OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Clippers EASILY win that trade.

Blake Griffin isnt worth all that.

Much more, I know they are exploring to move Jordan BUT, if the Clips stand pat and hold on to Avery Bradley, a defense of Beverly, Bradley, and DJ is NASTY defensively. Absolutely NASTY.

By the way @SoupyFIN, pardon me for butchering his name as I dont want to google it, Markkannen is insanely impressive.

Size, and his ability to move his feet, he is going to very very good.

I hope the Bulls dont squander him as he is "build around your team" good in my opinion.

Reactions: Rahooji

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
By the way @SoupyFIN, pardon me for butchering his name as I dont want to google it, Markkannen is insanely impressive.

Size, and his ability to move his feet, he is going to very very good.

I hope the Bulls dont squander him as he is "build around your team" good in my opinion.
Well it sure looks they're invested in his development, he's been a starter in every game he's played and Hoiberg hasn't properly benched him either even when he's struggled. I expected him to be inconsistent this year, since he's never played even close to this amount of games in a season.

I do find it a bit funny that the nosy American media hasn't figured out his fiancee is expected to give birth any day now (stayed in Chicago for "personal reasons"), it was in the news here months ago lol.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Well it sure looks they're invested in his development, he's been a starter in every game he's played and Hoiberg hasn't properly benched him either even when he's struggled. I expected him to be inconsistent this year, since he's never played even close to this amount of games in a season.

I do find it a bit funny that the nosy American media hasn't figured out his fiancee is expected to give birth any day now (stayed in Chicago for "personal reasons"), it was in the news here months ago lol.

Oh wow. Thats a shock. Woj doesnt care lol.

I want him to play with a pass first PG who can defend and spot up.

A slashing SG. An all around 3. And a rim protecting 5.

That would be an awesome build for him.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Just reading through the Philly Super Bowl GDT. I'm a Cowboy's fan, and I know most of you guys are Dolphins fans. It's just great to fantasize and think, what if the amazing happened and my team got their **** together and that were us. My #1 sports dream would be for the Panthers to win the Stanley Cup, but #2 would probably be for Jerry Jones to give up control and the Cowboys get different ownership and they win a Super Bowl. Well, maybe that tied with the Marlins winning the World series. :)
But man, it just gave me goose bumps reading through that GDT, and thinking, what if that happened to us?....

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Just reading through the Philly Super Bowl GDT. I'm a Cowboy's fan, and I know most of you guys are Dolphins fans. It's just great to fantasize and think, what if the amazing happened and my team got their **** together and that were us. My #1 sports dream would be for the Panthers to win the Stanley Cup, but #2 would probably be for Jerry Jones to give up control and the Cowboys get different ownership and they win a Super Bowl. Well, maybe that tied with the Marlins winning the World series. :)
But man, it just gave me goose bumps reading through that GDT, and thinking, what if that happened to us?....

won't happen under Jerry/Garrett. I've given up on that happening anytime soon.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Yeah, I know. Sigh.
Life of a Cowboys' fan. Artificial glass ceiling.

So many question marks this offseason, too.

Dak, real or one year wonder?
Lawrence and his health now being an UFA?
Irving possibly being shopped via tender.
Speed/talent at TE/WR
Can we depend on Lee and Smith for next year?
Slump for any of the rookie defensive backs?

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Would love to dump Tannehill and trade for Foles. Would even give up our 1st for Foles because it's not like the Dolphins will do anything useful with the pick anyways.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Would love to dump Tannehill and trade for Foles. Would even give up our 1st for Foles because it's not like the Dolphins will do anything useful with the pick anyways.

I want them to draft Mayfield.

Off the field and some maturity issues aside, I really think he can be a very good QB.

Wouldn't give up a first for Foles.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I’m not into the new Heat Jersey. It looks kind of Jackie Moon-ish. The players should call other teams Jive Turkeys.

You’re probably too young to remember the Heat’s (& Panthers’) original home and it’s marquee. If you did, you’d have made the connection immediately and LOVE these jerseys.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
You’re probably too young to remember the Heat’s (& Panthers’) original home and it’s marquee. If you did, you’d have made the connection immediately and LOVE these jerseys.

I attended the opening games for both teams. John Sundvold was a good friend of mine. Your right though, I never put together the Jersey look with the Miami Arena neon sign. It still looks like something a jive turkey would wear imo. Hey, they are my team and if they want to win ugly that’s their choice. It’s still nicer than the El’ Heat ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->