Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Well first, I think your idea of a star is a superstar. Big difference. I would argue though that DJ is a Superstars with Jordan and Rory. Day in/out, Hideki too. Guys like Rose and Sergio are stars. Big names but not superstars. You say Phil is a star whose game has faded. Phil isn't a star, Phil was a star. Schauffele can definitely be as good as Rose/Sergio. Paul Casey is another guy who flies under the radar a bit, but I would put him on Rose's level.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well first, I think your idea of a star is a superstar. Big difference. I would argue though that DJ is a Superstars with Jordan and Rory. Day in/out, Hideki too. Guys like Rose and Sergio are stars. Big names but not superstars. You say Phil is a star whose game has faded. Phil isn't a star, Phil was a star. Schauffele can definitely be as good as Rose/Sergio. Paul Casey is another guy who flies under the radar a bit, but I would put him on Rose's level.

To me, I'm not sure every sport has a super star. I believe a super star requires being so much better than the competition, kind of like how Tiger was at his best.

Schauffele will probably be top 20 in the world by the end of next season under the age of 25. I'm just not sure about the labels here. I think sports anoint too many of these guys.

Jan 3, 2012
To me, I'm not sure every sport has a super star. I believe a super star requires being so much better than the competition, kind of like how Tiger was at his best.

Schauffele will probably be top 20 in the world by the end of next season under the age of 25. I'm just not sure about the labels here. I think sports anoint too many of these guys.

That's a generational talent.

Jan 3, 2012
Do you think the best players on tour could break 75 four times in a day on a desert golf course with only a 5 iron, sand wedge and putter?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gonna also need a plaque. Will the plaque be on the driving range or the shot landed on #13? Pretty cool though if it does happen, very rarely do they put plaques anymore for legendary golf moments.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
No one responds when I post Tiger info, so I just stopped posting it here. Doesn't seem like many care, although I am excited for his return. Hoping for Hero, but if he's not ready, I'll settle for early in 2018.
I just want to see him be able to stay healthy and have an opportunity to come back and win again. It'd be nice to see him at least have the opportunity to go toe to toe with this generation before he calls it quits.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leishman hands Thomas an offseason trophy.

Rich Lerner promptly says Thomas is now even with Spieth. The score is 3-1, but why do facts matter?

Jan 3, 2012
Thomas has been on an insane heater for a year. Outside of the 6 months from SBSS to PGA he asnt gone more than a couple months without winning. ANd he had good finishes during that period.He has to slow down soon though. Even Rory and Jordan haven't won this consistently. I guess we'll see if he carries this into next seeason.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Show me a 60 yard bunker shot. I want to see his touch.
I will settle for him being able to have a tee shot find the fairway, and him being able to bend over to pick up the tee first. Baby steps.

But yes, if the short game yips and inability to execute different shots aren't there... no point in really getting excited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->