OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Curious on who they face. 6th and 7th seed can be flipped over losing/winning a game.

Edit, are they locked into 7th with the loss to OKC and Bucks being at 44 wins?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Curious on who they face. 6th and 7th seed can be flipped over losing/winning a game.

Edit, are they locked into 7th with the loss to OKC and Bucks being at 44 wins?

I think they are happy with 7th. They have a game remaining against the raptors so they could move to 6th. Pretty sure they own the season series vs Glannis and the tie breaker. I’m just not sure if the want to face anyone else besides Boston in the 1st round being that Kyrie is gone for the season. Philly would be a crazy matchup because of the rivalry between Whiteside and Embid.

Reactions: ShootIt

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I swear if my Raptors can't beat WSH and CLE this year, I'm done watching basketball for a couple years.
Now or never to get to the finals my dinosaurs from Canada. Now or never!!

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Going to be a tough, but good matchup.

Wonder how Spo will handle the rotations in the playoffs.

That’s a good question. He liked to go small at the end of games in the regular season but I think that’s because there aren’t many good centers in the league. Playing philly you’d think Spo would have to let Whiteside finish games for this series.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Honestly, the Raptors are my pick to come out of the east this season. I think they’ll cruise by Cleveland. They doesn’t look right to me.

Imo the Raptors can only beat themselves. Good Luck!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Need a team effort to bring down the Lebronious Rex, the door is open to do it finally. He doesn't have to go to the finals every frigging year!! Is he going to play 48mins a game every night? :mad:

velociraptors-know-how-to-open-doors-o.gif

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Honestly, Toronto could use someone like him. Toronto is chicken**** towards Lebron and could use someone that doesnt fear him.

Ya I agree they need an agitator. Carroll was a disaster and Ibaka isnt really tough enough.
They had rookie OG Anunoby go up against him and he did okay for a bit, even Poeltl is growing into a decent defender. Not too many guys have the skill to guard LBJ23 though.

If he gets doubled teamed, he starts racking up assists or shooting 3's. Not fair:(, hoping he goes out West next year. I've seen enough of him for two lifetimes

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
That’s a good question. He liked to go small at the end of games in the regular season but I think that’s because there aren’t many good centers in the league. Playing philly you’d think Spo would have to let Whiteside finish games for this series.

Hopefully we'll see a focused Whiteside, especially going up against Embiid for potentially 30-35 mins a night at least.
Sure we'll see a healthy rotation of Kelly and Bam. but don't think either can be successful again Embiid.

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Hopefully we'll see a focused Whiteside, especially going up against Embiid for potentially 30-35 mins a night at least.
Sure we'll see a healthy rotation of Kelly and Bam. but don't think either can be successful again Embiid.

I just saw that Embiid is unlikely to play in game in game one (knee). Gotta take that game!

Reactions: ShootIt

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You guys signed Hurns which is a cheap deal and his numbers are actually not bad. 26 years old and had somewhat comparable numbers to Watkins who you were after originally.

Does this mean Dez is gone? You like this? Thoughts?

Think Dez stays. Cole Beasley probably gets moved. Williams could get traded
I like their off-season for once. Fleming at RT, hurns etc.

Hurns gives us size, especially if he plays in the spot here and there

Why you lie to me man? :sarcasm:
I thought we were internet friends.

What do you make of the news of Dez being released? I'm a tad shocked because it created some good depth for you but maybe it'll make more sense if they spend elsewhere to patch a hole?

There's already chatter my 49ers may be interested among OAK, BAL, HOU, SEA and the ultimate revenge team in WSH.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Why you lie to me man? :sarcasm:
I thought we were internet friends.

What do you make of the news of Dez being released? I'm a tad shocked because it created some good depth for you but maybe it'll make more sense if they spend elsewhere to patch a hole?

There's already chatter my 49ers may be interested among OAK, BAL, HOU, SEA and the ultimate revenge team in WSH.

Didn't think it happen till a couple days ago when the cowboys writers starting changing their tune on him.

Don't get it, but maybe there's some lockerroom stuff going on along with his reduced performance.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad