Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
She did a Shimmer date too I think. unmasked as well

Yes, she worked with Shimmer on two occasions (but not the most recent one). She's super sweet in person (as is Rosemary), but her English isn't the best. I'm as bothered by the presentation of the injury as being part of the show as anything, and I really hope that's just miscommunication. The re-application of the armbar after the bell is consistent with her performances, so that didn't immediately catch my attention as anything out of the ordinary. That anyone would say that it wasn't a real injury to save face is where it becomes something more.

Acallabeth

Find yourself someone...
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Wow, so Sexy Star is a garbage person in addition to being an awful wrestler. Who in the world carried her to all her employments?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So BoLA was these past weekend, many matches and many stars were had. The winner is a buck form the recent trend with Ricochet winning his second one to kick off his farewell tour. Gonna be a good run before he can finally sign with WWE (he'll finally be released from LU soon).

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Omega damaged his left knee’s lateral meniscus, Kenny Omega will not appear in matches between 9/7 and 9/22.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
just realized it they called it destruction in horishima.... good lord lol.

CMLL's 84th anniversary is tonight
Zeuix vs. Princesa Sugehit for the mask...
Niebla Roja vs. Gran Guerrero for the mask...

theres also a big boxing fight tonight, Canelo, the biggest mexican star, so.... i dont know if theyre gonna try to pull one like TripleMania did with the mayweather fight, no announcement so far, so doubt it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It's too bad because I was watching again. How the hell am I supposed to be invested when every set of tapings is another reboot?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, by all reports the shows have been good again. But TNA is TNA, and they're always doing TNA things. It's very easy to give up on them (yet again), and very hard to trust them to go back.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Nordholm is hoping for 500 people to attend TNA/Impact/Anthem events in Ottawa.

As someone who's decently in tune with this city's wrestling market... yeah that's not happening.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Some messy stuff going on with FloSlam and WWN (EVOLVE, SHINE, FIP, Style Battle, and ACW).

FloSlam filed a lawsuit last week saying that WWN lied about buyer numbers when they bought the rights to them, WWN say they didn't and that FloSlam failed to promote them like they were meant to. After WWN responded publicly, FloSlam pulled all WWN shows from broadcast. The details are on the Observer front page, Part 1 & Part 2.

As EVOLVE is the only reason I give them money, I'll be canceling. Which is mildly annoying.

What makes it more interesting is that WWE sent out their questions the other night again about adding some indies to the Network.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Listening to the review of ROH last night. Sounds like Cody Rhodes and Minoru Suzuki had a good match that was cut short by time and no one (rightfully) bought that Suzuki could win the title. Only went 12+ minutes.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's almost always the problem with NJPW guys going to places like RoH. You either have a flat match where the RoH guy retains, or a complete surprise ending. But even then everyone knows the title is coming back.

That being said, RevPro managed to pull it off with Shibata. But the key UK guys involved were also signed to NJPW so they worked matches in Japan (Shibata defeated Sabre Jr. in the UK, then defended against Hero and Riddle in the UK, then against Ospreay in Japan before losing to Sabre Jr. in Japan). Unlike RoH, where the key guys are signed to RoH instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->