Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
Could be taken either way.

The tweet just said NY, not NYS or NYC.

"3 NY teams" could either mean the three teams that play in the state or the three teams in the NYC metro area.

Lol, and people wonder why Western New Yorkers hate NYC? New Jersey is more a part of the state of New York than we are to most people.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The Sabres play in NY. The Devils do not.
Obviously....the confusion is from what did that tweet mean. Devils are always considered to be 3 of the NY metro teams. Many reporters say this all the time. But does this particular tweet refer to just NY State teams or the 3 NYC area teams? Thats the question. Devils arena is literally a couple miles from the city.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If he had said NYC, I would definitely agree with you.

But he just said NY, so it's kind of ambiguous.

There are three teams in NY State.

Use your context clues.

He wanted to stay close to home so it's between the 3 NY teams. Why would that mean Buffalo, which is nowhere close to NYC?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Could be taken either way.

The tweet just said NY, not specifying NYS or NYC.

"3 NY teams" could either mean the three teams that play in the state or the three teams in the NYC metro area.

NJ is a NYC team, and I guarantee that's what he meant. You can travel from Barclays to MSG to Prudential without ever stepping outdoors, just transferring trains. I live in the Bronx, and it's easier for me to go to Devils games than it is to visit parts of Brooklyn.

I can see where Buffalo fans would feel slighted if they thought Newark was a meaningfully different place and NYers were just ignoring WNY on purpose. But it's really not.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
By the way , Vesey also recently signed an endorsement deal with Warrior.

Only fitting they should meet at the Bruins brand new Warrior Arena I guess.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
To be fair it sounds like Vesey camp wanted to let the Wings down easy

Telling them that team is mediocre and heading towards rebuild isn't best answer. letting them down easy is best case

I still believe Hawks are longshot at this point because of the "Playing close to home part"

Pretty much exactly how I took it. But if the Hawks knock his socks off in the meeting maybe they could still make it happen. I doubt they can, but they are a team you meet with and his agent can probably reason with him if you go to them and knock it out of the park they will have to let you go where you want eventually anyway with bigger numbers behind it because they will likely bump your production on the ELC. I would still be surprised if he doesn't wind up on the East Coast or Toronto.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Interesting.
He gets first look before the team at the new place.

That has to make Bs fans tingle a little. Sabres had to fly to BOS to make their pitch (though he was at the draft in BUF and presumably saw HarborCenter, which is their equivalent).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
so much hype over a possible bust

Should have a NHL career for a while even if it is as a bottom six guy. To people that believe in over-hype I guess he could be qualified as a bust if he does that. But hard to believe that Vesey won't carve out a decent length career, he is a smart hockey player and good skater even if his scoring doesn't translate.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I am of the opinion that if he was signing in Buffalo, he would've done so already.

think of it like coming out a divorce after a 10+ yr relationship....you meet a great woman shortly after but you still want to see whats out there befoe you decide to settle down again.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I don't know why Buffalo would trade for him even though he clearly said he was going to test free agency.
To romance him for a month before anyone else. To 'get to the front of the line' to quote Tim Murray. Remember BUF has historically had a hard time attracting UFAs, so the now get very creative with courting these players.

The made a pitch face-to-face at the beginning, then they followed that up the past week to reinforce that meeting. Fish said as recent as a few days ago, that BUF was still very much on his short list, and that his experience with Bylsa and Murray was 'very positive'. That took place in the calm of RFA, not during a mad ****-storm of teams swarming him.

They made their pitch and are standing back. They've staying in the conversation this long. That alone was worth the 3rd rounder.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Of course you wouldnt.

'upstate new york'

I find it ineresting since it hasnt opened yet and the team has yet to step foot in it and Warrior is the rink sponsor.

WNY is not upstate NY.
Western New York is just that, Western New York.
Upstate New York is considered anything east of the Rochester area over to Albany and North.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Just interesting.

As well as your seeming faith in Murphy. You wont read much in the new rink/Warrior thing yey you seem to read something in Murphy.

What's interesting about it? You going to debase all my comments based on where I'm living currently? Grow up. I don't even live near Buffalo.

You're reaching about how much I believe in Murphy, but okay. I don't think he's that credible nor do I have a huge faith in him. I was merely making a comment about what he could have meant. Newark and the surrounding area is pretty much considered part of the NY metro area, so maybe there is traction there. Maybe he did mean NYR/NYI/BUF instead. But I'm leaning towards he meant NYR/NYI/NJD.

I seriously don't know what you're trying to go for here.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What's interesting about it? You going to debase all my comments based on where I'm living currently? Grow up. I don't even live near Buffalo.

You're reaching about how much I believe in Murphy, but okay. I don't think he's that credible. I was merely making a comment about what he could have meant. Newark and the surrounding area is pretty much considered part of the NY metro area, so maybe there is traction there.

I seriously don't know what you're trying to go for here.

Calm down. I have t shirts older than you. So dont get personal kiddo.

I thought you were being quite dismissive of something out of hand. Warrior and the new arena.
yet citing somebody completely unreputable as something viable.

I found it a bit comical.

Considering hes not allowed here. For reasons I wont go into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad