Boxing: All boxing discussion

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wow. Canelo put Khan to sleep. That was one of the most vicious KOs I've seen recently in boxing or MMA.

I hope they make the GGG fight now. It has to happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know much about Kell Brook but if the fight is in London, he must be good enough for this to not be short, right?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trainer was pointing to his eye when he was talking to Brook. I don't know, i didn't see enough to throw in the towel there

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Trainer was pointing to his eye when he was talking to Brook. I don't know, i didn't see enough to throw in the towel there

Perhaps throwing it in at that moment was a bit early - but with the way Golovkin went after him in that round I don't think the fight would have went on any longer anyway. If Brook, as he said, saw five Golovkins out there it would just be a matter of time before he would be knocked out. Trainer could have thought similar and decided to not risk further damages.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After hearing both fighters talk it definitely made more sense. Protecting Brook from further injury in a fight where he couldn't hurt his opponent. On HBO, Triple G said it felt like a sparring match, I had the fight tied but Brook was starting to get overpowered.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Calling it a sparring match might be a bit of an exaggeration - but Golovkin definitely was in full control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->