Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Hopefully something cool happens at the end here, because this has been a snoozefest.

Yeah really, planned my weekend to allow me to watch the Players for 4-5 hours Sunday afternoon. As the leaderboard degraded, I abandoned that plan. Didn't end up watching any this weekend. No drama, and no big players up top. Also, judging by the leaderboard, scoring looked very hard today.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This tournament never fails to deliver being a boring event. I can think of like two times in the last ten years when I enjoyed this event.

Kim does not have a top 20 this year. How does someone like that win one of the best field's all year?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Kim only hit 3 greens on the back 9. Shame that the man tasked with chasing him down was Ian ****ing Poulter. Pretty gritty win for a 21 year-old, though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did they say he has back problems? And he's coached by Foley? Strange, huh?

Poor kid. Foley's has a history of murdering everyone's back who he coaches.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Add Lovemark. I wondered what happened to him. If you ever wonder what happened to a golfer, just assume they started working with Sean Foley and got a back injury. :laugh:

Hours after winning The Players Championship, Si Woo Kim withdrew from this week's AT&T Byron Nelson and cited a back injury that has caused him trouble throughout the season

:laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice Jordan...

After two missed cuts in a row I think I would normally hit the panic button, but I really am not. He's had some weird results the last few months. He's missed 3 of his last 5 cuts, but I thought all three were tournaments he played to a level where he'd normally make the cut, and just made some really stupid errors or didn't capitalize on chances he normally takes. None of these tournaments has he been bad. With his normal short game and putting, he would've contended in a few of those events. And then at the Masters, he went into the final round with a chance to win, and had one of those days where he was a few yards off on every approach shot, despite hitting good shots. He was also close at the Zurich, but thats a weird format. I don't know. I don't like these results the last few months. His putting and short game hasn't been good this year, but his ball striking looks very good. I still feel like his game is not in bad shape right now, just not getting results he'd normally get. Over a season, that should even out, I think.

Jan 3, 2012
Oh it's not so much the missed cuts I'm worried about, but that he misses a cut the week I use one of my three starts.

I know he can bounce back from poor form as good as anyone.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seems like the bad golfers never have the chip-ins that Day just had when the tournament is close at the end. It feels like its always the best golfers who have those chip ins.

Jan 3, 2012
Seems like the bad golfers never have the chip-ins that Day just had when the tournament is close at the end. It feels like its always the best golfers who have those chip ins.

Gotta be good to be lucky...

Damn Jason... fringe with his second on a par 5... then cant get up and down for birdie. Tied with Horschel at -12 with 2 to go.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

They gotta stop doing this. Ruins every tournament that they have this. They always show it tape delayed, and everyone always knows what happened, except they can't watch what happened while its happening.

If you are going to move up the tee times, find somewhere to put the television coverage. Otherwise, do not move up tee times due to severe weather. Ruins the final round for fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad