OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Got this in over the weekend: Frank Breault 92-93 Utica Devils game worn jersey. Some nice wear on this jersey and this was the first and only year Utica wore red, white and black to match their parent club. The following season they would move to Albany and become the River Rats.

36033815054_457e058157_c.jpg

36033814874_c25959150b_c.jpg

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I assume exclusive pro doesn't email me at all till they're done? sent her in july 16th.

That's my understanding. I sent mine in July 20th and haven't heard anything yet. I'm pretty sure I've read it takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks for orders to be filled.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I assume exclusive pro doesn't email me at all till they're done? sent her in july 16th.

That's my understanding. I sent mine in July 20th and haven't heard anything yet. I'm pretty sure I've read it takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks for orders to be filled.

Email them to follow up. Only knock on them is their communication process could definitely be better. Had to email them to confirm that they received my jersey when I sent it. When I reached out to follow up after about 2 months of not hearing anything, they said it was ready and they'd ship it out. Think you just gotta respectfully push them a bit for updates/answers.

Give it another week or two before following up. It is a busy time of year for them so keep that in mind as well.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Yeah they take a little time depending on how busy they are. This is actually their busiest time of year as they are ramping up to do all of the NFL and NHL jerseys for the upcoming seasons. I think I waited 14 weeks for it last time I sent in during the summer, and they told me that January to April or so is really the best time to send it. I think I only waited 6 weeks this year when I sent it in middle of March.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
EPS received my jersey on 7/21. I do not expect anything until 9/15 as like Colin said this is their busiest time of the year.

Rad Dude83

Jun 23, 2013
Jersey
thanks for the replies. I am in no rush to get the jersey. it just feels weird sending an expensive jersey to a place and not hearing anything from them. I will live. I still have my parise authentic :)

DevsFan84

Jul 31, 2007
Question for everyone- I have an old school (early 90's, I think) Devils equipment bag and also a christmas tree shell. Almost positive they are authentic, but I wouldn't even know where to go to confirm that, or if they have any value. Could anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks!

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yeah they take a little time depending on how busy they are. This is actually their busiest time of year as they are ramping up to do all of the NFL and NHL jerseys for the upcoming seasons. I think I waited 14 weeks for it last time I sent in during the summer, and they told me that January to April or so is really the best time to send it. I think I only waited 6 weeks this year when I sent it in middle of March.

I have a couple blanks I'd like to have customized for Christmas gifts, but given the longer lead times EP has this time of year, I'm looking for other options. Does anyone have a recommendation of where else I could send the jerseys to?

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I have a couple blanks I'd like to have customized for Christmas gifts, but given the longer lead times EP has this time of year, I'm looking for other options. Does anyone have a recommendation of where else I could send the jerseys to?

If it is just two jerseys and they are Devils, they should have them back before Christmas if you send them now. No guarantees but he should.

Keener is another option as he has a faster turnaround time, but he is up in Canada so shipping can be a little killer.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA

I'd check with Dorholt Customs to see his turnaround time. Charlie has done absolutely beautiful work for me multiple times.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Might be an expensive proposition if you aren't actually going to use the gear, but ProStockHockey.com got a batch of Devils game used goalie gear.

Cory+Schneider+Eg5XWhjwVU0m.jpg

Picked up a pair of Schneider leg pads from this past season. 36" is probably a smidge too tall for me (currently using 34"+1.5"), but I'm hoping the pads "shrunk" a bit as they're known to do with heavy use.

Site has had a decent selection in the past for pro return gloves (ie, unused) as well. Picked up a pair of Jagr gloves a few years back, but decided they were too nice to use. So I ordered a similar pair of Henrique gloves.

Forgot to thank you for posting this. I have been searching for new goalie pants for like 2 years now and just could not find anything that fit so I continued to use my old pants that I've used since my freshman year of high school that were literally falling apart. Picked up a pair of old Hedberg pants and they have been awesome. Appreciate it!

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I got a game worn Devils jersey for sale. Am I allowed to post it in here? Wanted to know before posting. Thanks!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Forgot to thank you for posting this. I have been searching for new goalie pants for like 2 years now and just could not find anything that fit so I continued to use my old pants that I've used since my freshman year of high school that were literally falling apart. Picked up a pair of old Hedberg pants and they have been awesome. Appreciate it!

Nice! Until recently, I was still using the pants I've had since 2004 in most games. I've tried several pairs over the years, but nothing felt right. Forcing myself to break in a set of CCM pants right now.

21728603_10105313111174444_8125058881444571115_o.jpg

Finally broke out the Schneider pads tonight. They fit alright, although the landing gear is probably an inch too high for me. But considering these were made for a 6'2 goalie and I'm 5'10 on a good day. Pads definitely felt different than my other Vaughns. Absorbed the shots much better, but on the flip side I didn't have a great feel for where the contact was being made. But I suppose that makes sense given NHL shots vs. beer league shots.

I was trying to mimic a photo of Schneider in the butterfly with these pads and inadvertently photo matched the pads.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If you've sent in to EPS for customization, it's going to be some time yet. I received this today from Josh. I sent in two jerseys around mid-July.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Going to be a bit is all we can tell everyone right now. Our fall deliveries for team sets came very late this year so we are inundated producing team sets for teams to get On Ice. Once teams are playing we should be back to a more normal production schedule. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you

Joshua Kliebe
Exclusive Pro Sports

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Aside from the Team Shop, or ordering online, is there anywhere I can get a Hischier jersey in a store? Anyone seen them at a Modells, Sports Authority or Dick's?

Rad Dude83

Jun 23, 2013
Jersey
got my jersey back fro ep the other day. did a great job with the palmieri stitching. but damn I prefer the indo edges over the 2.0s I guess it's because they are more comfy. 2.0 feels cheap.
how much does it cost to just get rid of a name plate? and why are the a's different. I know ep font is bigger. which one is right? thanks and not sorry for being annoying.
qzUyTpu.jpg

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
For the few of you who have used both, which company is better for sewing letters/numbers, Dorholt or Exlusive Pro? Or is there a 3rd, better option? Have an old red CCM/KOHO is want to Elias-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad