OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Coolhockey has customized Premier jerseys for $99, current players as well as Stevens, Niedermayer, Holik, etc. Clearing out the Reebok stock.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Got this in a few days ago and forgot to post it: Kevin Todd 1991-92 Red set 1 game worn jersey. The set 1's this year didn't have the Custom Crafted set stamps but the set 2's did. Has heavy wear with repairs, puck/stick marks, and unrepaired holes. Ultrafil material and features the NHL 75th patch and the Devils 10th Anniversary patch. Have it photomatched to the marks (that have faded a bit) on the 14 on the left arm to one of his hockey cards. Really happy to have this as this is a really tough set to get.

34187003650_3c356d4e87_c.jpg

34187003590_4fc7a069a9_c.jpg

34187003490_f1f963a8e6_c.jpg

34187003390_ea89e93756_c.jpg

34187003290_e43756c25e_b.jpg

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Alright guys I'm looking for some input here. Am I being nit-picky or should I complain?

I ordered customization from Exclusive Pro to make a Brodeur jersey for me, and we all know they do great work. The goal is to have this signed and custom-framed up nicely with some other memorabilia. Expensive stuff but it's something I've always wanted.

But I just got the jersey back and it appears to have been tugged a bit during the nameplate stitching. There's now this little "peak" sticking up in the middle (not a defective jersey, trust me) and I don't know.. it'll kind of bother me to see that on there when I look at the jersey. But it's not overly huge either and I tend to dwell on little details.

Am I crazy to ask that they re-do it? I've checked my 10 other jerseys done by them and while the nameplates aren't all "perfect", none have this type of issue. If it was a jersey I was wearing, then whatever. But it'll be flat, framed, and hung up on a wall. And I'll see it.

21l2y3c.jpg

Zoomed in
2wqvak7.png

Last edited:

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
It might be how the jersey was made. A lot of replicas have really bad QC over the past few years, especially on the CCM Vintage line. I got a replica CCM Vintage line jersey a couple years back or so that was still in the factory bag and it had a hole in one of the seams of the sleeves.

If it is because EPS didn't sew it on straight, I wouldn't be too bothered by it. A lot of the gamers I have the nameplate is sewn on crooked or imperfect.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
It might be how the jersey was made. A lot of replicas have really bad QC over the past few years, especially on the CCM Vintage line. I got a replica CCM Vintage line jersey a couple years back or so that was still in the factory bag and it had a hole in one of the seams of the sleeves.

If it is because EPS didn't sew it on straight, I wouldn't be too bothered by it. A lot of the gamers I have the nameplate is sewn on crooked or imperfect.

Yeah I'm thinking that I'll mention it to the jersey framer and see if they can adjust it when mounting the jersey so that it's a straighter line. It's the kind of small detail no one will notice, but I'll see it everyday and be like "Why can't I have nice things?!?"

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Got this one in yesterday: Joe Nieuwendyk 2001-02 White set 3 game worn jersey. Has nice wear throughout the entire jersey and especially on the arms. I did not see any evidence of a nameplate change as I figured with the wear it was possibly a recycled Arnott, but I have to see if it was possibly used in the playoffs that year. Still an awesome jersey and happy to have it!

34770655230_5e7c1facb2_c.jpg

34770647640_8a05646f93_c.jpg

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Alright guys I'm looking for some input here. Am I being nit-picky or should I complain?

I ordered customization from Exclusive Pro to make a Brodeur jersey for me, and we all know they do great work. The goal is to have this signed and custom-framed up nicely with some other memorabilia. Expensive stuff but it's something I've always wanted.

But I just got the jersey back and it appears to have been tugged a bit during the nameplate stitching. There's now this little "peak" sticking up in the middle (not a defective jersey, trust me) and I don't know.. it'll kind of bother me to see that on there when I look at the jersey. But it's not overly huge either and I tend to dwell on little details.

Am I crazy to ask that they re-do it? I've checked my 10 other jerseys done by them and while the nameplates aren't all "perfect", none have this type of issue. If it was a jersey I was wearing, then whatever. But it'll be flat, framed, and hung up on a wall. And I'll see it.

21l2y3c.jpg

Zoomed in
2wqvak7.png

Nothing a black sharpie couldn't take of. ;)

Seriously, I'd be doing just what you are ... dwelling on a small detail. Others might not see it, but I will. Every time. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
if I were you id send that bodeur back and have them fix it. just know that is like that would drive me crazy. You paid for it to be done why shouldn't it be done the right way?

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
if I were you id send that bodeur back and have them fix it. just know that is like that would drive me crazy. You paid for it to be done why shouldn't it be done the right way?

Agreed. Plus, if you've bought a bunch from them previously they should be more than happy to fix it (not that they wouldn't anyway but it helps if you're a frequent customer). Best of luck.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Thanks guys I appreciate the support. I went into my closet like 10 times today just to see if maybe it wouldn't stand out to me as much, but it is. So I laid it out in a well-lit room and took the photo below. You can clearly see how the black fabric on the left side of the CCM logo is laying flat, while the black fabric on the right side of the logo is bubbling a bit. I just honestly think whomever was sewing down the nameplate pushed up the red fabric ever so slightly to create this.

nbp46q.jpg

I'm in contact with Josh over at Exclusive Pro. He seems sure it's an issue with the jersey, but he's open to having it sent back and taking a closer look. I basically told him that, regardless of who is "at fault", let's just try and make it look good.

Will post back once this is all said and done!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Alright I promised an update on the jersey. So my mother-in-law is an avid quilt maker and has a very elaborate sewing machine. I gave the jersey to her and in about 15 minutes she was able to fix it.

The issue was that they had pulled up the tag on the inside of the jersey when stitching on the nameplate, and it pulled a bit of the red jersey fabric up, as I suspected.

I'll still use Exclusive Pro for my jerseys as long as they are the Devils' official supplier, but I have to say I was very disappointed with their customer service. Not once would Josh Kliebe (he runs the show there) admit they may have caused the issue. In numerous back and forth emails he insisted the jersey was manufactured incorrectly. He showed zero humility and wouldn't even entertain the notion that maybe it could have been his company's fault, though if I shipped it back he said he would "take a look". So I didn't have total faith that he would put his ego aside to get the job done right.

Anyway, here she is all fixed and ready to be signed/framed:

2afyl5h.jpg

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Got this in the other day and very happy about it. Dave Andreychuk 96-97 Red Set 1 game worn jersey. Used to own this one but sold it one year ago. When it was made available again I jumped to get this back as I regretted selling it. Very happy with it and pretty good wear on this jersey. The jersey is stamped 95-96 playoff set, but since the Devils missed the playoffs in 95-96 on the last game of the year, they just recycled these to be used as set 1 for the 96-97 season.

34594268633_751c925298_c.jpg

34594268783_9a72e26c59_c.jpg

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Anyone ever buy a replica jersey from devilsfanshop.com. Just came across site doing a google search on a Patrik Elias jersey. thanks

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Got this in the other day and very happy about it. Dave Andreychuk 96-97 Red Set 1 game worn jersey. Used to own this one but sold it one year ago. When it was made available again I jumped to get this back as I regretted selling it. Very happy with it and pretty good wear on this jersey. The jersey is stamped 95-96 playoff set, but since the Devils missed the playoffs in 95-96 on the last game of the year, they just recycled these to be used as set 1 for the 96-97 season.

34594268633_751c925298_c.jpg

34594268783_9a72e26c59_c.jpg

I have to ask. Do you wear all these jerseys to games? Or do you just collect them?

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
If merely needing one nameplate swapped out for a new one, does anyone have suggestions for a reasonable option?

I have lots of stuff from coolhockey but apparently they are going through a big inventory reconciliation at the moment (no doubt due to the switch over to adidas) and they're not doing the 'send your jersey' type of customization right now.

I tried calling icejerseys a number of times too but no one seems to be minding the phone, perpetual hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad