Alexei Lojkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Hey guys,
I've posted a thread about him on the Habs board but didn't get much luck (Except for two posts).

Just talked about Lojkin with my friends at the Sagueneens game tonight, telling old stories and remembering him playing so well for the Sagueneens down here back in the days.

Now I wanna know:
- What did you think about that guy back when he was available for the draft? When I saw him play, I was a kid, like 8 y/o or something, and thought he was amazing, but that holds zero credibility since I was so young.

- if someone has a clue as for why he never got to play a game for the habs? The answer I got on the habs board is size.

He did register 83 points in his second AHL season.. Now I know he's back in Russia and may even have stopped playing, but I'd like some infos. (got his career stats)

Thanks! :)

Jon Burke

rahan said:
Hey guys,
I've posted a thread about him on the Habs board but didn't get much luck (Except for two posts).

Just talked about Lojkin with my friends at the Sagueneens game tonight, telling old stories and remembering him playing so well for the Sagueneens down here back in the days.

Now I wanna know:
- What did you think about that guy back when he was available for the draft? When I saw him play, I was a kid, like 8 y/o or something, and thought he was amazing, but that holds zero credibility since I was so young.

- if someone has a clue as for why he never got to play a game for the habs? The answer I got on the habs board is size.

He did register 83 points in his second AHL season.. Now I know he's back in Russia and may even have stopped playing, but I'd like some infos. (got his career stats)

Thanks! :)

By career stats, I assume that you mean for the Sagueneens.

Here is the link to his stats. Judging by them, he hasn't been playing since 2002, and this site keeps stats fairly up-to-date, so I'd assume that it's accurate. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

I'd definitely assume that his size (5'8) is a factor in him not making the NHL, but I mean, I'm just getting that from looking at the information that hockeydb has about him. I've never seen him play, so I really have no idea.

Regardless of my lack of knowledge about him, I hope that this helps satisfy your curiosity.

Jon Burke

I managed to get some more information.

He finished ninth in goals and points in the QMJHL in the 1994-95 season. Here's the link.

He finished sixth in AHL scoring in the 1996-97 season. Here's the link.

He played in an AHL all-star game. Not sure the year. Here's the link.

Hope that helps. The guy can obviously score, though.

Tman

Jun 20, 2002
Quebec
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure of the following information but the reason why he didn't played with Montreal in NHL is mainly a contract issue. Lojkin was under contract with Fredericton's organisation and had no laws with Montreal. Montreal prefered playing their rookies instead of bringing someone from outside the organisation (they would have to buy back the contract from Fredericton and negociate with him). Anyway this guy was amazing and other then is size I don't see why he didn't make it to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->