Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, that Suzuki match was really good. All the Okada matches have been. We've got the second Omega match coming up next weekend too^^.

Ofc that's after my boy Ospreay wins his second BoSJ trophy.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, that Suzuki match was really good. All the Okada matches have been. We've got the second Omega match coming up next weekend too^^.

He pulled Fale into a 4 stars match...
A rating most people would be thrilled with...
And that is considered a lesser title defense during his run.
:amazed:

People thinks his reign is too long...
But I love the storytelling so far.
Right now...
He just wants to show that he is indeed the true ace...
And he will take on all-comers and styles to prove it.
Eventually...
That hubris will be his downfall...
Which has been hinted at throughout his defenses...
But until then...
I hope he continues to rack up the wins...
And in such spectacular fashion too...
Because when he finally drops the title...
It will make his opponent an instant superstar.

Ofc that's after my boy Ospreay wins his second BoSJ trophy.

I am quite excited to see KUSHIDA vs. Ospreay.
KUSHIDA could really use a win...
But I wonder if Gedo will pull the trigger...
And let him challenge Takahashi so soon.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

WCPW Fight Back is live. reasonable card. worth playing in the background since they are trying to get wrestling re-monitized

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
KUSHIDA comes out on top.
Gedo has been rather conservative lately...
And he went with the homegrown talents once again.

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, sucks. But Kushida is awesome so I really can't complain about him winning. This years tournament was awesome all the way too. Especially the stacked group, don't think they ever had a less than good showing.

And I did really like the sport with Scurll and Okada in the tag match, where he countered the Rainmaker with his umbrella. It was perfectly correct.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, sucks. But Kushida is awesome so I really can't complain about him winning. This years tournament was awesome all the way too. Especially the stacked group, don't think they ever had a less than good showing.

And I did really like the sport with Scurll and Okada in the tag match, where he countered the Rainmaker with his umbrella. It was perfectly correct.

I like KUSHIDA...
But I am unsure of the timing.
Is it really the best time for another bout with Hiromu Takahashi so soon?
It may be better to let KUSHIDA be occupied elsewhere...
Be credible again with a couple of wins...
And then challenge Takahashi again.

Still...
Gedo has a great track record...
He clearly knows how to book...
And KUSHIDA vs. Takahashi will always be good...
So I will continue to watch.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
lol so the anti-youtube WCPW show got a guideline strike and their livestream rights revoked. wow.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WCPW just got banned from YouTube. The show "Fight Back" was removed and streaming privileges revoked due to "deceptive practices". The logo they used is basically the YouTube one.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dont really understand how that logo is deceptive but.... heyo

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Really?

YouTube_logo_2015.svg

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I understand it looks the same, but theyre not trying to deceive anyone. what, are they trying to imply its an official youtube show or something? come on

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I understand it looks the same, but theyre not trying to deceive anyone. what, are they trying to imply its an official youtube show or something? come on
It doesn't matter what they are trying to do in a case like this. What matters is a random user could easily be confused.

If I saw the WCPW logo I'd think it was some kind of YouTube related thing. And that's a problem. If WCPW then said something terrible on their stream, then the random user now thinks that YouTube are endorsing it. And that's a problem for YouTube, so YouTube are proactive about this kind of thing to protect themselves.

This is very standard stuff. Don't appear to be pretending to be someone else, especially not your host and revenue stream. Intent doesn't matter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What was the point in engaging in any fashion with YouTube even if it wasn't serious or without their permission? WhatCulture as an entity was nothing without them. This was obviously a marketing angle but it got way too aggressive. They might disagree with the practice, but unspeakably stupid to bite the hand that feeds. Not to mention that to your audience and especially the talent may now have the impression that your promotion is bush league.

Even if people were on their side and were still in the right, they look more stupid than YT does.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
GKJ your response is quite weird and reads like someone who doesnt know the full situation

you say its stupid to bite the hand that feeds. they are in fact biting the hand that stops feeding. the demonitization of wrestling content has caused the shutdown of their free weekly show. they had a Mysterio match with over a million views that made $40. seems to me more like a protest against the cutting off of a serious revenue stream not just for WCPW but for any promotion big and small, hell even WWE

also to suggest that audience and talent may look less upon them is bizarre, I cant see any fans or talent who think a source of revenue for pro wrestling being cut off is a good think. r/sc who is pretty mixed about WCPW is like 99.9% anti-youtube, pro-what they are trying to do. I dont think that makes them look more stupid than YT in any way personally.

ill also let Adam's own words speak for him

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'll take your word for it then.

Much better than "Stand Up for WWE"

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the Strike on WCPW Fight Back has been removed and livestreaming rights returned

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
5 stars for Kushida and Ospreay in the super junior final

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I just started watching ROH and have been looking to watch NJPW, but the only NJPW I can find on TV seems to be older matches on the Fight Network. Any place I can watch the new stuff legally?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I just started watching ROH and have been looking to watch NJPW, but the only NJPW I can find on TV seems to be older matches on the Fight Network. Any place I can watch the new stuff legally?
There is NJPW World, which is their streaming service for ¥999. So just sign up for that and you'll have everything.

All/most of the major shows have English commentary, if that's a thing for you. But the Japanese commentary is great so it's a non-issue really. They are probably my fav commentary team in all wrestling.

There are also shows on the AXS TV channel, but I've no clue about it other than being a TV station. Those shows should be up to date with current in time for the american tour shows in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->