All Fantasy Hockey Questions Here!

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Hiyas, looks like I may (god willing) make finals for my non-keeper) league. Who should I pick up Miller, Point or Goude for the remainder of the season?

EDIT: Thanks in advance and I appreciate any input.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hiyas, looks like I may (god willing) make finals for my non-keeper) league. Who should I pick up Miller, Point or Goude for the remainder of the season?

EDIT: Thanks in advance and I appreciate any input.
Are you rating hits and such stuff in your league? Then maybe Miller is the best pick. Otherwise I'd go with Point. Solid production and clutch goals (GWG, OTWG, SO).

Reactions: Ulysses31

Storm

Sep 27, 2006
Latvia
How would you describe future in TBL organization for Alex Barre-Boulet. His season in AHL is promising and he has TOP-6 potential, I guess. Taking into account strong TOP-6 TBL core and ABB size, is there any chance for him to make the team next season?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
How would you describe future in TBL organization for Alex Barre-Boulet. His season in AHL is promising and he has TOP-6 potential, I guess. Taking into account strong TOP-6 TBL core and ABB size, is there any chance for him to make the team next season?
It's not impossible. We will lose a some players next off season for cap reasons (probably some of Palat, Miller, Johnson, Gourde) and we're most likely going to try to get rid of Callahan as well. That will be his chance to make the team. The battle will be tough though, he's not the only player who's looking for a spot.

Reactions: Storm

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
In a multi categories Dynasty League with a very deep prospect pool, who would you prefer to take a flyer on : Peter Abbandonato or Ross Colton ?

I've traded a lot of prospects recently in my Dynasty League and I was looking to restock my pool.
Not a lot of Tampa Bay prospects available, but I managed to grab Mikhail Shalagin and Peter Abbandonato.
I don't expect much from Abbandonato, well certainly not in the same way as Gourde or Barré-Boulet, but we never know right.

So now after the Rookie Tournament in Tennessee, I am tempted to drop Abbandonato to take Ross Colton instead. What do you guys think ?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
In a multi categories Dynasty League with a very deep prospect pool, who would you prefer to take a flyer on : Peter Abbandonato or Ross Colton ?

I've traded a lot of prospects recently in my Dynasty League and I was looking to restock my pool.
Not a lot of Tampa Bay prospects available, but I managed to grab Mikhail Shalagin and Peter Abbandonato.
I don't expect much from Abbandonato, well certainly not in the same way as Gourde or Barré-Boulet, but we never know right.

So now after the Rookie Tournament in Tennessee, I am tempted to drop Abbandonato to take Ross Colton instead. What do you guys think ?
Ross Colton at least has an NHL deal. Abbandonatois on an AHL deal for the time being.

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
It's active NHL roster points only. And I have a very good NHL roster and deep bench that neither players are gonna crack, playing or not in the NHL this year. I can keep them in my prospect pool until they reach the 100 NHL GP mark.

I'm basically looking to see who has the more potential and upside in the long run, be it 2-3 years from now. Longterm Boom or Bust is fine for my prospects #24 and 25.
Even if Shalagin is only a AHL contract right now, he can be a bigger boom than the other two so I want to keep him.
For the two others I don't see the same potential, but I can afford to be patient until some better prospects become available.
This is why I was okay with taking Abbandonato on a AHL contract, to see what he does this season and reassess next year.
But Ross Colton does look like a better bet than him right now.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Is McElhinney going to be the backup goalie? What's the sitaution with Domingue?
From the sounds of it McE will in fact be the backup and Dom is on his way out. Source: our very GM at the end of July 2019.

Depends on what deal(s) can be reached of course. We also have Condon and Wedgewood in the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: yrttijorma

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Who do you guys think is going to be a sleeper pick this year for us and around the league?
For us, I think Anthony Cirelli. Around the league I have a couple of different guys I have got my eye on. Those players being Tyler Bertuzzi, Ryan Donato, Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Erik Brannstrom, Max Comtois, MacKenzie Blackwood and Jaccob Slavin. Think I had a couple more, but can't remember them right now.

The main league I play in is deep (3 centers, 3 left wingers, 3 right wingers, 4 defenders, 2 goalies and 5 bench spots), so I always have my eye on people who might have a good year.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
For us, I think Anthony Cirelli. Around the league I have a couple of different guys I have got my eye on. Those players being Tyler Bertuzzi, Ryan Donato, Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Erik Brannstrom, Max Comtois, MacKenzie Blackwood and Jaccob Slavin. Think I had a couple more, but can't remember them right now.

The main league I play in is deep (3 centers, 3 left wingers, 3 right wingers, 4 defenders, 2 goalies and 5 bench spots), so I always have my eye on people who might have a good year.
I have my draft next week. Cirelli was my first thought also from the Bolts. I was looking at Bratt and Tatar as sleeper picks this year. If Bratt ends up on the top 2 lines, he'll produce 50 points min.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I have my draft next week. Cirelli was my first thought also from the Bolts. I was looking at Bratt and Tatar as sleeper picks this year. If Bratt ends up on the top 2 lines, he'll produce 50 points min.
yeah, he would likely be beside Hischier and Hughes if he was on the top 6, I like him as well. Believe he went undrafted in my league.

mogilny_2002

Jul 14, 2005
Hey gentlemen! I have been following your lightning threads the last day or so because I'm curious of the utilisation of Tyler Johnson this year. I've noticed he's had some time with Stammer and Kuch, but was wondering if any of you have heard which line he will land on.

This obviously is in regard to my fantasy hockey team!

Thanks for the help, and best of luck this year (not that you'll need it)!

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Ok, thoughts on Verhaeghe?

Will he make the team?

If so, point predictions for this season?

Point predictions for his best nhl season?

Strengths/weaknesses in his game?

Thanks!

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Goalies are basically worthless if you play an ESPN points based league. Vas was the top goalie last year and only averaged 3.9 points per WEEK. I like points leagues because they don't have the ludicrous penalty minute category for the skaters, but you have to deal with the horrid goalie value in return.

Just wanted to rant.

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
How many points do you guys see Cirelli putting up this year? Is he a safe bet for 50? I ended up taking him with the 277th pick of our draft and have been wondering if it was the right move or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad