ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - New Adidas Jersey Unveiling 6/20 (Teaser Posted) - Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
PX will likely not remove both nameplates and numbers. I think once upon a time they replayed a nameplate for me $25.

When I had a black Reebok changed from an extra Knuble to a Leino, they wouldn't remove the nameplate... but I convinced them to place a new one over the old for about the same $25 cost... came out pretty good... but one corner you could tell it was overlaid as the foldover was a tad disable. They were reluctant to remove original name plate for fear of damaging jersey... per VSZ.

... upon afterthought not long thereafter, I regretted not keeping the Reebok extra Knuble -- one of my all-time favorite Flyers -- and since I had Leino autograph it, I couldn't remove the new overlay.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
This might come off as a dumb question, but I'm genuinely not sure of the correct way. How do you guys wash your jerseys? I'm terrified of throwing them in the washer in fear that they will pull. A guy in the row behind me spilled salsa all over the name tag and 5 on my Gostisbehere jersey.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This might come off as a dumb question, but I'm genuinely not sure of the correct way. How do you guys wash your jerseys? I'm terrified of throwing them in the washer in fear that they will pull. A guy in the row behind me spilled salsa all over the name tag and 5 on my Gostisbehere jersey.

Good lord. I bet this authentic fan had a bunch of salsa in the hair framing the underside of his face, am I right? What a pig - sorry for your sweater. What I can tell you is that club soda always works well for stains, to loosen them if nothing else, but I'm worried that you may have waited a little long to treat it. Salt also works well to pull stains out of fabric, but I don't know if it would harm the material at all - I seriously doubt it would hurt anything.

Reactions: Rebels57

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

Personally I spot clean isolated areas as much as possible... rather than full washing... I like to use some brand of Oxy cleansers... as soon as I get home... and blotting with water as soon as possible before I get home... making sure not to rub in the stains. OXY almost always does the trick.

HTH

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I have washed my Reebok jerseys in the washing machine with normal cheer for years. I have't had any issue - other than... Be aware that you may get a minor crease in the front logo. It is unavoidable if you throw it in the washer. As it moves around in the washer, and the water goes in and out, it is going to happen. Hand washing would be the only way around that, if you were careful.

I do not put them in the dryer, though. I lay them on a drying rack, and pick them up the next day

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Just received my Provorov customized jersey from CoolHockey and they used a mesh nameplate. Are the Flyers now using mesh? Or are they switching over? My Reebok custom jersey was Twill.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I think it is the way the new jerseys are done. At least from what I have read from others. I haven't seen one in person yet, since I am down here in TX. I think I still prefer the Reebok jerseys, from what I have seen in photos....

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
@Hollywood Couturier,

This is what it looks like. Do the numbers look right?
iYpjMq2.jpg

TckTHfq.jpg

VpZRYil.jpg

UCDu5YX.jpg

Last edited:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Anywhere i can still get a Stadium Series jersey? Looking for an XL Provy or Simmonds.

I see a provorov jersey on nhl shop for 125.99 but i have a coupon code where i can get it for 113...are these quality ?

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
So... they use kisscut numbers now so the type of lettering is wrong.

Also, the font that they use for the name is wrong too.

But hey, if you’re happy with it that’s really all that matters.
Thanks.

I knew stuff was off and I couldn't put my finger on it.

I think I'm going to see if they will give me a return and refund.

For anyone else looking to get CoolHockey jerseys, you can see my example before ordering.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks.

I knew stuff was off and I couldn't put my finger on it.

I think I'm going to see if they will give me a return and refund.

For anyone else looking to get CoolHockey jerseys, you can see my example before ordering.
It’s not necessarily a CoolHockey issue as it’s more of a entire NHL issue.

The Flyers and NHLPA give a font package for all of these companies and that’s what they all use with regards to all licensed retailers.

The reason that i harp on people using PX is because they legitimately are the ONLY ones that can do it 100% proper.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
It’s not necessarily a CoolHockey issue as it’s more of a entire NHL issue.

The Flyers and NHLPA give a font package for all of these companies and that’s what they all use with regards to all licensed retailers.

The reason that i harp on people using PX is because they legitimately are the ONLY ones that can do it 100% proper.
I think I’m going to use blanks going forward and get them done at the SkateZone.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I think I’m going to use blanks going forward and get them done at the SkateZone.

Good plan... that's what I do... unless I get a good deal at WFC where they are also done by PX.

When I can get the odd cheap Blank I'm ahead of the game as VSZ does it reasonably and last season I even got a STM 10% discount... but not sure it's still given there off the 50th Season.

In any case, my jerseys turn out fantastic.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Hey, all:
I'm looking for an 11-12 authentic jersey, but I haven't been able to find one in my searches.

I think all the Reebok Edge 2.0 jerseys were the same through last season, right? In other words, am I good if I can find any 7287/Made in Canada?

I'm looking for size 52 but could maybe deal with a 50. Anyone know of a source?

eBay / Jersey Baron didn't have any.

Thanks for any leads.​

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I managed to get the Claude Giroux player worn and signed Carnival jersey last night on the Meigray auction :) - Much better price than the Hockey Fights Cancer worn and signed one cost me last year. Anyway, can't wait to get it in hand soon :)

BA8diI6.jpg

fDYG2pZ.jpg

It will go well with this one :)

pJgRdVc.jpg

9dnm52K.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad