OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part 5

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Do you remember who you bought it from? fullmoonjerseys has them (L) for $39.99 but with a heat pressed captains C on the front. Only XL is available without the C.

That's who I bought it from. I got the XL size, and I'm swimming in it, but I think if you ask Dorholt, they can remove the "C, especially if it's heat pressed, but I don't want to make any guarantees

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Has anyone ordered a Kovalchuk jersey from fullmoonjerseys on eBay? Just wondering if the nameplate is sewn on or heat pressed.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
That's who I bought it from. I got the XL size, and I'm swimming in it, but I think if you ask Dorholt, they can remove the "C, especially if it's heat pressed, but I don't want to make any guarantees

I can confirm that Dorholt will remove the C. Had this done to a Parise jersey I ordered from the same seller and it looks good. There's still a VERY faint imprint of the C on the position it used to be in, but it's only noticeable up close and looks like it will disappear if we get a good rain (or in a trip to the wash, whichever comes first).

I'm sad to say that I'm not entirely sure whether the name plates on those fullmoonjerseys are heat pressed - I didn't want to bear witness to the name that it came equipped with and only looked to make certain that it had "Reebok" spelled out as opposed to the swoosh logo (for consistency with what Hall will be wearing :)), and to check if it had a C. Looks like the number is stitched if nothing else so maybe the nameplates are too.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Has anyone ever ordered from aliexpress? Would you recommend them?

If you want an obvious fake for $25, aliexpress is fine. Be forewarned the red on the jersey will look more like a magenta color in the arena. The fonts for the numbers will be wrong. The stitching will likely be crooked. The Devils crest will be wavy. Did I miss anything?

Trust me on this. I ordered one - ONCE. Never again.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm telling you guys, Icejerseys or Coolhockey. yes, they are more than the ~$30 knock offs but you are paying ~$130 or whatever for quality work.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Decided on getting a Palmieri jersey for my next purchase. Silly to get an 'A' on it? Could have sworn he wore it a few times last season.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Does anyone where/if I can find a blank 91-92 white Christmas tree CCM jersey with the color CCM on the back instead of the black and white CCM? Also, what WERE the actual CCM colors? Were they red C and blue M? I've seen variations but I'm pretty sure this is right:

http://s9.postimage.org/gtdvb58lb/jersey_pre_sewn.jpg (from a poster on this board)

I'll find out for sure tomorrow I guess at the game. :)

Last edited:

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
ESPN article posted on BoH:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/17890933/nhl-signs-16-year-deal-fanatics-replica-jerseys-stanley-cup-champion-apparel

The NHL has signed a deal with Fanatics, the nation's largest online seller of licensed sports apparel, giving the company the exclusive right to make NHL fan-replica jerseys as well as all quick-turnaround products, including official Stanley Cup-champion locker room apparel.

How much Fanatics pays the league for the deal, which was signed Wednesday and will start next season, is unknown, but sources say the contract is for 16 years.

The relationship provides a window into the future of sports retail. A fan will now order a jersey on Fanatics or one of its affiliates, including the official online store of any of the major sports leagues. That jersey will then be made and shipped by the same company. The ability to make the apparel on the spot also means that wait times on popular player jerseys, most recently Toronto Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews, can be shorter.
__

A Fanatics logo will be on the bottom of the jerseys, while the Adidas logo, which will be on NHL on-ice jerseys starting next year, will not appear on the replica jerseys. The deal allows Adidas, whose new seven-year deal starts next season, to get the branding benefits on the jersey exterior on the players but not have to worry about making jerseys for fans -- which requires a significant infrastructure investment.

The takeaway is if you want the Adidas logo instead of Fanatics, you will have to buy a pricier authentic jersey. Fanatics' owner, billionaire Michael Rubin, is one of the minority owners of the Devils and 76ers (thus the team stores being run by that company).

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
Me and a buddy are heading down to NJ for the weekend for the Friday and Saturday games. He wants to change the name on his Parise jersey to Hall is there a place the can do that in the area?

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Fanatics is hellbent on running Modells/Dicks/etc out of business and I think they ultimately succeed. Dicks will stay in business for outdoor gear but those stores can't compete with how Fanatics operates

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Me and a buddy are heading down to NJ for the weekend for the Friday and Saturday games. He wants to change the name on his Parise jersey to Hall is there a place the can do that in the area?

I don't think that they'll remove the nameplate but the big Devils Den store that you can enter outside the arena will letter your jersey. You would probably have to find a way to remove the Parise name without damaging the jersey beforehand.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
I don't think that they'll remove the nameplate but the big Devils Den store that you can enter outside the arena will letter your jersey. You would probably have to find a way to remove the Parise name without damaging the jersey beforehand.

Thanks. How long does it usually take to get them to put on a nameplate?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
ESPN article posted on BoH:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/17890933/nhl-signs-16-year-deal-fanatics-replica-jerseys-stanley-cup-champion-apparel

The takeaway is if you want the Adidas logo instead of Fanatics, you will have to buy a pricier authentic jersey. Fanatics' owner, billionaire Michael Rubin, is one of the minority owners of the Devils and 76ers (thus the team stores being run by that company).

Not being familiar with the licensing technicalities, what does this mean to other sellers of replica jerseys such as icejerseys, sportsk, etc.?

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Not being familiar with the licensing technicalities, what does this mean to other sellers of replica jerseys such as icejerseys, sportsk, etc.?

Guessing they will switch over to Fanatics once existing stocks run out. Do not think they have any obligation to sell Fanatics replicas; they are re-sellers who purchase from Adidas/Fanatics. But once they run out of old Reebok or Adidas replicas, any of the new replicas will be Fanatics by default.

Does anyone know if Dorholt is still in business? I've seen him mentioned on here relatively recently, but have not heard back from them and their website is gone.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Does anyone know if Dorholt is still in business? I've seen him mentioned on here relatively recently, but have not heard back from them and their website is gone.

He did a Parise=>Hall jersey for me in late July. Maybe check his Facebook page? I think I linked my friend to it last week when he asked who did my nameplate conversion.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hrm, I have a couple of blanks I'm debating customizing.

Mid-to-late 90's white CCM: I already have Brodeur/Daneyko from that 'era' and I'd likely customize it with a 1995 Cup patch while I was at it. I also have a 2003 white jersey with Niedermayer so getting another would feel a little redundant. Debating between:

Guerin - When I got my first jersey circa Xmas 1995, I was between having it customized with Brodeur/Guerin. Eventually went with Brodeur. A couple years back, I had a 2002 Team USA jersey customized with Guerin and happened to meet him after the 2015 Draft. He was totally awesome, so maybe I could double back and get his Devils jersey too.

Stevens - I have a 2000 Pro Player red Stevens jersey. I wouldn't hate having a Stevens in white too.

MacLean/Richer/Lemieux/Broten - These seem like natural choices, but they all left shortly after the 1995 Cup which was when my fandom ramped up.

Sykora - Wasn't on the 1995 team, but would be nice to complete my A-Line jersey collection. Was kinda hoping to get a 2000 era jersey if I did get Sykora though if only to get the SCF patch too.

2001-04 red Koho - Probably would customize with an '03 patch, but maybe not necessarily. Of that era, I have Brodeur/Gomez/Madden/Niedermayer/Elias.

Rafalski - Being that I shoot left handed, I maybe have always leaned towards getting lefties just in case I ever wore a jersey while playing. So getting a Rafalski kinda fell through the cracks.

Brylin - Would complete my collection of guys who were on all three Cup teams.

Mogilny - Wasn't on the 2003 Cup team, but certainly a fun jersey to have.

Sykora - Same as above, although my Elias/Arnott jerseys are white so I'd kinda want Sykora in white as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->