Boxing: All boxing discussion

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If you're Adalaide Byrd and you're going to give Canelo the fight no matter what happened, at least make the scorecard believable. I could at least entertain a debate had it been scored 115-113 Canelo. I scored it the same but for GGG. So we're talking two rounds I'd have to be sold on. It's in the ballpark at least. 118-110? You're not even trying to cover up your bias with that ****.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This fight wasn't even tainted because of the horrible judge imo. I know what I watched, and I saw Golovkin walk Canelo down and put it on him. He cemented his legacy by beating up a guy younger and faster than him. Canelo was able to handle the pressure some, but overall no.

Just because some judge says otherwise doesn't change the facts. I have considered training to be a referee and it is not that hard to be one if you want to, but I am unable to know if I would be able to handle this. Both fighters know what happened in that ring and so does everyone who watched it. And it was a great fight at the highest level of competition. Maybe I've just watched so many of these that the outrage is beaten out of me, I dunno. But when I watch someone beat someone else three times and get robbed each time, then finally knock them out the fourth time, it makes it all worth it to me.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The judges always suck Canelo off. Absolute joke decision, I give Canelo 5 rounds MAX.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
One of the first fights I distinctly remember watching was Tyson/McNeeley. There were others but this one sticks with me for the point I'm going to make. My family would have big parties for those and I remember everyone complaining about it. I also remember every single person who was over and then some being over when Tyson fought Frank Bruno again.

Seldon/Tyson was another massive sham.

Same with Whitaker/Oscar.

Same with Holyfield/Lewis.

The biggest one was Oscar/Trinidad. There were a lot of people who said they were never gonna come back to watch fights. There were a ton of people there to the point we had to put the TV outside when Holyfield fought Lewis again. First Holyfield/Lewis fight was a bad decision too!

I mean this happened so many times I lost count. Eventually we lost touch with those people over other stuff, but the customer will always come back because we're drawn to it. This stuff is like crack. We know everything that's wrong with combat sports and what it does to the fighters and we can't stop.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This whole thing is worth it to have seen Teddy Atlas unabashedly completely lose his **** on ESPN.

I knew Golovkin was going to have to knock him out to get the win, but its the only money match in the sport, they're gonna make these guys fight as much as possible.

Sep 19, 2008
It was a great fight. It just should have been ruled for ggg. Yes canelo came back. But you can't declare draw because of it. Throughout the entirety of the match ggg clearly was the aggressor. Lederman said himself he rewards aggressiveness, and canelo was largely on the ropes as ggg was going at him. This was a clear victory for ggg from someone who wanted canelo to win. I just wish other judges would have seen it that way.

Sep 19, 2008
You could literally see if you were watching the damn match that Golovkin was dominating the middle rounds and pushing Canelo to the ropes. Canelo had very little offense. Golovkin was clearly the aggressor and took over the middle rounds. This is not just me saying this, and I have no qualifications to be a judge, I'm just a guy who started watching this **** after McGregor - Mayweather. But it was VERY apparent that Golovkin took over the fight and this is not just me saying this, a strong majority of people also believe that Golovkin won the match overall based on his aggressiveness, although it might have been close due to the Canelo rally. This match in my opinion was won in the middle rounds where Golovkin took over, and even in the later rounds during the alleged Canelo rally Golovkin still looked like a force to be reckoned with while Canelo just looked worn down.

Sep 19, 2008
This whole thing is worth it to have seen Teddy Atlas unabashedly completely lose his **** on ESPN.

I knew Golovkin was going to have to knock him out to get the win, but its the only money match in the sport, they're gonna make these guys fight as much as possible.

For anyone else that missed it

He just erupts on the lack of oversight or any type of person that would stop Byrd from judging another fight. Byrd is pretty much going to judge another fight, despite a long history of poor judging decisions. The most damaging statement he made though, is when he said that the judges are invited to the dinner run by the promoter. How this could happen in boxing so flagrantly is ridiculous.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
NSAC defending Byrd to the enth degree. Wouldn't surprise me if she judged the rematch. Praying that fight takes place in NYC but I doubt it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was disgusting on Saturday and now its disgusting on Sunday, as well.

So many people say that this will be forgotten. Nope.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For anyone else that missed it

He just erupts on the lack of oversight or any type of person that would stop Byrd from judging another fight. Byrd is pretty much going to judge another fight, despite a long history of poor judging decisions. The most damaging statement he made though, is when he said that the judges are invited to the dinner run by the promoter. How this could happen in boxing so flagrantly is ridiculous.

I think I could watch this all day.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Even when he's wearing a suit, Teddy STILL wears those Raiders colors.

**** I love that man.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
No one will miss him. At least with Floyd, he was a character.

**** Ward and his refusal to fight in enemy territory during the Super Middleweight Super 6 tournament. He was the only fighter in the tournament to have all of his fights in his home country.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Going to the PBC/Showtime card at Barclays headlined by a Devonte Wilder title fight via a free ticket from the Isles. Can any of you boxing guys tell me if this is a quality card? Tony Paige on FAN said it was good and on boxing I trust his judgement.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That was a domination. Wonder what the next step is.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
That was a letdown in terms of entertainment value. Wtf was Rigo doing?

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
LOMACHENKO is making the case to be the greatest of all time

He literally made the number 1 P4P fighter of the sport quit on the stool. He has made 4 straight opponents quit against him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad