Alexander Semin or Alexander Radulov?

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
Ninot said:
Is Semin expected to play in the NHL next year?

I know hes expected to play, cant remember the details anymore, but i know the caps put behind the Fiasco and want the kid in a caps uniform next season.

1. Semin, but Radulov isnt far behind (might have some edge with playing in NA last season).

2. Hell No.

DRReclusive

Feb 7, 2006
White Rock
Alexander Semin is my choice. :yo:

Although I agree that Radulov has some nice skills, alot of players have dominated in the Q, and not been a factor in the NHL.

Radulov still has alot to prove, but being the CHL player of the year is a good start. :clap:

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
I think Radulov will be the better player. Yes Semin has proven he can be an NHLer but Radulov hasn't had the chance yet. He was a dominant player in the Q and raises his level of play in big games. I think his ability to make plays in tight will translate well to the NHL.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Corona-12 said:
1. Radulov hands down. He plays a lot grittier and has lived in Canada for a while. He isn't the classic "Russian" sterotype, not to mention he has amazing hands.

Agreed, exactly the reason i prefer him. And its not like he can't match Semin's skills either.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Haven't seen a ton of Radulov, but lets correlate things. Semin dominated the AHL playoffs, played pretty well in the NHL, while Radulov dominated a boys league.

I don't think that inherently means he will be bad, I just think Semin has amazing upside. He could be a very very good player in the league (maybe top 20 in points) if he wanted to and it works out right. I don't know if Radulov has the same upside.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Bonkers said:
Did you even read the article other than the headline? That proves absolutely nothing about how hard English language is to learn for someone speaking russian or other non-anglo-american language as primary. All it proves that English and American babies are dumb. :)

LOL :biglaugh:

I agree to some extent, this study has been made on children learning their primary language, not learning a secondary language... English is easy to learn as a secondary language, for example I'm from Quebec and most everyone here, even the dumbest, knows at least some english, if not spoken at least they can understand. Now ask an english to learn french... and listen him speak... :biglaugh:

English is one of the most easy and simple language to learn around the world...
Otherwise, I often saw that Chinese, by the astounding number of characters, and French, by it's complexity, are the two most difficult ones...

Again, I don't understand English and American babies having so much difficulty... :dunno: :help:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
PurCHAOS said:
I agree to some extent, this study has been made on children learning their primary language, not learning a secondary language... English is easy to learn as a secondary language, for example I'm from Quebec and most everyone here, even the dumbest, knows at least some english, if not spoken at least they can understand. Now ask an english to learn french... and listen him speak... :biglaugh:

English is one of the most easy and simple language to learn around the world...
Otherwise, I often saw that Chinese, by the astounding number of characters, and French, by it's complexity, are the two most difficult ones...

Actually, French is considered quite a bit easier to understand than a language such as Chinese, especially for people who don't have an Asian language as their primary one. The U.S. State Department classifies French in the 'easiest to learn' category for its foreign diplomats. This is based on the average time it takes a student to reach language proficiency in the Foreign Service Institute.

If you listen to someone who speaks French as their secondary language, of course they are going to sound foolish at times. I have news for you. While someone like Patrick Roy may sound normal in English to you, to an American, he can often be difficult to understand despite having had over two decades of experience speaking English on some level. The same nuances that make French difficult to speak perfectly for an English-speaker also make English difficult to speak perfectly from a French-speaker.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I would say Semin since I've seen 40+ games or so. This question should be asked after this next season, heh. Though I do think Radulov is a great prospect also.

Last edited:

Capitals19

Nov 14, 2005
NoVA
hmm.. thats a tough one.. I'd say its a tossup, but I'll give the nod to Semin because I'm a Caps fan. Radulov is gonna be a player though.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
PurCHAOS said:
LOL :biglaugh:

Again, I don't understand English and American babies having so much difficulty... :dunno: :help:

Your analogy is a bit flawed because Russian is far more different from English than French is. My guess is you started learning English very early on, maybe in elementary school?--Isn't bilingual education in Quebec pretty common? Semin probably didn't take any English classes, and even if he did, learning English as a native Russian speaker is probably more difficult than doing so as a French speaker.

It's pretty common knowledge than English is a very complex language with tons of irregularities, nonsensical pronunciation and a phrases that take on completely different meanings depending on intonation.

I've been taking Spanish for a long time and consider myself somewhat fluent, but Spanish is one of the easiest second languages to learn.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Semin has wheels, talent, and a lot more grit than he is given credit for, but Radulov is better, to me. I say that thinking Semin's top end could be pretty special (a 40g season in there somewhere).

Nashville has a gem there, and it's amazing how few realize the impact he is certain to have in short order. Add his production to that well-rounded roster, and the Predators are going to be a force for a while.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
bfire said:
I'd say Semin..even tho i think they'll be very similar players..30-40 goal guys..btw 1st post woot

Let the hazing....err, initiation begin ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->