Indy: All-Purpose non-WWE Wrestling Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So, does Omega win?

If he does, he'll be the only the 5th title holder in over half a decade...

You have to think he does. He's basically Jinder really. It'll be interesting to see how it all goes. Lots of parts can move a quite a bit right now, especially when they're lining up everything for the G1. And there's room to move some guys up the card too. Hard to really know where anything is going yet.

There are some great matches that Omega should have with the title, but who does it drop it to? And when? The big question is, as always, is if he leaving for WWE. As that really changes your time line. Might have to rush some things if he is gone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd assume that if Omega wins, and he should win, then the third match would presumably be back at the Tokyo Dome. And at that time, I'm sure things will depend on whether or not Omega re-signs.

He could also drop it to Naito.

Other than that, don't know. I don't think Tanahashi would get it. They'd need to build up 1 or 2 other guys.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So, does Omega win?

If he does, he'll be the only the 5th title holder in over half a decade...

You have to think he does. He's basically Jinder really. It'll be interesting to see how it all goes. Lots of parts can move a quite a bit right now, especially when they're lining up everything for the G1. And there's room to move some guys up the card too. Hard to really know where anything is going yet.

There are some great matches that Omega should have with the title, but who does it drop it to? And when? The big question is, as always, is if he leaving for WWE. As that really changes your time line. Might have to rush some things if he is gone.

How dare you.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I will be fine if Okada continues his epic run.
It will only make the time when he drops the title that much bigger.

Gredo has shown that he has long-term plans in mind...
So I am sure he will milk this run for as long as possible.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I just realized that Ishii is basically a boulder that somehow became sentient.

Jokes aside...
I watched the Ishii-Omega match...
And while it was not as good as I imagined...
It was still decent...
And I give it 4 stars.

Ishii rarely has a bad match.
He is probably the most underrated wrestler on the plant...
And I would love to see him get a IWGP title run.
The man deserves it.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
for montreal fans;

the young bucks just appeared on video a IWS unFNsancioned and challenged Le Tabranack the team for the titles....... :-o

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
NJPW have announced the matches for the BoSJ tournament, Link.

And more matches set for Dominion:

Okada vs Omega - IWGP Championship
Naito vs Tanahashi - Intercontinental Championship
Suzuki vs Goto - NEVER Championship - Lumberjack match
War Machine vs Guerrillas Of Destiny - Tag Team Championship
Roppongi Vice vs The Young Bucks - Junior Tag Team Championship
Elgin vs Cody

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lumberjack match?

How often does that happen in Japan?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Lumberjack match?

How often does that happen in Japan?
They're really really rare, same with all gimmick matches. I remember Tanahashi having one with Bálor a while ago, but I'm not sure if there has been one since.

But lumberjack matches work well in NJPW as you have most guys being part of the big factions, and each guy gets to bring their own lumberjacks to make it fair. Suzuki-gun doing all the interference sets it up logically too.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Marty Scurll has joined the Bullet Club.
It seems that Party Marty has replaced Cole... That has to spell NXT now.

NJPW have announced an IWGP United States title, with the champion being crowned on the US shows after a tournament of some sort. It's like they're copying WWE with the UK title lol. If only WWE would copy the booking back... But it makes sense to do if they're planning a true expansion, so long as there is follow up with it and it's not just left hanging it'll be good.

But I don't like it being a US title when it'll probably be a regional one. It's always silly to me that Canada is an afterthought to it all. Better to call it the North American title. It's a bit wonky with the UK title too, with Ireland being involved.

Ospreay apparently had a great match with Jay White.

This RoH show sounds like it's one I should find a VOD for the weekend.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It seems that Party Marty has replaced Cole... That has to spell NXT now.

NJPW have announced an IWGP United States title, with the champion being crowned on the US shows after a tournament of some sort. It's like they're copying WWE with the UK title lol. If only WWE would copy the booking back... But it makes sense to do if they're planning a true expansion, so long as there is follow up with it and it's not just left hanging it'll be good.

But I don't like it being a US title when it'll probably be a regional one. It's always silly to me that Canada is an afterthought to it all. Better to call it the North American title. It's a bit wonky with the UK title too, with Ireland being involved.

Ospreay apparently had a great match with Jay White.

This RoH show sounds like it's one I should find a VOD for the weekend.

Yes, was watching the show. Cole lost to Tanahashi, and was getting a curtain call when the Young Bucks came out. Then the arena went dark and Kenny Omega was on the screen, actually brought up when Cole tried to fire the Young Bucks two months ago. Said something like "every fairytale has a hero, and it has a villain" and turned and Marty Scurll was there with the mask on. Arena was still dark, but when it came on, Scurll was there with a Bullet Club umbrella. Double superkick to Cole. Another guy in and out in less than a year.

It's left open in case Cole hasn't left quite yet, but if he's booted from the Bullet Club, then he isn't going to NJPW either in Japan or in California, he's definitely coming to WWE. Cole/Omega was something they've talked about doing. I guess it depends on if Cole signed yet or not, they don't have to do the match at all since they didn't do it with AJ Styles. Cole worked this show without a contract as well. He still has a PWG date next Friday, so we'll see if he's in Chicago on Saturday.

Cody Rhodes must not have signed with ROH, because I was pretty sure he was going to win the title tonight if he had. Triple threat involving Daniels/Cody/Jay Lethal. Finish looked like it was coming down to a dirty finish with a low blow into the Cross Rhodes on Lethal, with Daniels put through a table. Cody had the figure 4 on Jay Lethal when Daniels came back in to hit the best moonsault ever on Cody and pinned him with Lethal still in the hold.

It was a good match, but Cody is still missing that one big awesome match that would really put him up on that pedestal.

Also, can't say that Naito didn't bring it tonight for an ROH PPV, when he wouldn't have had to do much to get over.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Went to ROH tonight, whole card, outside of the main event rocked.Cody Rhodes is the most mediocre wrestler on the planet, if he had any other name no one would care, and even with his name no one cared.

Felt bad for Daniels and Lethal, terrible ordering of the card to send your main event out there after you did the huge spot of Cole leaving and Scrull joining with Kenny on the big screen.

I can't wait to see the NJPW California shows, every wrestler from New Japan was treated like a huge star tonight, it was a pro Bucks crowd and the love Naito got was amazing, should have ended the show with that tag match.

Very predictable show, but very enjoyable for me who went to see the New Japan guys.

Jay White/Will Ospreay was match of the night, can't wait to see Jay back in New Japan, love that guy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cody just seems like he's doing things to do them. If he's part of the Bullet Club, why does no one ever associate with him?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Interesting decision for Adam Cole coming up. Everything with last night feels like he's NXT/WWE bound...but staying on for a war with Omega and Bullet Club would make for some great storylines (although Cole delivers best in a heel role...he's mentioned this storyline on Sam Roberts podcast as something he'd enjoy doing). Cole is really into the storyline side of the business...I could see him taking advantage of the potential of him leaving to stay and deliver a big time feud with Omega/Young Bucks/Scurll/Cody.

Or he goes right into the main scene of NXT and starts on his path to the WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Omega has so many ready made programs in the WWE when he makes the jump if they actually play up and reference the history.

Omega/Nakamura
Omega/Cole

And the big one, imo, of Omega/Styles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Omega/Balor.

Omega/anybody who used to be in Bullet Club. Problem is they'll never be able to use the name. God knows how many people it'll be by that point.

From the standpoint of the faction though, with Cole leaving and Omega having flirted with leaving, they need someone in there who can take over the mantle from Omega if/when he leaves. Marty Scurll likely isn't going anywhere any time soon, and he's in position to be the top star on the indy scene.

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
C_rYwcTXoAAE8Iy.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Omega/Balor.

Omega/anybody who used to be in Bullet Club. Problem is they'll never be able to use the name. God knows how many people it'll be by that point.

From the standpoint of the faction though, with Cole leaving and Omega having flirted with leaving, they need someone in there who can take over the mantle from Omega if/when he leaves. Marty Scurll likely isn't going anywhere any time soon, and he's in position to be the top star on the indy scene.

Omega/Balor, yeah. The ones I listed either include Omega saying he has unfinished business with one of them (Nakamura) and him playing a part directly in ending Styles and Cole's run in the Bullet Club before they went off to WWE.

You can do Omega/Balor since both have lead BC, and Omega could probably carry anyone to a MOTYC at this point if given time but I'm not particularly interested in Omega/Balor.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
New Japan World has night 1 of BOSJ up for free for anyone looking to watch some wrestling, can't beat 8 singles matches on night 1.

Scurll got over with the Japanese crowd in about 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad