Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

April 2:​

===============================​

Alexei Kolosov​

Goalie -- shoots L​
Born Jan 4 2002 -- Minsk, Belarus​
[22 yrs. ago]​
Height 6.00 -- Weight 185 [183 cm/84 kg]​
Drafted by Philadelphia Flyers - round 3 #78 overall 2021 NHL Entry Draft
==================================================

On Tuesday morning local time, KHL club HC Dinamo Minsk announced that Philadelphia Flyers goalie prospect Alexei Kolosov would officially be departing the club in order to join up with the Flyers organization.​
A source familiar with the situation previously indicated to Philly Hockey Now that this was likely once Kolosov’s season ended.​
Kolosov, 22, signed a three-year, entry-level contract worth $2.775 million with the Flyers back on July 8 before subsequently being returned on loan to Minsk nine days later.​
It is worth noting that because Kolosov was age 20 or older when he signed his contract with the Flyers, he is not eligible for an “entry-level slide”. This means that one year will be burned off of his ELC at the end of the season, regardless of whether he plays games for the Flyers this season or not.​

===================

Russian goaltending prospect Alexei Kolosov is on his way to the Philadelphia Flyers system, according to an announcement from the official Instagram of Dinamo Minsk, where Kolosov has been playing in the KHL.​
In the caption of their post, the team stated, "Alexei Kolosov is leaving the club. The goalkeeper will continue his career in the Philadelphia Flyers system."​
Kolosov played 47 games with Dinamo Minsk, finishing the year with four shutouts, a SV% of .907, and a 2.39 GAA. He was also honored with an MVP award at the end of the season.​

Last edited:

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
My understanding is he is on an elc so he could play for the flyers in our back to back but because he joined so late he's ineligible for the playoffs.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I can't imagine they just throw him to the wolves, he won't go straight to the NHl, and Lappy will watch him in practice for weeks until finally trying him in a game because he values veteranship in Peterson so much.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Was this unexpected? Any impact or trend on players coming over from Russia? Cough...Michkov...cough...

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Was this unexpected? Any impact or trend on players coming over from Russia? Cough...Michkov...cough...
This was expected as Kolosov is already under contract with the Flyers and was loaned back to to Minsk. Michkov is currently under contract with SKA for another 2 years(?) and unless his contract is voided by SKA then he is their property.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This was expected as Kolosov is already under contract with the Flyers and was loaned back to to Minsk. Michkov is currently under contract with SKA for another 2 years(?) and unless his contract is voided by SKA then he is their property.
Dang.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
do you really want him to come over now so Torts can play him on the 4th line with...Nic
Yes. I would prefer that to him being in the KHL and having him want to stay there/be forced to stay there. I know there is always the "FLYERS HATE YOUNG PLAYERS" narrative that has existed here for a long time despite the fact that they regularly play young players in appropriate roles. Yes, there are times when they don't, but I'm willing to bet that if Michkov is as advertised he won't be on par with or behind Deslaurier on the depth chart.

Will Torts bench him if he gives up on a play or has a bunch of really bad turnovers or makes a bunch of really bad decisions? Sure, and I don't have a problem with that. If he comes in and struggles is he going to give him top line minutes? Of course not and he shouldn't. Will Torts say He wants him to play 7 minutes a night on the 4th line for the entirety of his rookie season just because? No, I am not worried about that.

Reactions: JXC

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Are they still not allowed to be 0 or 00? That is definitely where I'd be if I were a goalie.
No. But they should allow it, the others do it. At least for 0, not sure I would with 00. Leave that one to the mascots.

But then you’ll get some weird 200 hockey men thing who think it’s disrespectful or some stupid shit instead of what could be intelligent marketing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad