Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Continue.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886548

Nashville, Tenn. (June 20, 2016) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced Monday that the club has acquired Minnesota’s third-round selection, 76th overall, in the 2016 NHL Draft, from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for forward Jimmy Vesey.

The Predators now have eight selections in this weekend’s draft, held at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'll just post this here again since the last thread closed already:

Vesey's agent talking VERY highly of the Rangers. Now that my folks is quotes from him, not speculation from beat writers. Hope he convinces his client to sign, I don't remember an agent every coming out and talking about another franchise in such a light manner, especially when his rights are being held by another team. :nod:

http://nypost.com/2016/08/14/harvard-hotshot-jimmy-veseys-camp-sees-a-fit-with-rangers/

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, this'll take an extra day to get things officially started.
Chats with Buff today or tomorrow.
Tuesday/Wed etc. the 5 or so other teams get a sit down meeting.

I'd love if one of these types of players(Vesey, Hayes, Schultz) + a filming company agreed to do a piece about the courting process just to see what one actually looked like.
Would be interesting to watch.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Rangers are too much of a sinking ship headed for a rebuild to seriously attract Vesey IMO. He'll go somewhere that promises him minutes and seems destined for the playoffs.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ

Vesey's agent talking VERY highly of the Rangers. Now that my folks is quotes from him, not speculation from beat writers. Hope he convinces his client to sign, I don't remember an agent every coming out and talking about another franchise in such a light manner, especially when his rights are being held by another team. :nod:

http://nypost.com/2016/08/14/harvard-hotshot-jimmy-veseys-camp-sees-a-fit-with-rangers/

LOL What else is Vesey's agent going to say "Oh no, the Rangers are a team on the downturn blah blah blah". You're quoting the POST of all sources as well. Vesey's agent's job is to get him the best opportunity. He's not going to rule out anyone right now.

It's also been said by his "camp" that he wants to play somewhere that's not inside a fishbowl. It cuts both ways.

We all want a shot at him, but spinning it like this is just silly. Who cares what his agent of all people say? Agents speaking to media have an agenda. He's not going to badmouth or rule out any team publicly.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Of course he's going to talk up the big market teams

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
LOL What else is Vesey's agent going to say "Oh no, the Rangers are a team on the downturn blah blah blah". You're quoting the POST of all sources as well. Vesey's agent's job is to get him the best opportunity. He's not going to rule out anyone right now.

It's also been said by his "camp" that he wants to play somewhere that's not inside a fishbowl. It cuts both ways.

We all want a shot at him, but spinning it like this is just silly. Who cares what his agent of all people say? Agents speaking to media have an agenda. He's not going to badmouth or rule out any team publicly.

No..the agent would simply say "no comment". Like they usually do. Agents never come out like he did.

And who cares where it's from, they are QUOTES, it not like the Post made them up :laugh:

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Where did he talk up the Bruins, Leafs, and Habs, and Hawks?

This is about BUSINESS, not hockey.

His agent is a business man. Hes going to 'talk up' all 30 franchises as a landing spot to get his client the best deal.

Then his client can emerge and pick the team he REALLY wants to play for.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
This is about BUSINESS, not hockey.

His agent is a business man. Hes going to 'talk up' all 30 franchises as a landing spot to get his client the best deal.

Then his client can emerge and pick the team he REALLY wants to play for.

But yet he was only talking up one. Okay.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think he will meet with a few teams after tuesday so i expect this to drag out until thursday or friday atleast.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
No..the agent would simply say "no comment". Like they usually do. Agents never come out like he did.

And who cares where it's from, they are QUOTES, it not like the Post made them up :laugh:

Frankly, it is in the interest of the agent to talk well about a possible prospective employer of his client. I bet he would talk well of pretty much any team.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
A lot of pages for a 3rd liner that is going to sign with the Jets.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
less then 24 hours

I know it's being reported everywhere that teams can talk to Vesey on the 15th, but this is not what the CBA appears to say:
(c) College Players. (i) If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college =pstudent at the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation of his college class. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights."

I'm assuming that because Buffalo traded for his rights, that includes "through and including the August 15" - therefore, Vesey should become a UFA at 12:01 on the 16th - tomorrow night - not tonight. I'm probably wrong somehow, but the above excerpt from the CBA appears to apply to this situation?

EDIT: Nevermind - as the current CBA is in effect in 2013 and Vesey was drafted in 2012, Vesey would fall under the previous CBA, which I'm assuming calls for Vesey to be a free agent on the 15th and not the 16th.

EDIT: The 2005 version of the CBA has the same language. Vesey is a UFA on the 16th, not the 15th.

Last edited:

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
But yet he was only talking up one. Okay.

Vesey himself (not merely his agent) was also talking up the Boston Bruins:

http://nesn.com/2016/07/jimmy-vesey...th-bruins-would-love-to-play-with-torey-krug/

His agent also said nice things about Buffalo after their meeting:

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/08/vesey-agent-sabres-meeting-went-well/

And while it's not some sort of ringing endorsement, his agent also outright confirmed Chicago is a team they want to talk to.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-blackhawks/blackhawks-among-teams-contention-land-jimmy-vesey

These are all teams on Vesey's "list" so obviously they're gonna say good things. But no, the Rangers aren't the only team that has been talked up.

I wouldn't read too much into any of this. Personally, I think it'll be the Bruins, but nobody will know until we know.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Where did he talk up the Bruins, Leafs, and Habs, and Hawks?

He wasn't asked about them, no smart agent is going to speak candidly about a big market team especially if doing so puts them in a negative light and speaking candidly about the NYR would do just that.

The team is on the way down, the prospect pool is damn near empty and Lundqvist is getting old, all those things are true but as an agent he can't say that, he can't isolate a big market team and that goes for all big market teams

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dude should have just signed in Nashville. Very good team with an amazing D. Forwards core is improving and he could've helped even more if things pan out. By all accounts Nashville is a great city and even as a pro athlete I'm sure he could go relatively unnoticed in public life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->