Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I want Tanahashi and Daryl vs Fale in a handicap match with Daryl scoring the pin and getting his revenge. I also want a Daryl-Kota Ibushi singles match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
seems like WCPW must have some kind of relationship with WWE

Joseph Conners was the surprised replacement for Michael Elgin at the Wolrd Cup last night, and Blampied thanked the compny for letting them use him before he came out

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't think they'd have a deal, as we'd probably know about it. More likely is that WWE doesn't care much about WCPW and let him work there.

WWE is rolling back on the UK stuff anyway now that World of Sport is 99% dead. I can seem them just letting the non-star contracts expire whenever they are up.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I don't think they'd have a deal, as we'd probably know about it. More likely is that WWE doesn't care much about WCPW and let him work there.

WWE is rolling back on the UK stuff anyway now that World of Sport is 99% dead. I can seem them just letting the non-star contracts expire whenever they are up.

oh yeah im pretty sure its not a deal as such, but its good to see WWE didnt just turn round and say "nah" like some people expected they would do to WhatCulture

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Glad to see Eli Drake win the GFW title. One of my favorite non-WWE wrestlers out there.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
WCPW World Cup Finals tonight, gonna be lit imo. 3PM EST

SEMI-Finals
Will Ospreay vs Ricochet
Joseph Conners vs KUSHIDA

Plus...

Penta El Zero M vs Mike Bailey
Rampage vs El Ligero
Zack Sabre Jr vs Alex Gracie
Joe Hendry vs Jack Swagger

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Havent seen the event. when the boxing fight ended, i only saw the unmasking...

Psycho Clown defeats the legendary Dr Wagner Jr for the mask.... 32 years of carreer. crazy moment.
(Johny Mundo retains all titles in his TLC match.... thats interesting. i personally thought he was done)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did Sexy Star break the shoulder of one of my main girls Rosemary?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Did Sexy Star break the shoulder of one of my main girls Rosemary?
Apparently it isn't too bad, but ya. It's not the first time there has been a problem there, it won't be the last.

I was actually going to watch the show, but when I turned it on it was Sexy Star's match, so I instantly closed it to do something else. Glad I missed it now I've read about what was happening.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There's always the chance the Sexy Star thing could be some sort of new age work because the people running AAA are out of their minds. But I don't even they are that crazy.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Twitter all day has been vaguely about workers saying "You don't intentionally injure people, it goes totally against the business" so I'm guessing that's what it's about?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Word from the Observer was that Jeff Jarrett was understandably furious at Vampiro. I don't know if it's so much Vampiro's fault (maybe it is for booking an unprofessional worker), but Rosemary is one of GFW's top female stars, so I have to imagine that he's not letting this go anytime soon. Not while he's trying to rebuild a brand and give it credibility.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I hope no one works with SS again.

Yoshiko vs Sexy Star in STARDOM. Mid match have Act Yasukawa and Rosemary appear unannounced and straight up break their faces with legit chair shots. Teach them both there's a price to pay if you want to shoot on someone.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
SS pretty much only worked with WrestleCircus in the US as far as I can tell, and they already ruled out working with her again

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Sexy Starr getting banished (and rightfully so) while New Jack somehow had a 20+ year career.

New Jack was a product of his time back when a lot of indy and territorial feds felt they had to be edgy, bloody, extreme, and controversial to make money. Most of the time despite his controversies the wrestlers who got into the ring with him knew what they were getting into.

That's the difference with New Jack vs Sexy Star, what she did came out of the blue and runs contrary to anything she's done before. Her refusal to apologize, accept responsibility, lie about it being a work, and place blame elsewhere has only incensed people further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->