Alexei Morozov

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
Sorry to tell you but without Kovalev and Samsonov and the Russians on this team you guys wouldbe below Washington. You can spew bs from Racist french radio all you want, everyone else knows how good these players are and they have the stats from elsewhere in the league and international play to prove it. PLEASE PLEASE i hope you guys send all your Russians to a rival team, like the Islanders or something you guys will be biting your elbows and kicking your selves after the beating you get. The fact that you guys were even a contender to be in the playoffs despite everything the Habs organization does shows how good these players really are.

The only reason Buffalo seems "deep" is because of how well Lindy's system is designed for his players. He is a brilliant brilliant coach. Notice all the Sabres have had their best year post the new NHL and once the new system started. He really knows how to bring out the best out of his players, where carbs does the opposite. Danny Briere is a great player but no where close to Kovalev and Afinogenov had nothing on Samsonov. Look at how he handled his new guys, giving them chances and letting them be on the first line, constantly trying to change things here, calculate things here. Meanwhile Carbs wouldn't even put your best winger and center together.

Keep alienating your stars, see where it will get you.
Wow, just wow. I thought I saw everything dumb you could possibly say, then I see this.

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
The Habs system sucks big time !! You guys drafted talented offensive dynamos like Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Grabovski, Higgins, PLekanec, etc. and turn them into 3rd line grinders :help: thanks to Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau as they are the main reason for this crappy system and talent killers. Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau are not fitting at all with the players they have in their hands.... which all came from Ex-GM Andre Savard. The youngsters they have now are the youngsters that were made to fit and succeed with Andre Savard, not Bob Gainey.
Higgins and Plekanec were drafted as projected third liners. Latendresse is 19 freaking years old, what the **** are you talking about. Hell, Kostitsyn, Grabovski and Latendresse were drafted when Timmins was running the draft.
Back then, Ex-GM Andre Savard wanted to implant his own system based on talent and speed just like he did with Ottawa, but he got dumped by the organization before he could do anything. Now you guys have under your hands some good offensive weapons, but can't use them properly because of Gainey defensive philosophy.... sad.... :shakehead The arrival of Gainey was the worst thing that happened to the habs in this decade. Andre Savard should've never leave. The habs would've been an offensive powerhouse just like Buffalo under Savard's Reign...

Unbelievable, was Savard ever GM or coach of the Sens? No, so what the hell are you talking about. How could he have implemented anything in Ottawa? Do you even remember who the coach was with the Sens, if you did, you wouldn't have said what you just did.

Last edited:

VladNYC*

Bakc to the point: Morozov says he will most likely go to the NHL after the WC.

I hope it is to a team that knows how do deal with Russians. Would love to see him on Pitts and since they are contender it might work out. If not, a team like Wash who has the money should make him an offer he can't refuse. On that note, Wash should bring over the whole ZZM line, now that would be something.

VladNYC*

Well, is a first round guaranteed exit considered a contender?

As far as I am concerned the more of them stay the better: the younger kids are not going to improve playing against donikas and varnakovs.

Wouldn't be out the first round with Morozov. Did u even watch the playoffs?

petrskudra1

Jun 14, 2005
Pittsburgh
Well, is a first round guaranteed exit considered a contender?

Theres no reason why the Penguins shouldn't improve next year. They were the 5 seed in the east this year, who played a very good Ottawa team. Heck if you make the playoffs anything can happen (example:Oilers last year). The Pens have too much talented youth and potential, not to mention that Crosby kid (heard of him yet?)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
i doubt it will happen nkow, but last season wasn't he rumoured to go to detroit? He would fit in perfect in their system, not to mention they have alot of euros; he would seem to be the perfect fit. Imagine datsyuk-morozov-grigorenko

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
i doubt it will happen nkow, but last season wasn't he rumoured to go to detroit? He would fit in perfect in their system, not to mention they have alot of euros; he would seem to be the perfect fit. Imagine datsyuk-morozov-grigorenko

I like Zetterberg-Datsyk-Morozov even better!

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Hmm 73 games played by Kovalev and 63 by Samsonov 61 by Perezhogin is playing with out them? The 3 of them put together 15% of your points this year despite their awful year. They contributed to 16% of your game wining goals (6) meaning they gave you 12 points in that alone. Take that away and you would be with 30 games won at 66 points, right below Washington. Keep that in mind, that awful year Kovy and Samy and Perezhogin had is what separates you from Washington.

As for Higgins, how is that impressive for a guy on your top line?
Higgins has 0.62 points per game, if a Russian had that he would get run out of Montreal. How do i know that? Because kovy had 0.64 points per game and you guys are calling for his head on a pike. I wouldn't call that any thing to dance for joy about from a guy that some how got to play with your #1 center who has 75 points, i wonder how many of those 75 points would be shared with Kovy if he played on that line?

Your good players ARE Willting who cares about your AHL caliber players and their improvements?

Samsonov - Career 0.74 pts per game player. This year: 0.41
Kovalev- Career 0.78 pts per game . This year: 0.64
Bonk - Career 0.56 pts per game. This year 0.31

Average decrease in production rate from these guys in one year was 24%

The forwards that are doing well are Koivu and Ryder. One is a future hall of famer and the other is bred for Canadian old skool hockey.

Souray has 64 points, too bad as a defensemen he is -27 for the year and -28 for his career. Maybe you should put this guy on offense. A defensemen who is -28 is no defensemen.

As for Kovalev, we are the deepest team in the world at forward, the average age of our forwards is 24 and the oldest is 31. Kovalev would be 3 years older then our oldest forward, we can live with out this kind of experience on offense, Montreal cannot.

With the 8 millions of Kovy and Samso spent on other players let's say Sykora and Shanahan we would have had better resultats and we wold probably be over the rangers in the standings

So do not put all the weight just on one side fo the balance...

And by the way, Plekanec doesn't have a big ppg average but we prefer it to Ribeiro and people in Montreal like the Kostitsyns, Grabo and other russians prospect way more than what you think

Don't forget that It's not all about the stats

Cliff O Malley

Aug 4, 2006
I DUNNO?
If you think that there isn't even one NHL team willing to take a gamble on Morozov next year, then you must be loopy. Due to the lack of scoring wings available next year I could actually seeing a bidding war panning out for him.

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
If you think that there isn't even one NHL team willing to take a gamble on Morozov next year, then you must be loopy. Due to the lack of scoring wings available next year I could actually seeing a bidding war panning out for him.

I tend to agree with you - I could see a bidding war erupt and Morozov end up with a 4.5-5 mil a year deal. Too many teams need a scoring winger.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I tend to agree with you - I could see a bidding war erupt and Morozov end up with a 4.5-5 mil a year deal.

No NHL team could justifiably spend more than $2 million on Morozov, and even that might be generous.

After gaining post-draft press as the world's best player outside the NHL, Morozov went on to spend seven seasons proving that things are a bit different inside the NHL. His numbers consistently amounted to those of a middling depth scorer, and closer examination of his game didn't reveal much else.

I'm glad for his success in Russia, but there's no reason to be fooled. He spent his prime years on some loose, offensive minded teams, but was never outstanding. Now he's 30 years old. Why should any NHL team expect a significantly different Morozov than the one they saw in Pittsburgh?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
No NHL team could justifiably spend more than $2 million on Morozov, and even that might be generous.

After gaining post-draft press as the world's best player outside the NHL, Morozov went on to spend seven seasons proving that things are a bit different inside the NHL. His numbers consistently amounted to those of a middling depth scorer, and closer examination of his game didn't reveal much else.

I'm glad for his success in Russia, but there's no reason to be fooled. He spent his prime years on some loose, offensive minded teams, but was never outstanding. Now he's 30 years old. Why should any NHL team expect a significantly different Morozov than the one they saw in Pittsburgh?

We've seen players like Eric Cole, Daniel Brier and much more flourish under the NEW NHL. Morozov might be another one who could perform much better than he did before in the Old NHL days. There is just one reason.

I agree with you, by the way. Risk is too much.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Vanek got benched because he didn't have confidence in him self nor did the coach have confidence in him. IMO its is ok to bench a Rookie. The Reason Max exploded was because of the new NHL and the sabres new system. Buffalo was a defensive team before the lock out. Slava Kozlov called his time in Buffalo during this time the worst year of his life. The only reason Max exploded and Vanek exploded and Roy exploded was because Lindy saw that he has a bunch of very fast very offensive minded players and he went with it. Max would have been a bust had he played in Montreal right now. A no vision coach like Carbs would never let Roy-Vanek-Afinogenov happen because they seem like a liability together but they work. Why? Because Lindy trusted them and let them do their thing. He didn't try to put square pegs in round holes like they do in Montreal. Sure there are some utility players that can play any where and just do an ok job but that is not the kind of thing you make a system around.

Pleks had 47 points
Higgins had 38 points

I would think the zamboni should be able to get atleast that from the players on a team's top 2 lines.

There are a ton of defensemen with more points then that, Cambel, Souray etc.

Koivu had a great year- he is a great great player, imagine how much better it would have been on an offensive team.

So what if Carbs is a rookie coach, either you can coach or you can't. Is this his first time behind a bench EVER?

You are so right.

GSK*

Vanek got benched because he didn't have confidence in him self nor did the coach have confidence in him. IMO its is ok to bench a Rookie. The Reason Max exploded was because of the new NHL and the sabres new system. Buffalo was a defensive team before the lock out. Slava Kozlov called his time in Buffalo during this time the worst year of his life. The only reason Max exploded and Vanek exploded and Roy exploded was because Lindy saw that he has a bunch of very fast very offensive minded players and he went with it. Max would have been a bust had he played in Montreal right now. A no vision coach like Carbs would never let Roy-Vanek-Afinogenov happen because they seem like a liability together but they work. Why? Because Lindy trusted them and let them do their thing. He didn't try to put square pegs in round holes like they do in Montreal. Sure there are some utility players that can play any where and just do an ok job but that is not the kind of thing you make a system around.

Pleks had 47 points
Higgins had 38 points

I would think the zamboni should be able to get atleast that from the players on a team's top 2 lines.

There are a ton of defensemen with more points then that, Cambel, Souray etc.

Koivu had a great year- he is a great great player, imagine how much better it would have been on an offensive team.

So what if Carbs is a rookie coach, either you can coach or you can't. Is this his first time behind a bench EVER?

Higgins is 23 years old and he finishes the season with 22 goals in 60 games, on a full season of 82 games it make 30 goals... Not bad for a first/second liner who is somophore and really good 2-way forward.

Plekanec was sucking big time while playing with Kovalev and Samsonov and by mircale when the coach split them he was the most productive forward from january until the end of the season with 38pts in 42 games...

Don't talk **** when you don't know the fact, both are very good young players. Same for Kostitsyn and Grabovsky.

(I agree thought your comments about our coach, he sucks, and our defensive minded system, while we got a speedy teams and we should be offensive minded.) - Carbo sucks, but I just hope he will have a better system next year.

davey cee

May 25, 2006
detroit is the perfect fit for him 2 dangerous scoring lines

holmstrom-zettenberg-datszyk
morozov-filllpula-samuelsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->