Alexandre plante?

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Just looking at his profile and he really intrigue me! Great size nice stats, anyone have see him play ? How is skating? mobility? does he play physical? and is he french?
Do you mean Alex Plante, from Bdn who plays for the Hitmen?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's a guy who has some pretty nice offensive tools for a big defender - big shot, good passer, plays the PP in the WHL. Can surprise you by lugging the puck up the ice and pulling some stickhandling moves out of his ***. Isn't dominant physically, but mixes it up and will fight on occasion.

However, his defensive zone coverage is pretty shaky. Chases the puck way too much in his own zone, can make poor decisions offensively, and is generally reacting to the play rather than dictating it. His skating is also quite rough - doesn't have a smooth stride, and his lateral mobility is pretty suspect.

He has a lot of Mathieu Biron-ish qualities, and is a substantial bust risk because of his lack of positional sense. Probably has Kurtis Foster-type upside, where he could develop into a 30-point huge defender who can play 2nd-unit PP but is so-so defensively. Right now I'd peg him as a guy who'll probably go in the first half of the 2nd round. He's definitely a project, but his learning curve has been steep and he has some raw tools that scouts will like.

I said something in another thread to the effect that he's going to be a name that keeps popping up here because of his size/stats. People see that he's bigger, younger, and more productive than a guy like Ellerby, and wonder why there's such a discrepancy in the rankings.

His brother is Tyler Plante, who is an excellent goaltending prospect for the Florida Panthers. He's not French, except in his ancestry.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
He's a guy who has some pretty nice offensive tools for a big defender - big shot, good passer, plays the PP in the WHL. Can surprise you by lugging the puck up the ice and pulling some stickhandling moves out of his ***. Isn't dominant physically, but mixes it up and will fight on occasion.

However, his defensive zone coverage is pretty shaky. Chases the puck way too much in his own zone, can make poor decisions offensively, and is generally reacting to the play rather than dictating it. His skating is also quite rough - doesn't have a smooth stride, and his lateral mobility is pretty suspect.

He has a lot of Mathieu Biron-ish qualities, and is a substantial bust risk because of his lack of positional sense. Probably has Kurtis Foster-type upside, where he could develop into a 30-point huge defender who can play 2nd-unit PP but is so-so defensively. Right now I'd peg him as a guy who'll probably go in the first half of the 2nd round. He's definitely a project, but his learning curve has been steep and he has some raw tools that scouts will like.

I said something in another thread to the effect that he's going to be a name that keeps popping up here because of his size/stats. People see that he's bigger, younger, and more productive than a guy like Ellerby, and wonder why there's such a discrepancy in the rankings.

His brother is Tyler Plante, who is an excellent goaltending prospect for the Florida Panthers. He's not French, except in his ancestry.

my report on plante is similar to yours, i actually used kurtis foster as a "if all the planets align properly" type of comparison...he just is not my type of player being a quiet offensively, defensively, and physically big man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad