All Fantasy Hockey Questions Here!

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
Translation:

The mods are starting to get pissed off at all the OT fantasy questions from other teams' fans. If you post a fantasy question outside of this thread from this point on: May God have mercy on your soul.

DMaz16

@DMaz16
Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton, AB
PP Defence (Hedman)

Hey Bolts fans,

I was just wondering what your PP lines will probably look like this season. Specifically on the back end... I'm looking at picking up Hedman in my fantasy pool and was wondering what kind of value he has on the PP and where he is on the depth chart

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
As of right now Brewer is the only D on our 1st unit. Clark, Bergeron and even Kubina should still be ahead of Hedman on the 2nd unit. And there's that new guy (Gilroy)... This could change over the course of the season though.

Crazy Diamond

Jul 11, 2009
Finland
Hello bolts fan!

Does Teddy Purcell continue in powerplay, and will he be succes on this year too. (last year pp/22) What our thoughts about him.

Or i will just dump him and chance him for dimitry kulikov....

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
Connolly made the team this year but is he expected beyond 9 games?

Will Connolly slot on the first line or given 3rd/4th line duty? Downie? What are your expectations for both this season.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'm pretty sure Purcell will play on the 2nd PP unit with Downie and Moore - just like in the playoffs. They had great chemistry. Maybe Shannon, Ritola or Connolly will crack the 2nd unit but as long as there are no injuries I don't see Purcell getting any ice time with 1st unit. The 1st is pretty much set: Brewer and St. Louis at the point distributing the puck, Stamkos on the left circle, Vinny on the right, Malone in front of the net.

Unless you have a time machine, set it to "two weeks from now", come back and tell us how Connolly did in those 9 games noone will be able to tell if he's here to stay beyond those 9 games. Connolly will start on the 3rd line together with Shannon and Moore. If he was starting with Stamkos and St. Louis he'd be playing against the opponent's best defenders. Instead, Downie will play on the 1st line again.

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
Hey guys, anyone know who I can follow on twitter that might help me keep track of when Rolosons starting? I was thinking that might be the.easiest way to keep up with such things, plus I wouldnt have to bother anyone. Like tonight was it announced somewhere that Garon was starting?

How many games you expecting Rolo to start?

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
Tryin to find a replacement for Doughty while he is on the IR and thinking about MAB, so far his stats seem pretty good, what kind of minutes does he get? PP/PK time? Thanks in advance

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
MAB plays on the 2nd PP unit and sparingly on the 1st unit. Doesn't play the PK at all. He is out there at ES however a majority of the time with Marty and Stamkos' line or sometimes with Lecavalier's line when there's offensive ability out there with him. He'd be a solid pickup for you if you need some offense.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Thoughts on who to start tonight between Garon and Khabibulin? Both have difficult match-ups but Buffalo may be hungrier after being shutout by Tampa in their last game; plus Garon's record against Buffalo is 2-7-0 with a 3.14 GAA and .889 SV%. I already have Niemi starting as well.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Thoughts on who to start tonight between Garon and Khabibulin? Both have difficult match-ups but Buffalo may be hungrier after being shutout by Tampa in their last game; plus Garon's record against Buffalo is 2-7-0 with a 3.14 GAA and .889 SV%. I already have Niemi starting as well.

I'd go with Garon.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I'm down in my weekly h2h matchup 6-5-2. For goalie stats, I've got wins but am only up .20 for GAA, .015 for sv% and 46 saves. He's got Nabokov playing tonight vs Van and I could start Khabibulin vs Chicago. Should I start Bulin or just bench him and hope that Nabokov gets lit up by Van??

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm down in my weekly h2h matchup 6-5-2. For goalie stats, I've got wins but am only up .20 for GAA, .015 for sv% and 46 saves. He's got Nabokov playing tonight vs Van and I could start Khabibulin vs Chicago. Should I start Bulin or just bench him and hope that Nabokov gets lit up by Van??

Play Khabi. Sitting him and hoping the other team's guy gets lit up isn't intense.

jjlin78

Nov 13, 2011
i have teddy purcell in my h2h league and i was just wondering if he's worth keeping. i can get hejduk or tj oshie on the free agent list. my league scores g,a,pts, +/-,pm, ppg, ppp, shots, bs,hits, sg. his point production seems pretty good this and last year but were most of his points playing with stamkos or with others? is he still on a line with stamkos or is he playing with downie and moore? thanks.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
i have teddy purcell in my h2h league and i was just wondering if he's worth keeping. i can get hejduk or tj oshie on the free agent list. my league scores g,a,pts, +/-,pm, ppg, ppp, shots, bs,hits, sg. his point production seems pretty good this and last year but were most of his points playing with stamkos or with others? is he still on a line with stamkos or is he playing with downie and moore? thanks.

just thought I'd highlight that.

The answer to your first question, keep him. Purcell plays for the Lightning, and that makes him more valuable than any other players you might have.

If he is the only Bolt on your roster, first, shame on you. Second, Purcell is maybe the laziest Bolt, but more intense than anyone else on your team because of the aforementioned. You can only hope that Purcell's intensity rubs off on the rest of your team via transitive properties.

To your second set of questions, no.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

Personally, I would pick up Hejduk since he gets 1st line minutes. He'll also produce more goals, sog and PPP. Purcell plays with Stammer on the 2nd line but he's very inconsistent and plays on the 2nd PP. +/- don't seem to be good for Tampa as a whole (same with COL however) and Purcell won't provide anything in PIMs. If sg is shootout goals, then Tampa also isn't good in shootouts nor does Teddy go that often. If you're looking for bs and hits, I'd go with Oshie. Order should be 1) Hejduk 2) Purcell and 3) Oshie imo.

Also, it all depends on what your team is short in, but Hejduk is the best across the most categories of all 3 (Goals, PPP, SOG).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad