. But once she is stuck, the fault is on Bayley for going for the spot anyway (maybe she didn't realise that Charlotte was legit trapped).

I think the best solution would been for them to fight for a ref break, Bayley just hitting charlotte in the corner before the ref comes in to break it up and and free Charlotte.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I've gone back to watch the entire spot, not just the gif, to see how it all went wrong (2h37m30).

Charlotte flips up the corner and into position. She fails to hook correctly (left leg free, right leg under the rope), and Bayley keeps going with the spot pushing her down.

Charlotte then grabs the rope to try and free herself as her entire weight is currently on her right knee. There's no way she could pull her self up as she has no anchor points to pull against, she's have to pull her entire body up with just one leg and that's not really possible. Even if she has the strength to do it, she'd just turn sideways into the ropes anyway due no second point to steady her self with (unlike Neville, gravity remembers Charlotte!). Maybe she could use an arm to steady herself, but it's not going to help with the actual lifting part. I think it's very unreasonable to expect Charlotte to pull herself at this point.

While trying to free herself, Bayley then comes in and beats her down to buy time. But Charlotte isn't able to free herself during it as she's legit stuck, and Bayley goes for the spot anyway.

I put the fault on Charlotte as it's her job to hook herself correctly in a spot like that. Bayley doesn't place her incorrectly or anything, Charlotte flips herself up there and positions herself without Bayley doing anything. But once she is stuck, the fault is on Bayley for going for the spot anyway (maybe she didn't realise that Charlotte was legit trapped).

I think the best solution would been for them to fight for a ref break, Bayley just hitting charlotte in the corner before the ref comes in to break it up and and free Charlotte.

She was able to pull herself up to try and correct the issue. If she could do that, she could pull herself up enough to take the elbow drop. And while Bayley didn't physically put her body there, she could've still gone in there and hooked her properly to get her set up for the spot.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
She was able to pull herself up to try and correct the issue. If she could do that, she could pull herself up enough to take the elbow drop. And while Bayley didn't physically put her body there, she could've still gone in there and hooked her properly to get her set up for the spot.
She pulled herself onto the ropes, not up. Bayley does the spring board with her right leg, so she would be out of position anyway if she did that again. Charlotte was suck, there was no way she would have been able to get into position to take the elbow. The spot should have been abandoned, not continued.

And it's Charlotte job to hook herself. When you going into a tree of woe position, it is your own responsibility to hook your self there. This is so you have complete control over your positioning so you can safely release in your own controlled way. If you leave the hooking up to the opponent then you won't be as comfortable with it, and there'll be a lot of needlessly added risk because of that. It's a spot where different body shapes and sizes play into your positioning, and person taking the move is obviously going to be the one to know how to do it correctly for them.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
She pulled herself onto the ropes, not up. Bayley does the spring board with her right leg, so she would be out of position anyway if she did that again. Charlotte was suck, there was no way she would have been able to get into position to take the elbow. The spot should have been abandoned, not continued.

And it's Charlotte job to hook herself. When you going into a tree of woe position, it is your own responsibility to hook your self there. This is so you have complete control over your positioning so you can safely release in your own controlled way. If you leave the hooking up to the opponent then you won't be as comfortable with it, and there'll be a lot of needlessly added risk because of that. It's a spot where different body shapes and sizes play into your positioning, and person taking the move is obviously going to be the one to know how to do it correctly for them.

And I'm saying she could have pulled herself up if she wanted to. She just couldn't fall off the turnbuckle how she would want to. In my eyes, that's sandbagging the spot because of her concern for her leg. She could've taken the elbow and stayed hooked with her issue and been fine. They certainly could've audibled out of the spot and that would've been fine but she could've went through with it and been fine.

And while Charlotte can hook herself, that can be done by the opponent too if you trust them. Or if you're having issues, call them in and fix it for you as best they can. They can talk during that spot if Bayley is in there either working her over a bit or just fixing her legs to get her really tied in there as the sell.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You won't change my mind on it by repeating yourself. As far as I can see, Charlotte cannot mechanically get into position to do the spot.

Charlotte should hook herself (it's her job), but if she does have problems it should have been communicated and then they adjust. That didn't happen for whatever reason and we saw what we saw.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You won't change my mind on it by repeating yourself. As far as I can see, Charlotte cannot mechanically get into position to do the spot.

Charlotte should hook herself (it's her job), but if she does have problems it should have been communicated and then they adjust. That didn't happen for whatever reason and we saw what we saw.

It's fine that I won't change your mind on it but you're simply wrong that she couldn't mechanically get into the position needed for the spot to go through. It was literally a matter of her just going upright instead of trying to grab the ropes. She showed she was able to get up to a point where she could take the elbow. She simply didn't.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They seemed to try and do the wrestling gimmick of trying to get unstuck without breaking kayfabe, but Bayley in the end had to just help unhook her.

She was legit stuck

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So I was trying to search google for Bayley's twitter and for some reason one of the results was a twitter account for her ass. :laugh: I had to check what it was like, in case it was a proper parody page or something (which it wasnt) and spent way too much time loking at the gifs. :laugh: :blush:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
44D1o4T.jpg

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Austin did have Cole asking him stupid questions in the back.

Yes but the responses were unscripted hilarity in most cases. You don't see talents bullying the interviewers much anymore and even when they do, you can tell they go soft on them. lol

A lot of WWE's problems is in how they present the product. Everyone knows this. It's overproduced from the script to the staging, to the pyros, to the tron, to the announcers, and all that. They'd do wonders if they just scaled back on the staging and the tron, imo.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Yes but the responses were unscripted hilarity in most cases. You don't see talents bullying the interviewers much anymore and even when they do, you can tell they go soft on them. lol

A lot of WWE's problems is in how they present the product. Everyone knows this. It's overproduced from the script to the staging, to the pyros, to the tron, to the announcers, and all that. They'd do wonders if they just scaled back on the staging and the tron, imo.

Cena's product is intended for children.

Austin's product was intended for adults.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Cena's product is intended for children.

Austin's product was intended for adults.

Yep. I loved the Attitude Era when I was in high school/college. I now have 3 and 6 year olds. Not a chance I'd let them watch Austin flicking the bird non-stop on TV. Different time...different company direction.

Now...I'll admit the writing is still crap and the announcers are even worse....

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yes, this has been beaten to death. PG is not the problem, bad writing is the problem. Modern era WWE has shown they can build incredible storylines that transcends any of the eras (ie. Daniel Bryan) but the writing is too terrible for it to happen consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad