OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It’s really hard for me to believe that there are still Heat Fans that don’t like Spo. I mean what does the guy have to do? What do people still think that it’s 2012? I have news for them. This Heat Team isn’t very good. Spo isn’t perfect and I’ve seen him out coached on accession but with every win this team gets, I forget all about it.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So, what happened to Waiters again? Completely forgot he was on the club lol.

Heat probably should find a suitor for Whiteside. Ain't going to work out.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Waiters opted for season ending ankle surgery early in the year. Whiteside broke Heat Law when he took his gripes with Spo to the media. That’s not how they operate. They like to keep their dirty laundry in house. Players don’t run the show in Miami. There is only one Alpha Dog and that’s Pat Riley. Whiteside saw his minutes disappear and when he was in, the rest of the team pretty much ignored him. They’ll likely have to trade him for beans to move his salary but I’m pretty sure he’s gone.

Reactions: ShootIt

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
What a great pick by the Fins. James or Edmunds would have been good picks as well, but Minkah is going to be a hell of a player for us back there. His versatility, speed, skill, and leadership is top notch. It’s been a long time since the Fins gave hit a home run in the first round. A+ grade from me.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
What a great pick by the Fins. James or Edmunds would have been good picks as well, but Minkah is going to be a hell of a player for us back there. His versatility, speed, skill, and leadership is top notch. It’s been a long time since the Fins gave hit a home run in the first round. A+ grade from me.

I like the pick too. Got excited about Rosen till Arizona jumped in front of the Fins.
Curious if they will bump TJ into the LB spot in some nickel formations.

Happy with the Boys taking LVE too.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I like the pick too. Got excited about Rosen till Arizona jumped in front of the Fins.
Curious if they will bump TJ into the LB spot in some nickel formations.

Happy with the Boys taking LVE too.

Read a lot of crap from idiotic Cowboys fans on FB. LVE is going to be a good LB IMO.

I would definitely move TJ to the SAM from time to time, he is too talented to leave on the bench. I really wanted Edmunds. Even though he looks to be a boom or bust player, he would have really helped out our LB core. Minkah is going to be a Troy Polamalu type of player for us. I really believe he will eventually be the leader on D.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Like the Gesicki pick. Gives us a legit pass catcher at TE .needs to work on blocking but I'll take his freak skills anyday

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Like the Gesicki pick. Gives us a legit pass catcher at TE .needs to work on blocking but I'll take his freak skills anyday

Love the pick as well. Athletic, tall, fast for a TE, with a sick 41” vert. He is going to be a red zone nightmare for the opposition. Had some drop issues early on in his career, but he’s improved on that. Given his talent, he should become a decent blocker for us.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
@pb1300 , your thoughts on day 3?

Like the Smythe pick. Ballage looks to be 3rd down back to start off.
Don't know too much about Armstrong or Poling, so tbd.
Surprised about Sanders over Pineiro.
Sanders is 25/35 out of his college career. I assume they think they think some of his misses can be corrected through technique?
Saw they got the local Boca kicker too in Joseph, and he was 71% this year.
Looks like both guys have strong legs.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
@pb1300 , your thoughts on day 3?

Like the Smythe pick. Ballage looks to be 3rd down back to start off.
Don't know too much about Armstrong or Poling, so tbd.
Surprised about Sanders over Pineiro.
Sanders is 25/35 out of his college career. I assume they think they think some of his misses can be corrected through technique?
Saw they got the local Boca kicker too in Joseph, and he was 71% this year.
Looks like both guys have strong legs.

I like the Ballage kid. Doesn’t have much elusiveness, but maybe he can learn from Drake and Gore.

I don’t get the Sanders pick tbh, but it’s a position we can fill a few different ways, so I’m not worried about it.

I find it interesting that some experts gave us a failing grade for the draft. I thought we did great the first two days, and overall, I’d give us a B+.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It’s strange to see that Stephen Ross didn’t like the minkah pick. I mean I’m no fan of Tannenbaum personally but I think that pick was a no brainer.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Meanwhile in Finland, our top basketball league's GSW (32-8 record, zero home losses during the regular season) lost in the final. Their best player was injured though and probably the reason why they lost, still managed to force game 6.

Congrats to Karhu, I played against their soccer division back in the day.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Where you think he signs? Philly makes a lot of sense no? Houston?
Lakers and Knicks make sense from marketing standpoint but feel he wants to beat GSW at least once or twice more.

The seven teams that are going to meet with him are Philly, Cleveland, Miami, Houston, Boston, Lakers, and GSW. If he wants to be a billionaire athlete, which he has said is a goal of his, he will go to the Lakers. If he wants a chance to win, without going the extremely easy way by joining the Warriors, he will go to Philly. Boston would be good too, but I just dont see him and Kyrie getting along. I wouldnt mind seeing him come back to Miami, but Im actually getting tired of the Lebron show. The guy is absolutely amazing, its the circus that comes with him that I can live without.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad