Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
NJpw jericho is amazing.
people crying in the crowd.
slapping young lions like total bitches.
throwing eveything

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
That day at PROGRESS was f***ing fantastic.

Even sweeter being the only person in my section with a Travis shirt cheering him as he stormed off with the belt to a chorus of boos.

Excellent matches throughout ,surprised Angelico is alive.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
WWE better hope more of their talent doesn't start going the Jericho route.

... Because as entertaining as he is under the WWE's constraints, we're seeing just how great of a heel we've been missing out on when he's unleashed in NJPW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jericho can only do what he's doing because of the rapport he already had in Japan and specifically Gedo. Not just anyone can go do that.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There's a ROH war of the worlds tour show this Saturday somewhat close to me, hour away. I want to go with my buddy but I already have plans, damn.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Some names for Best of Super Juniors have been shown:

Will Ospreay
Hiromu Takahashi
KUSHIDA
Marty Scurll
Flip Gordon
Dragon Lee
BUSHI
Sho
Yoh
Ryusuke Taguchi
Tiger Mask IV
El Desperado
Yoshinobu Kanemaru

That's 13 names, probably out of 16 total.

Chris Sabin, Ishimori and ACH round out the field. The match lineups are up on the NJPW site.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Finally finished watching night 2...Dominion will be great but Super Jr tourney will be must see as well. Loved the finish to Okada-Tana.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Went to the first leg of the RoH/NJPW War of the Worlds tour Wednesday. Really awesome show with lots of exciting moments and great in ring story telling as usual.

The sad thing that kept running through my mind is how ruined these guys would be if they signed with the WWE. They've spent this time on the indies creating their own unique personalities, and signature moves, cutting their own promos and once they make the WWE they're forced to read from garbage scripts, alter their move sets, and eat what ever character the bookers dump on them.

No wonder guys like the Young Bucks have no interest in signing with them.

Reactions: Disclose

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Given their insane merch sales the Bucks would probably be taking a pay cut if they signed with WWE (On top of losing all their creative freedom).

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Took us 40 minutes and we had to split up in groups of two, but we got tickets for All In. Looks like a potential sellout. Rey Mysterio, Pentagon Jr, Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada, Young Bucks, Fenix, Tessa Blanchard... it’s going to be a good one.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Young Bucks could to WWE when they decide they need to start doing less but know they can stay over. The schedule is a big factor. They make enough to make WWE’s schedule not worth the jump.

They are in the same place Kenny Omega is in. WWE will sell a shit ton of merch off them. But would still need to incentivize.

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
There's a lot of talk online that a lot of those tickets were bought up by people that are immediately trying to make a profit in the secondary market. I hope they get a capacity crowd for the event...the tickets have already sold out so that's guaranteed money for them. I kinda figure that's what is going to happen with a lot of big events. Most people who want to buy tickets just want them so they can flip them for a profit.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
There's a lot of talk online that a lot of those tickets were bought up by people that are immediately trying to make a profit in the secondary market. I hope they get a capacity crowd for the event...the tickets have already sold out so that's guaranteed money for them. I kinda figure that's what is going to happen with a lot of big events. Most people who want to buy tickets just want them so they can flip them for a profit.

That was my thought while waiting in a “virtual line” on the ticket website, but only about 3.5% ended up on StubHub. A cursory glance shows my section is going for $300 ($50 face value). I was totally prepared to blame the scalpers if we didn’t get tickets, but I’ve seen much worse ratios for other concerts/events this year.

Reactions: Fro and TD Charlie

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
As a comparison there were roughly 13k tickets sold for SummerSlam and right now there are about 4k up on StubHub. It seems very likely that the fans were the ones who ended up with the All In tickets, not the touts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really hope All In is a staggering success and it leads to more in the future. It's got to be taxing on them organizing it, though.
It's already a success. They have the people booked for the show. They've already accomplished the hard part. All they need to do now is put on a great show. Honestly, I think they aimed too low and I thought that from the beginning. At least for this show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It’s a shame advertisers still look at wrestling the way they do because this is the best time for the business in a very, very long time - from the talent, to the business, money, opportunities, exposure, etc.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
New foul-mouth Jericho promo cut on Naito via cell phone during this morning's BSOJ show. I'm sure the video will be available...fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad