OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nice!

I picked up a Windsor jersey a few years back when I saw a game there. Getting that customized with Henrique or Hall has been on my secondary to do list.

Right now I think my priority list to get customized:

Reebok red&green: Elias
Pro Player white: Sykora
CCM red&green: Brodeur
Koho red: Rafalski? Langenbrunner? Brylin? Mogilny?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I was able to pick up a white CCM jersey for less than $20 on ebay. Now I have to debate to myself who I get it lettered with, Madden or Rafalski.

My nickname probably gives it away, but I've wanted to get a Rafalski jersey for some time. Decisions, decisions.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I was able to pick up a white CCM jersey for less than $20 on ebay. Now I have to debate to myself who I get it lettered with, Madden or Rafalski.

My nickname probably gives it away, but I've wanted to get a Rafalski jersey for some time. Decisions, decisions.

Rafalski's are rare these days. I love seeing one when walking the concourse.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I'm sending in a blank road jersey to get Nico stitched on but I'm not sure of the difference between layered and reverse kiss cut style. Does anyone know which style our reeboks were?

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I'm sending in a blank road jersey to get Nico stitched on but I'm not sure of the difference between layered and reverse kiss cut style. Does anyone know which style our reeboks were?

All Devils jerseys in all eras were layered style.

The difference is how the materials are cut and layered for the lettering. Layered is exactly that; for the Devils home the white inner layer is placed and stitched on top of the outer and lower black layer.

A few teams use kiss cut like the Penguins, Caps and Avalanche. For example the Caps home jersey is the inner white layer is placed first as the lowest layer. Then the outer blue "border" or edge is then cut to fit right on top of the white layer. The advantages of this is less materials and a more textured look. The disadvantages of it is that it takes a little longer to sew due to the intricacies. Colorado actually uses a bit of both on their jerseys where they have kiss cut on top of layered. I believe this hybrid is sometimes called "semi-kiss cut."

Layered:

top_ij_big.jpg

Kiss cut:

DCXvTtUXgAESR3m.jpg

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Went to the store today. No Devils authentics left, only replicas.

Asked my cousin on Friday to drop by the store for me. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I got a text at 9:01pm saying he got there a minute after they closed. Oh well, last thing I need is another jersey. Hoping he can stop by today and do some early holiday shopping for me, but maybe that shipping option is the easier route.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Asked my cousin on Friday to drop by the store for me. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I got a text at 9:01pm saying he got there a minute after they closed. Oh well, last thing I need is another jersey. Hoping he can stop by today and do some early holiday shopping for me, but maybe that shipping option is the easier route.

The only issue I would have with online purchase is whether you receive a jersey without flaws. I bought two premieres and when I was checking out, noticed a smudge of some sort on the logo. Fortunately I was able to pick out another before I left.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
I got 4 blanks and 1 Severson.

Customization options are limited now as they have run out of the #1 and letters A,H,W, and a couple others that I forgot.

Just need to find a good place to send the blanks...

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I got 4 blanks and 1 Severson.

Customization options are limited now as they have run out of the #1 and letters A,H,W, and a couple others that I forgot.

Just need to find a good place to send the blanks...

Exclusive pro sports out of Rockford, IL. They are the ones who do the lettering for the jerseys the Devils players wear on-ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad