Aliens: Dark Descent (June 20th, 2023)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This looks promising. It's a top-down, squad-based strategy game, like XCOM, but mostly real-time. I've always wanted something like this with the Aliens IP. It's set for release on June 20th for Windows, Xbox One, Series X & S and PlayStation 4 & 5.

aliensdarkdescent.jpg

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The gameplay sounds interesting and more than just XCOM with an Aliens skin.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It was released today. Early reviews on Steam are 90% positive. The Metacritic score is 74.

IGN gave it a 7/10, calling it "good," but held back mostly by technical issues (unit pathing, texture popping).

It sounds like it could be a great game after it's patched up a bit, but most people seem to be enjoying it as is and calling it the best game based on the 1986 movie in a long time.

Last edited:

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Never seen the movies(I'm kinda a wuss though).
I'll check this out after some patches and when it's on sale though.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
first thing I think of when I see this title is Amnesia: The Dark Descent... maybe I'll play that again tonight lol

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Never seen the movies(I'm kinda a wuss though).
I'll check this out after some patches and when it's on sale though.
I don't think that you need to have seen the movies to follow the story, but you'll likely have more fun with the game if you've seen the first two, Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986).
first thing I think of when I see this title is Amnesia: The Dark Descent... maybe I'll play that again tonight lol
There's a new one out, Amnesia: The Bunker, set in WWI, I believe. I haven't played it, but I've heard that it's the best one since The Dark Descent.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
There's a new one out, Amnesia: The Bunker, set in WWI, I believe. I haven't played it, but I've heard that it's the best one since The Dark Descent.
WHAT?? I had no idea! I am definitely checking this out!

• Haha
Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad