ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - New Adidas Jersey Unveiling 6/20 (Teaser Posted) - Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just received a customized jersey from CoolHockey.com. I gambled on Patrick wearing number 19 and was able to get this premier jersey with the customization for $69.99.

Does the placement of the numbers on the sleeves look okay? I don't really have a lot of good customized jerseys. Everything else looks great in my eyes.

How were you able to get it that cheap?

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
How were you able to get it that cheap?

It was on sale for $49.99 with $30 customization. I had the Welcome10 coupon that took $10 off any purchase of $75 or more. The price has increased on both since.

Do the numbers on the sleeve look okay?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It was on sale for $49.99 with $30 customization. I had the Welcome10 coupon that took $10 off any purchase of $75 or more. The price has increased on both since.

Do the numbers on the sleeve look okay?

Hollywood would be able to answer that one better for ya. Looks good to me though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's pretty tough to tell from the pictures.

I don't really notice anything screamingly off about the number placement from those pictures but it's tough to tell.

The Canuck

Feb 22, 2017
I'm also a Philly fan. I have been a big fan of the Flyers still LoD. I love G. Thinking about getting a Ghost / Proporov jersey...who do you think seems more like a lifer Flyer?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm also a Philly fan. I have been a big fan of the Flyers still LoD. I love G. Thinking about getting a Ghost / Proporov jersey...who do you think seems more like a lifer Flyer?

Ghost just signed a 6 year extension this past summer so he is also a safe pick.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
It's pretty tough to tell from the pictures.

I don't really notice anything screamingly off about the number placement from those pictures but it's tough to tell.

Thanks. Yeah. It looks pretty good. I think I'm just over-thinking it. Everything else looks really nice. The numbers aren't overlapping like 28 does on my home jersey. I don't think anyone else would notice it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I bought a Mike Ricci with basically every single dollar I had in the world. Then the Lindros trade happened. And it wasn't the first time something like that happened. I'm a terrible jinx. If you don't have that problem, I'd say either of them would be fine. If you are a terrible jinx, I'd say you are still safe with Provy.

Reactions: The Canuck

The Canuck

Feb 22, 2017
Ghost just signed a 6 year extension this past summer so he is also a safe pick.
Yeah I was thinking that too. Ghost
I bought a Mike Ricci with basically every single dollar I had in the world. Then the Lindros trade happened. And it wasn't the first time something like that happened. I'm a terrible jinx. If you don't have that problem, I'd say either of them would be fine. If you are a terrible jinx, I'd say you are still safe with Provy.

I'm a Canuck first and foremost so I'm a walking jinx.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Thanks. Yeah. It looks pretty good. I think I'm just over-thinking it. Everything else looks really nice. The numbers aren't overlapping like 28 does on my home jersey. I don't think anyone else would notice it.

I agree with HC that it is hard to tell with that pic... but FWIW, if it makes you feel any better... the number 28 would naturally overlap the arm stripe more on the Flyers Home/Away jerseys... due to the 2 being wider than the 1.

Hope you enjoy that sweet jersey in health and joy.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Got my gamer pre-order in today for the year.

Konecny's Orange Set One, which should be worn until Mid-December.

Why Konecny? I'm getting married on November 11th of this year and the Flyers have a game that day against the Minnesota Wild. My first date with my wife to be was to a Flyers game....against the Minnesota Wild. So my Fiance told me to get a gamer from the game either #11 or #17 (11/11/17).

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I was fine with the switch to Adidas... in the transition and minimal change... The big consistant change to all Teams was the collar.

While not in love with the Adidas collar, I was okay with it basically, and could live with it... in expectation of it growing on me as time passed.

All that said... I don't think I ever really got a good and clear view of the collar as a whole. Last night while they were interviewing Simmonds I got a better view -- kep in mind that I have attended two PreSeason Games and watch the warm-ups up close... and I did see them on the rack and in my hands -- Until the Simmonds interview I had never noticed the awkward transition at the very top of the shoulders... it looks good head on, minus the new bib like appearance of the NHL Logo, and it looks fine from the back... BUT... the odd looking designed transition from the front to the rear to be unappealing to me.

Does it bother anyone else?... I imagine that I will get by it... and have to admit that I hadn't noticed it before last night.

... Now here is the weird part... I went to Google Search and looked at the images... I could only find the Home Jerseys... and no image depicted the awkward collar transition.

Could it be possible that it is only with the Road Whites... which would explain why I had not noticed it before at the Games and on the Racks.

Could the Home and Away have different collar patterns?... Anybody know?... Have I gone totally insane?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
bf57d3c17-1.jpg

Found an image that shows it somewhat... look how abruptly changes from white to black... That is different than the Home Orange where it continues all around the collar... am I correct?

So the Homes and Aways are different... and that explains it.

Last edited:

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Modells has a 25or10 coupon that works on the Authentic Adidas Jerseys. Not sure what the customization will be.

25or10

$168.75 for a Ghost, Provorov, or Konecny Jersey.

You could also use it to get an Adidas Practice Jersey for $90.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Modells has a 25or10 coupon that works on the Authentic Adidas Jerseys. Not sure what the customization will be.

25or10

$168.75 for a Ghost, Provorov, or Konecny Jersey.

You could also use it to get an Adidas Practice Jersey for $90.

Price is more than reasonable... if customization is On-Ice quality.

BUT... if Modells history holds true... they have had singl-ply iron-on numbers that are smaller than Flyers wear... also have used master NamePlate that stays same size no matter name length.

If Modells authorizes their own customization... and goes the cheap route... I'd expect the same as before... and would rather buy Blanks from them to take to SkateZone to have PhillyExpress do it up. That way you save on Jersey, I imagine, and get On-Ice quality customization.

... With Modells selling Adidas Authentics along with WFC Store... I wonder just how Fanatics comes into play with the Replicas... Possibly they manufacture their own Replicas with cheap customization, and sell them on their WebSite as well as other places for people who really want to cut cost and don't care about quality... only spend as little as possible???

DrMondo

Nov 23, 2016
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around and I appreciate all the input. I'm just interested in a white Rangers jersey ( I saw a '94 one on coolhockey.com under "Vintage". Boy, does that make me feel old!!) . I just want a replica with customization (Mike Gartner is my favorite player). Do these sites actually do the Rangers customizations the proper way? I see so many pictures where the numbers don't have that proper "3D" look...or the name isn't curved over the number, etc. Any thoughts you have is appreciated!

Thanks!!

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Has anyone been to the Skatezone recently? It’s a disaster getting them on the phone. They posted a photo on their Instagram of a Ghost and Simmonds Adidas jersey, but curious to know what their stock is. Ideally looking for a Provorov road, but would settle for the home.

My girlfriend got us tickets to the home opener, so we’re coming down for the weekend. Want to know if it’s worth the trip out there.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Has anyone been to the Skatezone recently? It’s a disaster getting them on the phone. They posted a photo on their Instagram of a Ghost and Simmonds Adidas jersey, but curious to know what their stock is. Ideally looking for a Provorov road, but would settle for the home.

My girlfriend got us tickets to the home opener, so we’re coming down for the weekend. Want to know if it’s worth the trip out there.

Majority of the jerseys in the Stadium SHOULD be customized by Philly Express so what you'll get at the Skate Zone is what you'll get at the stadium.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There's a 25% off coupon on Fanatics.com that says that it excludes NHL jerseys.... it doesn't.

The code still works so if you wanna get one of these Adidas jerseys you can get them for $135.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Just received my Adidas jersey from Modell's. It's pretty good quality. It's the same customization as my Claude Giroux jersey from Adidas.com

Stitching looks good... if number size is correct and NamePlate is correct -- not generic over-sized one -- then that certainly is a fine price... both compared to WFC and to past Reebok Authentic... or, for that matter, even Replica.

WTG!!!

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Stitching looks good... if number size is correct and NamePlate is correct -- not generic over-sized one -- then that certainly is a fine price... both compared to WFC and to past Reebok Authentic... or, for that matter, even Replica.

WTG!!!
The C is suspiciously small on the Claude Giroux Jersey.

The nameplate matches up with the name on both Giroux and Provorov.

I think this is what all Adidas factory pre-made jerseys.

Single-stitched. I’m not sure what the WFC ones look like. I haven’t seen a picture of one yet.

Reactions: Sawdalite

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Got my Adizero jersey this weekend.

Is it lesser quality than Canadian made? Yes
It is overpriced? Probably
Is it better than the Reebok premiers? Absolutely.
How’s the fit? The best I’ve had for a hockey jersey.

The WFC does have their Adidas jerseys done by Philly Express. This one was from the Skatezone however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->