OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Dolphins trade Landry and look to be releasing Suh.

T-Baum as our captain, I'm sure the iceberg is imminent.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Blessed with excellent GM's for my teams.
Jerry and Stephen in Dallas and T-Baum(Grier) in Miami.

Niners will probably be better than both teams this year.

I could see Dallas being all around better this year but I still have my doubts with your head coach and always will. You have 10 picks in this draft so plug those holes. Need your big game guys to step and lead by example. I think another 9-7 record is in order as most experts saying you'll be quiet during free agency. How you see their year playing out?

I've been really impressed with Lynch, definitely went from a 4 year build to 2-3 years. We should build a pretty nice rivalry with the Rams going forward. We need some help at RB, WR and OL/DL but hoping for at least a playoff spot and see how far we can go. Next year should be our year to go full out.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I could see Dallas being all around better this year but I still have my doubts with your head coach and always will. You have 10 picks in this draft so plug those holes. Need your big game guys to step and lead by example. I think another 9-7 record is in order as most experts saying you'll be quiet during free agency. How you see their year playing out?

I've been really impressed with Lynch, definitely went from a 4 year build to 2-3 years. We should build a pretty nice rivalry with the Rams going forward. We need some help at RB, WR and OL/DL but hoping for at least a playoff spot and see how far we can go. Next year should be our year to go full out.

I have zero faith in the duo of Garrett and Jerry.
They are going to a build through draft mantra which is fine and all but to avoid FA completely when you have limited time to build a winner is foolish.
I could see anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5 for the Boys. #1 priority is how Dak plays. First 24 or so games level or his last 8 games where he was clearly rattled and played like ass.

Yea, so far Lynch has done a good job.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I have zero faith in the duo of Garrett and Jerry.
They are going to a build through draft mantra which is fine and all but to avoid FA completely when you have limited time to build a winner is foolish.
I could see anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5 for the Boys. #1 priority is how Dak plays. First 24 or so games level or his last 8 games where he was clearly rattled and played like ass.

Yea, so far Lynch has done a good job.

How many more chances will JG get?
Ya those two need to be on their A-game all year. What are your biggest needs at the draft?
Just looking at the schedule, I agree you could go 8-8 to/in between 11-5 if everything goes right. We have a game against one another. Always look forward to that matchup.
A lot depends on how Giants and Redskins look this year, you should be better than both. The Eagles will be headed for a repeat, should be an interesting division.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
How many more chances will JG get?
Ya those two need to be on their A-game all year. What are your biggest needs at the draft?
Just looking at the schedule, I agree you could go 8-8 to/in between 11-5 if everything goes right. We have a game against one another. Always look forward to that matchup.
A lot depends on how Giants and Redskins look this year, you should be better than both. The Eagles will be headed for a repeat, should be an interesting division.

I think Jerry adopted JG. Dunno how he is still here. Not like he has been successful in his 8 years here.

IMO, Linebacker(future), RDE, safety, wide receiver(future), guard and tight end are our needs/wants. #1 is tough to say. I want Vander Esch in round 1 but I think they see him as too big for a 4-3... but w/e.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think Jerry adopted JG. Dunno how he is still here. Not like he has been successful in his 8 years here.

IMO, Linebacker(future), RDE, safety, wide receiver(future), guard and tight end are our needs/wants. #1 is tough to say. I want Vander Esch in round 1 but I think they see him as too big for a 4-3... but w/e.

You guys signed Hurns which is a cheap deal and his numbers are actually not bad. 26 years old and had somewhat comparable numbers to Watkins who you were after originally.

Does this mean Dez is gone? You like this? Thoughts?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
You guys signed Hurns which is a cheap deal and his numbers are actually not bad. 26 years old and had somewhat comparable numbers to Watkins who you were after originally.

Does this mean Dez is gone? You like this? Thoughts?

Think Dez stays. Cole Beasley probably gets moved. Williams could get traded
I like their off-season for once. Fleming at RT, hurns etc.

Hurns gives us size, especially if he plays in the spot here and there

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Think Dez stays. Cole Beasley probably gets moved. Williams could get traded
I like their off-season for once. Fleming at RT, hurns etc.

Hurns gives us size, especially if he plays in the spot here and there

Ya some competition in camp will help weed the odd man out, keeping Dez is a smart play, give Dak as many weapons as possible. Definitely added some size and speed in Hurns (6'3) and a beast in Fleming. 6'6, 320??!?? What do these boys eat? Looks like they freed up some cap space and filled a couple holes.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Ya some competition in camp will help weed the odd man out, keeping Dez is a smart play, give Dak as many weapons as possible. Definitely added some size and speed in Hurns (6'3) and a beast in Fleming. 6'6, 320??!?? What do these boys eat? Looks like they freed up some cap space and filled a couple holes.

Definitely signals defense in the draft which is fine by me with maybe depth at rb and ol

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Indeed, I still feel we need a shutdown lefthanded reliever. Vladdy and BB will hopefully tear up AA.

For sure. Hate to say it but we may trade Donaldson, maybe we can get a reliever and nice 1B or 2B prospect. Outfield has some nice young pieces.
Probably need to sign a decent starting pitcher once Estrada and Happ move on but I like youth and where we will be in 2 years. Finally, multiple years of good Blue Jays baseball since the dark era. (DOC being the lone spotlight)

Reactions: Optimus Reim

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
For sure. Hate to say it but we may trade Donaldson, maybe we can get a reliever and nice 1B or 2B prospect. Outfield has some nice young pieces.
Probably need to sign a decent starting pitcher once Estrada and Happ move on but I like youth and where we will be in 2 years. Finally, multiple years of good Blue Jays baseball since the dark era. (DOC being the lone spotlight)
There is a good outcome to the Donaldson situation, some people don't realize this. We trade him and get good stuff in return. We sign him and keep our all star 3B. Or we lose him at free agency, and Vladdy gets his opportunity to shine.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
First pitch of Marlins season turns into homer against. Its going to be a loooooooong season. If they win more than 40 I will be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad