Until someone gets hurt.
:phew:

If this is an angle...
Then NJPW has a great PR team.
It first "leaks" the news...
Which gets people's attention.
Then...
After a while...
A photo or two of a prone Shibata backstage shows up on twitter...
So people starts to believe the rumours.
Finally...
After a certain amount of time...
It releases a full statement...
And NJPW manages to stay on the forefront of the news for a couple of days.

Well done...
NJPW.
Well done.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Colour me skeptical that this is a work. No doctor will put his reputation on the line the way the doctor who worked on him did with Tokyo Sports just for a wrestling angle.

According to the Tokyo Sports report on the incident, Shibata collapsed on his way to the locker room and suffered paralysis on the right side of his body, which isn't expected to be permanent. Surgery lasted five hours and he was conscious and conversing afterwards. Paralysis on the right side of the body can indicate damage to the left side of the brain. The hematoma was small.

Acute subdural hematomas are more often than not fatal, and a minority of people who suffer them regain full or partial brain function. The fact that Shibata is 37 and was treated as quickly as he did helps his chances.

The surgeon is Shunji Asamoto -- he's a neurologist and spinal surgeon. Yes, he's a real doctor. The doctor said these hematomas can recur, and he doesn't like Shibata's chances of returning to professional wrestling, and if he wishes to do so he needs to be examined strictly.

I can't see any legitimate doctor putting himself out there for the sake of a wrestling angle. I just can't.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
5 stars from Dave for Okada/Shibata

I suspected that Meltzer will give it a 5.
I am still on the fence rather I want to upgrade it...
But I want to now...
Since Shibata likely suffered a career-ending injury during this match.

Last edited:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I've never been but pwg got me back into wrestling. Its on my to do list for sure.

It's insane to try to get tickets. It's funny, I fell out of wrestling for about 10 years, then the summer of Punk brought me back a bit, and I started to look into the Independent scene. One of my upcoming watches is Kaiju Big Battel, then Joey Janella's Spring Break. I love indy stuff so much more than 99% of the WWE stuff, save I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET! Will always be the best You Deserve It! chant ever.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Crazy Steve has left TNA wrestling. Decay started off so strong and then kind of tailed off. Abyss is still terrible.

GFW and Impact basically announced that they have merged.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I kind of lost track of what decay was doing bc I enjoyed the act, but Rosemary was always the star there. In fact, Rosemary is literally the only person I even hear about in terms of what she's doing and crossing my fingers her contact is up soon and Hunter can get her out of there.

Didn't help they were closely associated with the Hardys, that should've been used to propel them, but lol tna

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I still miss the old Courtney Rush before she turned evil as Rosemary. That she can pull off both personas is the thing that's most frightening about her.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Omega obviously beat Bad Luck Fale and called out Omega after the match. Looks like we're getting the rematch at Dominion.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
*Okada :P. This is the expected path, hard to mess up really. Not watched the show yet, but I assume that Omega vs Ishii is great. I also assume that Okada managed to have a five-star match with Fale lol.

They announced the Best of Super Junior groups. Block A is really stacked, and ofc my boy Scurll is gonna win it all \o/.

A Block
Jushin Thunder Liger
Ricochet
Dragon Lee
Will Ospreay
Marty Scurll
Taichi
Taka Michinoku
Hiromu Takahashi

B Block
Tiger Mask
Ryusuke Taguchi
KUSHIDA
Volador Jr
ACH
Kanemaru
Desperado
BUSHI

Something to note is that Sabre Jr. isn't involved, he's in the heavyweight division in Japan so will be in the G1. Which kinda sucks as Sabre Jr. has got some great matches he can have here. Like the Kushida match, he had a great one in RevPro the other week. Sucks he can't be in it, but also awesome that he'll defeat Okada and win the G1 later in the year!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I kind of lost track of what decay was doing bc I enjoyed the act, but Rosemary was always the star there. In fact, Rosemary is literally the only person I even hear about in terms of what she's doing and crossing my fingers her contact is up soon and Hunter can get her out of there.

Didn't help they were closely associated with the Hardys, that should've been used to propel them, but lol tna

I'd like to see her in NXT.

She reminds me of Daffney.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Question:

I've been watching New Japan probably semi-regularly (more regularly in 2017) since the Summer on AXS, but how long/how many matches is the average show? AXS is only an hour long and they only show two matches tops. (Yes I know they're behind a few months)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Question:

I've been watching New Japan probably semi-regularly (more regularly in 2017) since the Summer on AXS, but how long/how many matches is the average show? AXS is only an hour long and they only show two matches tops. (Yes I know they're behind a few months)

Korakuen Hall shows, which are kind of like a house show and Raw in that they usually see guys fighting in tag matches that set up their feuds for the big shows are usually 8 matches, with the first half of the card a lot of filler (Young Lions, Old Vets etc...), last probably 2.5 hours.

PPV's tend to be 4 hours, give or take and then Wrestle Kingdom could be 6 hours.

They always do a good job building toward the end of the card, very rarely is a big match/title match starting a show.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
*Okada :P. This is the expected path, hard to mess up really. Not watched the show yet, but I assume that Omega vs Ishii is great. I also assume that Okada managed to have a five-star match with Fale lol.

They announced the Best of Super Junior groups. Block A is really stacked, and ofc my boy Scurll is gonna win it all \o/.

A Block
Jushin Thunder Liger
Ricochet
Dragon Lee
Will Ospreay
Marty Scurll
Taichi
Taka Michinoku
Hiromu Takahashi

B Block
Tiger Mask
Ryusuke Taguchi
KUSHIDA
Volador Jr
ACH
Kanemaru
Desperado
BUSHI

Something to note is that Sabre Jr. isn't involved, he's in the heavyweight division in Japan so will be in the G1. Which kinda sucks as Sabre Jr. has got some great matches he can have here. Like the Kushida match, he had a great one in RevPro the other week. Sucks he can't be in it, but also awesome that he'll defeat Okada and win the G1 later in the year!

Surprised Liger isn't in the B Group since he said this is his last BOSJ, and I figured they would give him a run in winning this thing. Hard to imagine him doing that in the A Group, which is just stupid good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Question:

8-10 on the actual show, but you have a lot of 6- and 8-man tags. But they're not useless, often the result sets up the future match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->