Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
They booked the A-block well heading into the last big day of competition on Sunday. Kanemura and ACH seem to be the only ones officially eliminated from advancing to Monday. Ishimori or Ospreay seem to be the logical picks to win the block. Smart booking is to have Ishimori go to Monday and potentially win out and face off with Ospreay at Dominion and have Ospreay try to avenge his loss from earlier in the tournament.

Next to last matches in B-block on Saturday. Scurll, Takahashi, Dragon Lee and Kushida all seem like they could win the group. The final group matches on Sunday are going to be a lot of fun.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Watched part of Impact last night, and man, did they really have to geek out Allie like that?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ishimori vs. Takahashi in the best of super juniors finals

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
AAA Verano de escndalo main-event: Rey Misterio vs Dr.Wagner for the belt.

La parka arrives at AAA.
Vampiro is like wtf bro? you're not welcomed here.
PArka mentions its not him. ok.
Konan's music hits.....
...Juventud Guerrera and Killer Kross come out and reveal Jeff Jarret as their leader (instead of Konnan)
Jeff JArrett adds himself to the mainevent because why not?
Mainevent is now a triple threat for the belt.
heel referee tries to screw Wagner all match so he knocks him out.
Wagner goes for the pin on Jarrett and La parka comes out as ref.
La parka screws Wagner by not counting and Jarett gets the pin.
La parka takes off his mask and its Konan.
Vampiro comes out again and get his ass kicked.
Fenix who literally just signed last week to CMLL comes out to save vampiro and challenges Konan.

wow lol.
overbooked mess.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AAA Verano de escndalo main-event: Rey Misterio vs Dr.Wagner for the belt.

La parka arrives at AAA.
Vampiro is like wtf bro? you're not welcomed here.
PArka mentions its not him. ok.
Konan's music hits.....
...Juventud Guerrera and Killer Kross come out and reveal Jeff Jarret as their leader (instead of Konnan)
Jeff JArrett adds himself to the mainevent because why not?
Mainevent is now a triple threat for the belt.
heel referee tries to screw Wagner all match so he knocks him out.
Wagner goes for the pin on Jarrett and La parka comes out as ref.
La parka screws Wagner by not counting and Jarett gets the pin.
La parka takes off his mask and its Konan.
Vampiro comes out again and get his ass kicked.
Fenix who literally just signed last week to CMLL comes out to save vampiro and challenges Konan.

wow lol.
overbooked mess.
Sounds very Vince Russo

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Was hoping to catch up with the final two nights of BOSJ25 but inevitably, I ran into spoilers. Very excited about Dominion this weekend.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Triplemania main-event:
L.A. Park vs Hijo de Fantasma vs Psycho Clown vs Pentagon jr in a four way with all the masks on the line.
(only the person who gets the pin or submits loses the mask)

LA park has a scheduled mask vs hair match with CMLL so its f***ing weird. he claims he didnt know... but if he loses his mask before, he will put his hair on the line.... ok

Rey Fenix is also supposed to be with CMLL and he says he will just use another name. no problem (Fenix instead of Rey Fenix) ok.

Pentagon jr. who cameback after totaly ditching AAA, jumping ships to the Crash and going indy. thats how he lost his name and became Penta 0 miedo. says he's back there as Pentagon but he will remain indy wrestler with the other name. but he also has a mask vs mask match vs Caristico (original Sin Cara) with CMLL

pretty bizarre war going with AAA and CMLL. its fun.
would be better if the shows delivered.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
*****1/2 for Takahasi/Ishimori in the Observer
That match was amazing. Only down thing is that Takahashi is going to probably have a short career because he is insane. The bump he took on a rana down the stairs was freaking nuts.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I am going to an indy show tomorrow headlined by Ultimo Dragon vs Joey Janela. Dragon is actually going to be managed by Sonny Ono (The guy who got a job in WCW specifically be a stereotypical Japanese manager and then sued the company for having him play a racial stereotype and made out like a bandit).

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
anyone watching live tomorrow? starts at 8am for me so ill prob skip the first hour :P

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I probably won't watch it live at 3 but I'll get up early-ish in the morning and start watching it from the beginning. I'll be a few hours behind I'd imagine.

I feel like this is the time for Kenny to get the belt off Okada. The Golden Lovers angle has made him a massive babyface and I think the idea of ending the show with the Bucks and Kenny reuniting up in the middle of the ring all holding new gold is a perfect moment. For Okada, he's had his run and broke records. If they don't do it with Kenny...who do you have him lose to? He's basically gone through every top guy on the roster. The story is there for Kenny to win this since he's got the win over him at last year's G1 and the series is tied. It gives Okada some new motivation and he can refresh his character without the belt. It's going to be a massive match...looking forward to it.

I'm predicting the Bucks, R3K, Hiromu and Kenny are new champs.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dont think they tag titles are going straight on the Bucks. my predictions are

Sho+Yoh
Taguchi Japan
Suzuki-Gun
Taichi
LIJ
Bullet Club (set up Marty singles feud)
Takahashi
Jericho
Omega

its a bit bold to have the two westerners winning the main events but its time

GKJ

Global Moderator