Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I do love the fact that Kreider runs goalies
Why would we want a player who intentionally runs other teams goalies? I'd hate someone run Tuukka! Luckily Don Sweeney is very reluctant to trade any of our players. Sooo many posts about something that never happens. :DD

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
But how is it funny? I don't understand it.:puppy:
I took it as a joke. The thread is rumors “and proposals.” You noted the lack of rumors, but proposals will continue to be the bulk of the thread. I honestly did not infer any malice or intent.

Reactions: sarge88

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I took it as a joke. The thread is rumors “and proposals.” You noted the lack of rumors, but proposals will continue to be the bulk of the thread. I honestly did not infer any malice or intent.
I didn't think you did. I didn't understand trading me to another board for a coupon thing.:(

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
I love the fact he lives 20 miles from the Garden down route 1 and he would be ecstatic and productive here

Rangers need to keep losing

my problem is Gorton probably wants Frederic or Beecher or Lauko

that’s a no go from me

What do you think Kreider is going to be looking for in his next contract? Not too familiar with him

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I don't believe in untouchables. I would trade Bergeron in the right deal.

That said, I think those that don't want to trade Heinen are over valuing him and those that want to are undervaluing him.
I understand the concept of no one being untouchable, including Bergeron, and I know you are not actually proposing it - but I cannot imagine the type of return that would justify such a blockbuster deal. You lose a lot more than points on the board in trading a quintessential Bruin who is undoubtedly the next Captain based on so many leadership factors - as opposed to teams who make the new sensation a Captain for marketing. I remember the Bruins’ Espo trade with the Rangers as two clubs trying to shake things up in terms of perceived complacency (“fat cats,” if I recall correctly). We were in the SCF last year. The Bourque trade went through without fans destroying the Garden because the front office claimed they were trying to get him a Cup and claimed they could not get there in time with the roster as constituted. A Bergeron trade? Comparing him to his contemporaries - Ovechkin? Pass. Crosby? Pass. It would have to be in the early years of a generational talent to justify what we would give up. As someone noted in relation to another player, it is likely that we value Bergy much higher - and justifiably so - than what we would get in return. FWIW - the Leafs once asked what it would take to get Orr out of Boston. Our reply (it may have been Milt Schmidt) said he would not trade Orr for the entire Leafs roster. They are not the same player, but the sentiment is the same. You don’t change your cornerstone.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I would love to get Anderson (out for 4-6 weeks now) but I see no reason for them to move him. He is a young big power forward, although in a slump this year their fans want to keep him at all costs. Especially after losing all the guys they did last year. Their GM has to make a home run deal or he is in Chia territory.

I see so many ideas and some even have us not giving anyone up, just insert him in the lineup with everyone else, lol. I also see no reason for the Devils to give up their best scorer in Palmieri, after losing Hall with no immediate replacement. Another guy I would like to have but we have to be real. If anyone is attainable it could be Kreider, still we have to make cap room he would not be a forced trade unlike the other guys who may have more value to their present teams. This also adds another guy to the protected list from Seattle if he is someone of value.

Anderson is on a sweet deal this year but if he comes in and lights it up then he is looking at a raise. It works if we move out salary for him but can they and do they want all the cap we offer? I am all for paying him and keeping him but we have to move out Moore, Heinen and maybe Jake or a combo to make room cap wise and position wise. We can fill in the spots next year with a few of Seny, Stud and Frederic. Vaak, Zboril, Lauzon or Lauko.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad