Alexei Mikhnov

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Anyone heard of this guy?

He was a first round pick of the Oilers a few years back.. Touted as a huge power forward out of Russia. The kid can score goals and is supposedly pretty quick as well.

I have heard a few rumours that he may come over next year and play..

He is definitely a guy who could come over and be a very good NHL player..

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
It's no secret that the Oilers still like him and would like to bring him over. It sounds like the problem in the past was Mikhnov's desire to come to North America. Now it sounds like he might want to, so if they can get a deal done, he should be over here next season, hopefully.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
He had a good regular season and was simply on fire in the playoffs. He saw some action in test matches with the national team and may just feature for Russia at the World Championships.

A top 15ish forward in the RSL for sure, and even better will be argued by some with just cause. One of the more NHL ready "propspects" as defined by NHL. Vastly underrated in North America.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
on russianprospects.com, he's ranked an 89, which is six less than Malkin's 95, the highest ranked prospects. Mihknov seems to have some fans over there, and I think some of the Oilers staff are big fans as well. I'm really hoping to see him play over here. I just managed to download one of his RSL games, but now i've gotta figure which one he is without understanding russian....

He's number 8, right?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Mikhnov had a superb season in both RS and PO. He's big and can score at any level so i'd say that he has potential to play an important role in any NHL team.
And finally yes, he wears the number 8, his name in cyrillic is Михнов

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad