All Fantasy Hockey Questions Here!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
This is just a HF GM game and not into points like fantasy leagues. So you will have to think more about the real world. IMO Roussel would make the Lightning a better overall team. Same with Komarov, they are actually decent hockey players, but bring in the snarl we are still lacking IMO.

If I trade Filppula, my bottom6 is pretty hard to play against and will keep other teams honest. However if I would need a more skilled roster for a game, I could just bring in 13th forward Marchessault and sit Roussel/Paquette or Komarov and actually still have a very skilled third line of Killorn Namestnikov and Marchessault.

So basically what would you think if the real Bolts would go into next season with this forward core.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
They're getting owned by PDO. The chances have been there (besides last night's abysmal performance).

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
How often do you guys seen Vasilevskiy getting starts?

He's had 2 in the past 10 days, and I am wondering if I should take a flier on him as my 3rd goalie in a deep keeper league.

I've got Thomas Greiss right now, who has played 6 games for the Isles, but I've always liked Andrey's game and think he'll be a good one.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
How often do you guys seen Vasilevskiy getting starts?

He's had 2 in the past 10 days, and I am wondering if I should take a flier on him as my 3rd goalie in a deep keeper league.

I've got Thomas Greiss right now, who has played 6 games for the Isles, but I've always liked Andrey's game and think he'll be a good one.

Unsure at the moment but more than an average backup. They've said they're aiming for a 1a/1b situation. I'd pick him up if I were you especially with a keeper league. Next season he could potentially have 40+ starts

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Bishop also gets dinged up from time to time. But yes they want Vasi to get more starts to develop him and get Ben some rest. He's definitely worth picking up in a keeper league.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lmao, no but for real, I need to put him on IR so I could put a claim in for a player on waivers.

Well we'll get Yzerman on the phone. **** him for not considering the fantasy implications of not putting Palat on IR.

NYR90

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
Read a bit of the Drouin thread. I currently am holding onto him hoping for anything. I see some are frustrated with him. Is he worth holding or should there be zero expectations? I had thought he was playing on the first line?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Read a bit of the Drouin thread. I currently am holding onto him hoping for anything. I see some are frustrated with him. Is he worth holding or should there be zero expectations? I had thought he was playing on the first line?

He was before he injured... something. We don't know what. Odds are that he's being eased back into the lineup, some people around here are just buttmad at Jon Cooper. I'd hold on to him unless there's a Lightning fan in your pool that will pay through the nose for him.

mctttt

Oct 20, 2013
What is going on with Hedman was expecting a solid year from him growing on last year. He has been extremely cold with not only points but shots blocks hits, very little effect on the stat line.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What is going on with Hedman was expecting a solid year from him growing on last year. He has been extremely cold with not only points but shots blocks hits, very little effect on the stat line.

He's been arguably our best player all year and has never had much in the way of shot volume.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's the rest of the team mostly. If they don't score, he's not getting assists or getting as many chances to jump into the play himself.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Well he doesn't hit a lot - he's more of a passer from the blue line than a shooter, and he doesn't block a lot of shots since he plays a low event style of D.

He'll get his points - probably end up around 50+ again.

mctttt

Oct 20, 2013
Well he doesn't hit a lot - he's more of a passer from the blue line than a shooter, and he doesn't block a lot of shots since he plays a low event style of D.

He'll get his points - probably end up around 50+ again.

Yeah wasn't expecting monster numbers in the other cats, just when the points are not there as well was getting a little worried.

Good to know he is playing well and the team just isn't clicking.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Hey Guys,

I firmly believe if it weren't for injuries you guys would have won the cup this year. Anyways.....

What do think of Nesterov long term? I have him at the bottom of my fantasy roster and am thinking about cutting him. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Nesterov took a big step back this past season. The previous season he looked like he could bring something to the power play while being decent enough defensively to play on the third pair regularly, but he regressed in both aspects. Not sure where he fits in our long term plans now. He could end up being let go like Barberio (who has since found a home in Montreal at least). I guess what I'm trying to say is depending how deep your league is, he's probably safe to cut, but he does still have potential, either with us or with another team, but it's looking like whatever pay off comes is further away.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
How many starts will Vas get this year? Will Bishop still take the reins most of the time? Vas outperformed him late, but Bishop is still elite. Obviously as he probably won't be in Tampa after this season, it makes sense to give the kid more playing time, right? Can we expect at least 50/50 starts from each?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Vasilevskiy only outperformed Bishop late in the sense that he didn't get injured. I do expect him to get a few more starts, but not 50/50 unless Bishop uncharacteristically falters or more likely, gets injured again. Vasi got 21 starts last season, most of them in back to back type situations. Maybe he gets closer to 30 or so this season to prepare him to take the reins and keep Bishop healthy. If he does I expect him to do better as he seems to suffer when he sits too much.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Vasilevskiy only outperformed Bishop late in the sense that he didn't get injured. I do expect him to get a few more starts, but not 50/50 unless Bishop uncharacteristically falters or more likely, gets injured again. Vasi got 21 starts last season, most of them in back to back type situations. Maybe he gets closer to 30 or so this season to prepare him to take the reins and keep Bishop healthy. If he does I expect him to do better as he seems to suffer when he sits too much.

Cool, thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad